Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Months Since Banded, Down 40 Lbs :-)

Im very excited and pleased with my progress.

im down 40 since my banding (4/26) and 53 total since March 1.

I just had my 3rd fill on 9/24 and i think it may be the one to get me into the green zone.

from mid july til just pass mid august i was at a stand still on the scale and was very discouraged and was ready to give up and even tell doc to take the band out....what was i thinking?

I am so gald that i didnt..i just tweeked my workouts a bit, watched my carbs closer than i was and the weight started coming off again, ive had a loss every week since 8/24.

So for those of you who may be 2 or 3 months post-op (or at any stage of post op for that matter) and find your self at a stand still, dont get discouraged..just look at what you have been doing, and make eeven a small change for the better and it will work!

Coming here to LBT for encouragement and support and many tips...was the best thing i could have done and has been a large part of why ive done what i have done so far.

Hi Rebecca,

You are doing marvelous! Congrats on your weight loss, keep it up :)

good for you! and thanks for the info, i was just thinking about working out and stuff:). Keep me posted and you look GREAT!!

Congratulations! WTG on working your diet & exercise!

I hope a lot of new banders see this. I'm always reading about people giving up and wanting the band removed. You showed that you had to follow the plan, look at yourself and see what you could do better. I'm really proud of you!

Best wishes

Thank you so much for this, Rebecca. I'm about 4 1/2 months out and haven't lost, or gained really, in 6+ weeks. It's been so frustrating and discouraging. I've tried everything I can think of with no avail, so I'm meeting with my surgeon today for another fill and get his advice. I'm down 52 lbs overall but after steadily losing for the first 3 months, I am so discouraged over the past 1 1/2 months!

Im very excited and pleased with my progress.

im down 40 since my banding (4/26) and 53 total since March 1.

I just had my 3rd fill on 9/24 and i think it may be the one to get me into the green zone.

from mid july til just pass mid august i was at a stand still on the scale and was very discouraged and was ready to give up and even tell doc to take the band out....what was i thinking?

I am so gald that i didnt..i just tweeked my workouts a bit, watched my carbs closer than i was and the weight started coming off again, ive had a loss every week since 8/24.

So for those of you who may be 2 or 3 months post-op (or at any stage of post op for that matter) and find your self at a stand still, dont get discouraged..just look at what you have been doing, and make eeven a small change for the better and it will work!

Coming here to LBT for encouragement and support and many tips...was the best thing i could have done and has been a large part of why ive done what i have done so far.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great work!

Thank you so much for this, Rebecca. I'm about 4 1/2 months out and haven't lost, or gained really, in 6+ weeks. It's been so frustrating and discouraging. I've tried everything I can think of with no avail, so I'm meeting with my surgeon today for another fill and get his advice. I'm down 52 lbs overall but after steadily losing for the first 3 months, I am so discouraged over the past 1 1/2 months!

That is exactly why i was so discouraged, because i had been losing steadily up til that point, even if it was just 1 pound..it was steady...you and I are just about the same point and same loss so im glad we can help each other out. DONT GIVE UP~! It will get better,,,I PROMISE! If u would like, add me as a friend and we can bend each others ears when we need to!

Great job. I have posted this many times but I will again. I was at 300.4 pounds for 14 weeks. Not kidding. I would go up a pound then back down. I think one time I was 300.2 but I could not bust that 300# mark. I saw my Dr and Dietitian. Took my food and exercise logs with me... they said I was doing everything great! The dietitian suggested changing up my exercise and suggested a "Body Pump" class. (weight class to music... i love that class). I did it and the weight started moving a couple days later. Uff that was frustrating. My Dietitian said that some times your body just says "no more" "this is not who you are" and comes to a stalemate! You just got to battle through it and not get discouraged. (I eat when I get discouraged???) I'm kind of in that spot again but have not been very dilligent with my execise through the summer... but I'm back at er full force this week.

Nice job and keep up the good work.

If i stall out for a few weeks, I go back on liquids to jump start myself again. I see that again in my future very soon....like Monday :D

Thank you so much for your wonderful post! I was banded June 29/12 and im just not there any more!! I am not discouraged, just not as motivated....I haven't found my sweet spot and hoping my second fill will give me some restriction. I set a goal to lose 25 lbs by December and wondering if I can do it!! Your post is going to encourage me to start fresh tomorrow ! Keep up the great work!! :)

Wow! That's FANTASTIC!

Thank you so much for your wonderful post! I was banded June 29/12 and im just not there any more!! I am not discouraged, just not as motivated....I haven't found my sweet spot and hoping my second fill will give me some restriction. I set a goal to lose 25 lbs by December and wondering if I can do it!! Your post is going to encourage me to start fresh tomorrow ! Keep up the great work!! :)

25lbs is a great goal to have...just dont get discouraged if you dont reach it. Most docs, even after being banded, will say the most should be 2-3 lbs a week..3 lbs a week would put you there..but if u average 2...that is still a huge accomplishment to be proud of...heck...any weight loss is worth being proud of! I will be here rooting you on to reach your goal...but most of all, to help keep you motivated and to help pick you up if you fall...isnt that what having support is all about? GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!