Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was everyone's first real meal after the post-op diet?

Wow oddly, I don't remember. I think it's because it was gradually worked up to as I went through the different post op food stages. I do remember having thin mashed potatoes in the mushy stage and thinking it was absolute heaven after 4 weeks of liquids lol.

I can't wait for the mashed potatoes.......have dreams in my mind how I will flavor them. :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness! That's.exactly how I'm feeling right now. I'm on day five of my week long post op diet and I can't wait to have something other than broth and Water and ice pops, etc. I just said to my mom, I'm going to take my last Vitamin for the night just so I can chew! Lol

I had scrambled eggs and refried Beans with cheese and salsa. YUMMO!

what is normal anyhow.

heck i wanted to eat food and really didnt care

my first food after all liquids was very runny oatmeal

it was outstanding after a month with no food

and only liquids

My first "food" was mashed potatoes. They were sooo yummy. I wish KFC had frequent flyer miles! My first "real" food was a Burger King cheeseburger. Yes, I did it. And it didn't even fill me up! I felt so guilty after that, I just kept eating the wrong foods until I found restriction at 5 mths and my 3rd fill. I ate just as much as I did pre band. My first meal after the 3rd fill was 4 bites of chicken, 2 bites of a baked potatoe and a couple bites of green Beans. I was uncomfortable. Yeah - it was finally working!

I don't recommend doing the "free for all" that I did after my liquid diet. If I had to do it over, I would have played by the rules more. Maybe I'd be at goal by now!

Marci

Wow oddly, I don't remember. I think it's because it was gradually worked up to as I went through the different post op food stages. I do remember having thin mashed potatoes in the mushy stage and thinking it was absolute heaven after 4 weeks of liquids lol.

that's my exact reply! Thanks for typing it for me Mis. ;)