Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Questions!

I want to have a baby so bad but I am not quite at a healthy weight to do so. But I have baby fever and have been thinking about a lot of things.

My biggest question for those of you that have the band and a baby after the band, did you have a c-section or could you do vaginal delivery?

Did you have port pain durring pregnancy as your body grew?

How long after you started trying did it take to actually get pregnant?

These are just a few questions I would really like to know about. Thanks in advance!

Well, I can't answer all of these, but I will do my best. Keep in mind I haven't had any kids while banded (or at all) but this is what most people have told me. C-section is NOT necessary if you are banded. Vaginal delivery is totally possible with a band unless you have some other unrelated complacations. I intend to have a Water birth :)

Port pain seems pretty regular. Most people complain about it on here, some more than others. I think it's really different for everyone and hurts more if the baby kicks you there!

Most doctors suggest waiting 12-18 months before trying to get pregnant. This allows your body to adjust to the hormonal changes it was making in the first place, and hopefully allow your weight to get a bit more steady.

Hi there! I actually got pregnant a few weeks after being banded! oops,lol. I was banded June 30th-ish. It could have been the 29th.. Alice Rose was born April 16th of this year. I had only like 1.5 ccs in my band at the time I found out I was pregnant. Some days I would have random restriction I guess because she would push up against my stomache? I would rarely have port pain. I had a vaginal delivery and everything went perfect. I have a healthy 5 month old baby girl and as of today I have lost all of my baby weight plus 20lbs! And I dont really diet! Unfortunately I was unable to breastfeed (I was devastated) so I was able to start getting fills about 2 months after Alice was here! Good luck!

I was banded in April and just dropped below 200. To Celebrate, I went off birth control!

From what I've read, a completely healthy and normal pregnancy is possible. I don't know for sure, but I'm expecting a bit of port pain.

My surgeon says I shouldn't have to gain more than 15lbs or so to maintain a healthy pregnancy, but my surgeon is a man... we'll see what really happens!

I gained 37 pounds while pregnant and it dropped off VERY quickly. I didnt have any weird cravings other than ice,which helped a lot with getting all my Water in daily. :) I just ate constantly! Which is a fun part about being preggy! lol. Alice keeps me going on eating better foods.I want to be a healthy mommy and raise her to eat and LIKE healthy foods.I just dont diet. If I want something sweet I eat it...just not the whole bag!

How long have you been banded? My doctor wants you to wait a year before getting pregnant.

Whew these posts make me feel better. I've been banded over a year but want to lose more before we start trying. I can't wait until that day! Thanks everyone.

I had my lapband in 07. I went from a 16 to a 4. stayed a 4 till last October i found out was pregnant. had most of Fluid removed. gained 75 lbs...no port pain or any issues whatsoever. only issue is now Im a 14 again. Having an adjustment in 2%eeks...cant wait :-)

Hi!

Had my band 8/2010 lost 60# and gor pregnant that following may i only gained 25# even though i was only supposed to gain 15, ha! I actually had lots of port discomfort before getting pregnant and was so worried while pregnant but never had any issues!! Now that I'm no longer prego the discomfort returns from time to time...but i had a perfectly normal pregnancy (just a little high blood pressure) and delivered at 305# vaginally and i wanted to go all natural but having to be induced and over 48 hours later no baby i gave in to the epi and let me tell you it was awesome!! Lol i had a mirror and watched her being born and only took ten minutes of pushing :) so if people tell you that you have to have a c section they're full.of it! My dd is now 8.5months and I've been nursing it's been a struggle with supply but I'm doing it and since I've gained another 25# after having her I'm going in Monday to start my fills again I'm just worried it will effect my already horrible supply we'll see keep me in your prayers and i will do the same for you! :)

I am much larger then I wanted to be when I got pregnant. Sitting at 305 right now and I'm just about 15 weeks along everything is going great. No port pain and I've only gained 3 pounds so far.

Getting pregnant was a huge surprise we Were not trying just happened due to one slip up. So it was very easy to get pregnant.

Doc has mentioned that a c section may be likley but I don't see why. There is really nothing about my band that effects pushing for a vaginal delivery.