Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome back to our lap band site. I have been banded for 4 years and since I started out as a yo yo dieter all my life, nothing has changed except that I have some control and have nipped this weight thing in the bud. I had gained 8 pounds over the last year and had to really knuckle down to get it back off. This band had saved my life and as I read your story, how true it is for most of us at least. I was brought up to eat when happy, when sad, when up and when down. There was no occasion that did not deserve a good buffet to soothe my ruffled feelings. You will do fine and get the weight back off. Life can be so bad sometimes but you seem to be a fighter and I have no doubt you will be back into your size 8 clothes soon. Welcome back friend.

Welcome Nette Fosters, you should be proud of yourself! You have done well over 10 years. You are able to control yourself and have started back down the hill. so best wishes, and good luck. Great story, too! Karen

Welcome Annette! A touching story from you and the length of the lapband. Congratulations on your weight loss. It is good to hear very truthful stories from people who have gone through the struggles of getting weight off and improving their health.

Keep up your good work on weight reduction and best wishes.

Richard

Hi Annette,

I haven't been on this forum in a few years. I, like you, was banded a long time ago. Five years in October. I weighed in at 240 and am also 5'8". I lost almost 100 pounds in a year getting down to 143. I couldn't have been happier at my size 6 from a size 22. I stayed under 150 for the following year but have watched myself slowly creep up. I weighed in at 175 on Jan 1 of 2012 and decided I was going to stop gaining. I have maintained that 175 all year so far but have been unable to lose any of it. For whatever reason I have forgotten about the forum but today is my birthday and it popped up on my email. I decided to open it and I found your writings. I think I am going to try to respond here more often and get back on track. I too beleive lapband has saved me from now being 300 pounds but I am not happy at a size 14 as well. Maybe we can head on this journey together. I also have not been to the Dr. for awhile. I think two years as well. Tomorrow I am going to call to see if I can get in and get back on track.

Thanks for your post ; nice to meet you.

Barb

My biggest fear is not losing the weight....It is gaining it back and then some. I've been down that road before and I hope to avoid it this time once I get to where I want to be. Thank you for sharing.

Wow!

10 years! Thats incredible!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you so much for sharing, so glad you decided to come here and let all of us know! I'm new here and getting my band Nov 16th and I'm nervous as **** and still have over a month!!!

Thank you Sparkplug! Aww, what a lovely message. I feel all glowing inside. :-)

Hi Annette' date='

I haven't been on this forum in a few years. I, like you, was banded a long time ago. Five years in October. I weighed in at 240 and am also 5'8". I lost almost 100 pounds in a year getting down to 143. I couldn't have been happier at my size 6 from a size 22. I stayed under 150 for the following year but have watched myself slowly creep up. I weighed in at 175 on Jan 1 of 2012 and decided I was going to stop gaining. I have maintained that 175 all year so far but have been unable to lose any of it. For whatever reason I have forgotten about the forum but today is my birthday and it popped up on my email. I decided to open it and I found your writings. I think I am going to try to respond here more often and get back on track. I too beleive lapband has saved me from now being 300 pounds but I am not happy at a size 14 as well. Maybe we can head on this journey together. I also have not been to the Dr. for awhile. I think two years as well. Tomorrow I am going to call to see if I can get in and get back on track.

Thanks for your post ; nice to meet you.

Barb[/quote']

Oh Barb! May I hug you? :-) Wow, your post means so much to me! Let's stay in touch and help each other remember what we want when we forget.

You mentioned contacting your doctor. I hope that goes well. When I moved to a new state, I thought I'd have to drive two to three hours for fills but just found out that a well respected band doc has a fill office only 45 minutes from me. I'm waiting to hear back if they'll take me since I wasn't originally a patient of that surgeon. My fingers are crossed :-)

Thank you for your honesty and sharing your story. It reminds us all that this is work and never ends. We are a team and can be here for one another.

Thank you so much for posting. Your journey is exactly what i wanted and hoped to hear. You had real life struggles but after 10 years if i can say what you have i will be a success story just like you! Getting mine on 10/10. Please join us. We need stories like yours! Thanks sgain???Š

Loved reading your post! 10 years, so much insight for us newbies. It just shows me that this is life long journey and not a quick fix!

If we resort back to our old habits the wt will creep back. Good for you keeping it in control and getting back on track. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

hi Jim,

I have gained 30 back of the 100 I lost in 5 years...and although I really liked my 100 pound loss, i would still prefer to be down 70 then up 70. I also have lost weight several times in my life and gained it back with more but this truly is different.