Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Size 2X Casual Clothing

Hello, I have a few months to go still before completing the pre-surgical program and desperately need clothing. I've yoyo'd so much I have stuff in many sizes, but right now I'm in a 2x and last time I lost weight I had very wishful thinking and got rid of all but a few pieces, and now that fall is here find I have very little (I had plenty of warm weather things, plus they are cheap to buy). I like casual clothing, tops either 3/4 or long sleeves and prefer knit elastic waist pants (or the kind that fold over on top) (I cannot tolerate button up pants for relaxing). I never have need to dress up, so don't need anything dressy. I wear scrubs at work.

I just want to get through the colder weather without breaking the bank. I keep checking clothing on ebay but can't find anything quite right. I am willing to pay you so if you have grown out of your clothing, here's a chance to make room in your closet for newer, smaller clothing!

Checking my closet.....I might of just sent all I had to my Doctors exchange....but if i find some Id be happy to send them to you.....just pay the shipping...

good luck !

I'm guessing you didn't find anything? That's ok, I appreciate the thought! I bought a top on sale last week at Avenue and it cost $29. That's too much considering I'm hoping to soon NOT be in that size, lol! But it was on sale and I was desperate. Today I got a top on sale for $20. I'm not trying to be cheap but boy, oh boy!

I'm back looking on ebay at the clothes lots. Before, if the lot had several items and only a few I liked I'd think oh why spend the money. But I'm trying to add it all up, cuz if I come out ahead it's ok, and can always give away items that's aren't "me"! ;) Now the challenge is to find my size.....seems they're all either xl or 3x. Typical!

Try Cato of u have one close by. The clothes there are pretty reasonable. I bought a a few sleeveless shirts off clearance for $3 and a black sweater to put over them. I love Cato.

Try Goodwill or Salvation Army or any other thrifts stores you may have in your area. I have found some great deals on clothes, some brand new still with tags. I haven't paid more than $4 for any piece. I'm lucky I have quite a few shops in my area and I love to shop so I do the circuit of shops every couple of weeks or so. It is hit or miss, some times I find a lot, and sometimes I don't get anything.

Try Ross, they always have tops for like 8.99. I wish I could help, but my 2x clothes are what I am wearing now (fall/winter), I have lots of spring/summer stuff that I wont need. Having my surgery next week, and its just getting cool here, so I still need my 2x stuff. Good luck.

Try Cato of u have one close by. The clothes there are pretty reasonable. I bought a a few sleeveless shirts off clearance for $3 and a black sweater to put over them. I love Cato.

I've never even heard of Cato, so I guess that's out ;) Unless they are online?

Try Ross, they always have tops for like 8.99. I wish I could help, but my 2x clothes are what I am wearing now (fall/winter), I have lots of spring/summer stuff that I wont need. Having my surgery next week, and its just getting cool here, so I still need my 2x stuff. Good luck.

They don't have Ross in my area, unfortunately! Although I never thought to check online, maybe I'll try that....most places have online stores too, so I'll take a look.

Try Goodwill or Salvation Army or any other thrifts stores you may have in your area. I have found some great deals on clothes, some brand new still with tags. I haven't paid more than $4 for any piece. I'm lucky I have quite a few shops in my area and I love to shop so I do the circuit of shops every couple of weeks or so. It is hit or miss, some times I find a lot, and sometimes I don't get anything.

The Goodwill nearest me has very little plus sizes and I'm not sure where there's a Salvation Army. However, my son told me about Savers and I went there. They had a ton of plus sizes! I got a couple tops there and I'd definitely go back. I wish we had a plus size consignment store around. We have a Clothes Mentor but have barely a rack of plus sizes :/

I did end up getting stuff on e-bay. I got 2 scrub tops for work (but need pants to match one of them, haha), and 2 lots of tops. But with the lots, there's always going to be something you don't like or doesn't fit. I was lucky in that it all fit. There's a couple tops that aren't "me" but I'll either ask my mom if she wants them or bring them to work for our clothing closet. Of course, I didn't think I'd win all of what I did, so I ended up spending more than I intended, lol! I still need pants. Pants have always been my nemesis so that's always an issue!

I did find nice scrub pants that fit but they are more expensive I can't afford more than one at a time!

Thank to everyone for the great ideas! I'll keep them all in mind. A good deal of what I got on ebay is short sleeve....I can wear them now, and some will look good with a long sleeve top underneath. So I'll still be looking for more cold weather clothing.

Hi, yes I have actually gotten a few things there. It's hit or miss though whether or not they have styles I feel comfortable wearing. Dots can be ok too, but Junior Plus sizes don't always fit my hips well. IT's my 'baby-birthin' hips!

I'm guessing you didn't find anything? That's ok, I appreciate the thought! I bought a top on sale last week at Avenue and it cost $29. That's too much considering I'm hoping to soon NOT be in that size, lol! But it was on sale and I was desperate. Today I got a top on sale for $20. I'm not trying to be cheap but boy, oh boy!

I'm back looking on ebay at the clothes lots. Before, if the lot had several items and only a few I liked I'd think oh why spend the money. But I'm trying to add it all up, cuz if I come out ahead it's ok, and can always give away items that's aren't "me"! ;) Now the challenge is to find my size.....seems they're all either xl or 3x. Typical!

I just emailed your request to my best friend. She is no longer in 2x. I don't think that she has gotten rid of them yet.

I just emailed your request to my best friend. She is no longer in 2x. I don't think that she has gotten rid of them yet.

Oh my, thank you! Despite my eBay finds, they are not enough, as many are short sleeved and a few r for fancier occasions. :)

I have some 2x clothing that i need to get rid of. Im looking for a size 16 in jeans

Oh that would be great! I might even have some size 16 jeans even......I'm not a big fan of jeans, yet somehow I have several pairs in many sizes! I'll check in the next day. Or two and let u know..