Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've lost all motivation!!

I have done very good for such a long time!!!!!!! :P But, I have jumped off the wagon & hangin' by a rope with a big ice cream cone in my hand!!

I had to have a partial un-fill this week due to some complications. After being on liquids/soft foods for 3 days I was finally able to eat REAL food yesterday. I am soooo out of control & can't seem to get back on track.

What is wrong with me?!?!? I have been eating healthy for 8 MONTHS!! I thought that if my band were to get unfilled I would be fine because I had developed a good eating habit. Boy, was I WRONG!!!

I went to a birthday party yesterday & they had a smorgasborg (sp?) of all kinds of food. I sampled them all & then went back for more. I couldn't pass up the heaping plate of cake & ice cream - right?!?! Then, that night I stopped at Sonic to order a drink. I ended up getting a thousand island burger & tator tots along with it!! WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!?!?! It didn't even taste good.

I am constantly hungry & can't get satisified. I've been eating candy from my kids rooms & left over ice cream!!! :)

I will get my band re-filled in a few weeks, but until then I may blow up like a big balloon & gain back all the pounds I worked so diligently to lose!!

I'm sure there's some underlying reason why I'm eating so crazily, but I don't know what it is. I am happy. Maybe I am TOO happy & having a little party for myself!! :help:

Anybody have some Hoodia they'd like to share?!?! Where's the website so I can order some NOW!!!!! I need some major help.

I'm sorry!!!! I can only imagine how hard that is... It's just hard to eat healthly and right for the rest of your life. Now that you've had your little party you can get back on track... The good thing with the band is getting back on track isn't as bad (I hope anyway)

I wish you luck with your fill and hopefully things won't get too crazy before then.

Dear Diane,

I'm not banded for another ten days, but I can really share in your worry. I am looking for help from the band in changing my behavior, my outlook on food portions, and my attitude towards my body. Your experience just reinforces how difficult it is to keep weight off after losing. Our bodies just SCREAM to gain it back! Someday there will be a true cure!

Don't fret, Diane - I'm in the exact same boat!

I've been soooooo hungry lately and craving nothing but junk, which hasn't happened for about the past 10 months lol. But the past few weeks, I want chips and chocolate and BREAD! I have a feeling it has something to do with quitting smoking/starting zoloft/being so darn close to goal.

We can get back on the wagon though. I don't know how yet lol, but I know its possible and when I find out, I'll come tell ya!! :)

Oh .. and on Friday, I am having a full unfill for PS. If someone would like to come pin me down so I don't go to the Italian restuarant I've been wanting (and then to the icecream shop beside it), I'd very much appreciate it.

Boo - 10 days!! I remember the count down. It seems just like yesterday. Good choice in your doctor. You will love Dr. Ortiz!! :P

Jess - Did you say bread? !?!?! OMG!! It goes down so easily & tastes heavenly. I had some homeade bread with butter today & I had forgotten how good it was. What are we going to do with ourselves? I have NO self-control. I keep saying I'll jump back on the wagon, but so far the wagon isn't even coming my way. It's heading the other direction!! :biggrin1:

I am baffled at how I did so well when the band was properly restricted. It made me THINK I was in complete control of myself. I am very dissappointed that I really don't have it. Strike that. I'm not dissappointed. I'm MAD at myself!! :devious

I am amazed at people who were de-banded & are still maintaining their weight loss. What's the secret?!?! Did you learn something that I'm missing?!?! :faint:

It's time to sit down & have a LONG talk with myself. I want the strong, in-control Diane to come back & kick this lazy, no-good, ice cream eating Diane OUT!!! I thought that old Diane was looooooong gone!! NOPE!! She's showing her face & her face is UGLY!!

I just re-read that last paragraph & now I'm worried that maybe I have bi-polar issues. :) HA!!

Is there a physciatrist in the house?!?!?!?!?!? :help:

Hey, I have to tell you that I was at a basketball game and Heidi Klum was sitting near us. I watched her down a huge bag of carmel corn. Even supermodels have to fight the urges. You have lost soooo much weight. No one else did it; you did it. You just aren't used to being without the band. Start again tomorrow. Just a little success breeds more success.

Thanks for the good word on Ortiz. Of course I'm nervous, but he has many happy patients.

When you figure out the answer, please share it!!! We all need to know how to "fly solo" if necessary.

I just re-read that last paragraph & now I'm worried that maybe I have bi-polar issues. :) HA!!

Is there a physciatrist in the house?!?!?!?!?!? :help:

:pound:

Hey, when your done with the psychiatrist, would you send them my way? I want my band so bad that sometimes I wonder if I'm going to PB after eating.....not really, but I do think about the band constantly. :)

Being preband I can't really speak to your eating after an unfill, but my guess is your just being normal. Maybe you just needed to have an affair with an old friend. :P

Hang in there....tomorrow is a new day!!

All I have to say is wow! Because I am 11 days post op and on mushies and I am craving so much. I believe that I have the 10 cc VG band and it is unfilled. I have to wait for my fill for another 4 weeks and I don't even have a set date yet. I can't wait for the restriction that I got the band for. I just ate extremely mushy Ramen Soup and it tasted so good, a little weird cooked so much but I ate it all and I am still feeling hunger. I have been doing pretty good, but it is soooo hard to fight the hunger. I feel as if I could down a big fat juicey steak among other things without putting it in the blender. Ok, I'm done now, LOL.

Tomorrow is another day but remember even if you screw up in the middle of the day, there is still the rest of the day to change your mind and eat right :)

We all go thru those "relapses" of falling back into old habits. I had to have a total unfill for the 2nd time due to Acid Reflux and am struggling to maintain the weight loss I had..........the idea is Okay you fell off the wagon....you had fun and enjoyed all those good food items........Times up! Get back on the wagon before you end up hating yourself....its over done....today's a new day! Don't go backwards....you just fell off the step...and get back on it! Please do it now....this moment...don't wait!

Come'on Dianne...we can get back on the wagon together! I started this morning how about you? The ice cream is out of my house and I am going to have a good week!!! My goal is to get my Water intoday and walk for 30 mins today. Taking it one day at a time!

Hi Diane-

Maybe we can jump back on the wagon together. I saw your comments on my "unfilled thread"

bread, nachos, margaritas (frozen strawberry), brownies. I did it all this weekend. One day (maybe one hour) at a time for me.

I'm starting out the day with oatmeal. I've got a tuna sandwich for lunch.

OK sister, I am thinking about you and sending psychic messages.

your way.

Together let's try to minimize the junk until we can get some juice back into the belly band!

Our psychiatrist had a great phrase that is helping me stop fighting myself (I'm faking it until I make it!). He suggested we stop saying, "I have to..." or "I need to..." and start saying, "It's in my best interest to..." or "It's smart to..."

I won't say I've conquered my demons yet (by a LONG shot), but when I say, "It's smart to exercise every day," I find I WANT to exercise, lol, 'cuz I've always wanted to be smart!

Now the problem is getting myself to use those words!!

(( Hugs )) Diane! Thank goodness the refill is coming!

Hi Diane, it sounds like you've been in "diet-mode" since you got your band. Where you have been restricting yourself from everything since you've been banded, instead of trying to change your lifestyle.

bread is not our enemy. Eating an entire loaf of bread is. Eating one small dish of ice cream is not "bad" but eating an entire carton is not desireable by any means.

I don't think I would care to live my life without all the foods I love, but I have learned to eat them in moderation. I buy a box now and again of those little dove bar ice cream treats, and I have learned to limit myself to ONE serving or less. One serving is 3 ice cream things, but one has 60 calories. And when I do have one or an entire serving, I savor it.

Okay, I'm down 15 pounds total since April 05 and I haven't given up, so you don't get to either.

If I could still eat bread, I would. I KNOW I would....sometimes I even wish I could (how bad is that?).

I know people who have had the band since the FDA trials who had to be unfilled for a short time and guess what? They reverted to the same old behavior that made them fat in the first place - even the one who had lost 210 pounds and had been at goal for 4 years! So you aren't any worse than everyone else, if that's any consolation.

We don't stop ourselves from over-eating...the band stops us from over-eating. We are just along for the ride. Sad, but true.

Carlene

11/29/04

-86 pounds

I know people who have had the band since the FDA trials who had to be unfilled for a short time and guess what? They reverted to the same old behavior that made them fat in the first place - even the one who had lost 210 pounds and had been at goal for 4 years! So you aren't any worse than everyone else, if that's any consolation.

We don't stop ourselves from over-eating...the band stops us from over-eating. We are just along for the ride. Sad, but true.

Carlene

11/29/04

-86 pounds

Amen!!! I have skinny friends that eat just as bad or worse then I ever have (and a lot of times more) they just have a different metabolism then most of us do. So my point is... some of us need the band because we don't have a great metabolism and it's not that we are bad people.