Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost all motivation!!

Hey, are you on your period? That'll kill my motivation in a heartbeat!

When I have willpower probelms it almost always is a seratonin issue. So I do things like go tanning, take a little 5-HTP (an amino acid), and head to the gym. Of course when your willpower is low going to the gym seems like a real chore. But isn't that how life goes? We don't want to do something when we need it the most!

OH my gosh. I think we all go through this to varying degrees. I'm struggling right now to make good choices and not spread my meals into all day snacking binges.

Vinesqueen said it well. bread is not the enemy, but eating a whole loaf is. Same with the ice cream.

Let's hold hands and support each other in this weak moment.

Besides, remember your band is unfilled right now. That doesn't help things.

Hey Everyone!

Vines - I actually have been eating small portions of EVERYTHING since I was banded. I have eaten ice cream & junk all along the way. I just kept in control. I didn't eat bread because I just couldn't! I agree that food is not the enemy. It is all ME baby!! I am just out of control. I'm getting seconds & thirds of everything because I know my band won't restrict me!! You are very strong to have just one Dove ice cream bar. If they were in my house, the ENTIRE box would disappear very fast. Good for you for having so much self-control!! :D I am SOOOOO NOT that way.

Grizgirl - I felt those phsycic waves!! Thank you! I'm doing a little better today. No ice cream!! :biggrin1:

Puddinpie- It's not that time of the month. Gosh, I almost wish it was so I could have something to blame it on!!!!! :heh:

Sounds like there's a lot of people going through this same thing!! Let's all hold hands & give each other support!! (Take the hand of the person on your left. Now the person on your right.) Okay, everybody say HMMMMMMMMMMMM....... Can you feel the energy?!?!?!

WE CAN DO THIS!! We've done it before & we can do it again!! C'mon, do I hear a high five all the way around?!?!?

Don't worry Vines! I AM NOT GIVING UP!! I have worked too hard & payed out waaaay to much $$ to get here & I'm not going down that easy. This little pity party will end soon........very soon. (Just as soon as I finish this last peice of chocolate! ha!)

I'm countin' the days until my next fill!!

You have no idea how much this post scares me. I have been trying to decide between lap-band and RnY and of course everyone who has lap-band says how great it is...yadda yadda and the same with the bypass. I read where Inamed says the lap-band is not meant to be permanent and people were saying, well by the time 10 years or so rolls around and you have to get it replaced or whatever, your eating habits will have changed. I don't think so. It is so easy to fall back into eating wrong. Once you start eating the processed foods again, your body just craves more. Take it from someone who lost over 65 lbs. and kept it off (on my own) for over 3 years until I got pregnant and started eating differently.

SCARY!

I'm petrified of RnY becuase of stretchage, but I think if I could have the fobi pouch put it, I'd choose RnY right now.

Miper70, please don't be discouraged of getting the band because of this post!! You have to remember that I have only had the band for 7 months. Even though I THOUGHT I had learned self-control in those short months, I guess I haven't. This is only my experience - everyone is so different. It's only because I had to be un-filled. My experience is not normal! I AM NOT NORMAL!!! :)

My lapse has not brought on my previous eating habits AT ALL. I have definately improved since pe-band. My out of control behavior has only cost me 2 lbs!! (Not bad, I thought it would be more!!!) Had I gone off the deep end before the band, I would have gained so much more!!

NO SURGERY IS going to be a miracle! You still have to work hard & eat right now matter what surgery you choose to get. I am thrilled with the little problems I have had with the band. I wouldn't trade it for a minute to have the problems some of the bypass people have experienced!!

Don't be scared!! Please ask more questions if you'd like & I'd be happy to answer them. The band is nothing to be afraid of. :)

Okay, the "real" Diane is back & I am ARMED!!!! :madgrin:

I went to the store today & picked up all my weapons so I could have something to defend myself. Here's what I got:

1) LOTS & LOTS of yummy, sugar-free drinks & waters.

2) Ready-made veggies to snack on.

3) Low calorie snack pria bars for when I REALLY need chocolate.< /p>

4) Lots of vegetables & fixin's for salad

5) A new workout suit (It motivates me if I look GOOD!!!!!)

6) Lean turkey & chicken for snack if I'm still hungry after lunch.< /p>

I also got rid of all the ice cream, chocolate, treats, pudding, Jello & sugar drinks. THEY'RE GONE!! No temptations. This is the only thing that works for me. If it's in the house, I eat it. I am still in awe that Vines can have a box of Dove bars in her home & not eat the whole thing!!!! KUDDOS TO YOU VINES!!!! (lend me your willpower?!?!?)

Someone said earlier that I was having a love affair with a long lost friend. THEY WERE SO RIGHT!! food was my long lost friend & I just wanted to indugle in it ONE more time.

But, it's all out of my system. No more one night stands. I'm finished. My food affair was kicked out of the house!!

I stepped on the scale & was very surprised that 2 lbs was the only amount of weight I gained. NOT BAD!! This band is still working. :)

I CAN DO THIS!! :eek:

So glad you have found your resolve again Diane. One thing we need to realize is that we are human and we fall all the time. I think the clue is to make sure we get up again. Sometimes we can pick ourselves up, but othertimes we need to be dragged to our feet by the scruff of our necks.

I know that LBT is so important for me, important to me because of the support.

As for the Dove bars, as long as they are in the freezer, I don't need them. When I moved out of my apartment I had to throw out part of a box because I didn't want to eat them for Breakfast. I know, what in the hell is wrong with me!?