Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fallen Off Wagon

I never really thoughts would struggle as I did before with dieting once I had lap band.....boy was I wrong......I'm struggling big time. I am eating poorly and am not losing...I have not exercised....what's wrong with me....I'm back to my old habit of sabotage myself....I was banded on July 12 and have lost 26 lbs and now it doesn't matter what I don't eat I'm feeling stuck so I give in and eat whatever I want...I know my recent personal struggles have a lot to do with my eating.....I'm feeling like once again I'm headed for failure...

Hi Vicky,

Don't give up on yourself, there could be a reason you are falling back into old habbits .. Have you any fills? Have you been getting 'stuck' eating foods? Are you PBing? Vomiting? If you answered yes to any of these your band could be too tight and you possibly need a small unfill.

Although I have not had a fill, I can tell you from reading a lot on here that you fall into a typical catagory when someone experiences a tight band. Meaning, you will fall pray to eating 'slider' foods. This could lead to bad food choices and will sabatoge ones diet, losing weight.

Now, if you are just falling back into 'bad' habbits with your food you can easily fix this yourself. Just keep in mind the very reason you had surgery done in the first place. Remember the band is NOT going to stop you from overeating, that is your job. I honestly beleive this is fixable! You still have a tool (your band), go back to basics, follow your nutrionist advice, and track everything you eat. I would even recommend talking to your nutrionist so that he/she can set you up with a food plan that fits your needs to get you back on track.

Don't feel like a failure, you are not alone and I have read so many who share the same battles. There is nothing wrong with you, your a normal human being.

Pick yourself up, start over a new leaf... Make tomorrow a brand new day!

I know you can do it!

Keep us posted on your progress....

((hugs))

-Patty

Sounds like you already know what your problems are now you need to get your head on straight and work with your band. The band is not going to do the work for you. You need to get back to eating right and eating small portions and begin to exercise. Your not a failure you just need to begin again and look at getting a fill.

Hello!

I have the same problem. I had to go back to my dietician to "get my head on straight" too. I havent lost any more weight and feel like a failure. Granted I am not gaining, but I feel stuck. I havent been vomiting or PBing I am trying to lower my caloric intake and see where it goes. I got an exercise partner that I met on here (even though the rain has deterred our walking plans!) and we are going to support each other.

You can do this! If I can get my head back, you can too!!

I'm going for a 2nd fill next week,but definitely will pick myself up and dust myself off starting again tomorrow....will definitely check in. Thanks again everyone....this is so tough.....

I'm going for a 2nd fill next week' date='but definitely will pick myself up and dust myself off starting again tomorrow....will definitely check in. Thanks again everyone....this is so tough.....[/quote']

Good to hear and maybe you don't have enough fill yet, once you do it will be so much easier.