Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Figured It Out... It's Elastic's Fault!!

Now that I am shopping for some new clothes to go with my new figure i find myself buying nothing but pants, shorts, skirts and jeans with buttons, hooks, snaps and zippers. I didn't plan it .... but it hit me over the weekend that everything I owned ... once I topped the scales at 200 had an elastic waist. And over the years as I packed on 10, 20 and even 177 lbs to the 200 I had... My elastic waists were forgiving and loved me. I didn't even think to buy a zipper... Too uncomfortable. Elastic grew with me and when I was sure my favorite pair of shorts or skirts has shrunk in the wash yet another time I would buy a bigger size because once again the elastic loved me and made me comfortable.

As I was losing weight I found I could go 30 or 40 lbs before the elastic just let me down and I had to go to the next size down. But when I hit sized 14 i bought a skirt that had a zipper and no elastic. It didn't occur to me at the time... I was too busy celebrating the size 14... But I was finished buying elastic anything except maybe leggings and undergarments.

The 14 skirt falls off me today. The difference between that and the 10s I am wearing wouldn't be so extreme if they had elastic waists. But they don't and I am promising myself to let my clothes govern my body. If the pants I bought today are ever tight... I won't buy anything else until they fit again. Sorry elastic but you just lost a customer!

;)

You are amazing. I can't wait tell I get there.

Boy can I relate. I love elastic it 's so comfortable when you' re heavy. Now that my waist size is getting smaller I can comfortably wear skirts or pants with zippers.

i dont wear jeans at all only leggings. when i think of the future im like hmmm will i wear jeans? looking forward to be able to go in every store and not just plus size. the day is coming all smiles along the way. :lol:

Awesome post! Im so excited to be on the beginning stages of this journey. :)

i dont wear jeans at all only leggings. when i think of the future im like hmmm will i wear jeans? looking forward to be able to go in every store and not just plus size. the day is coming all smiles along the way. :lol:

It is an amazing feeling. I know you will have a ball like I am trying on everything and anything. LOL Its funny my surgeon said the biggest difference he notices in people as they get closer to their goal is color. He said he watches the navys, blacks and grays turn into bright colored fitted clothing. He said its fabulous to watch the transformation.

Looking in my closet now... I will say he is right... I have lime green capris for goodness sakes. LOL

It has to start somewhere. 2 years ago in the begininning of October I was interviewing Drs... shleping into their office with my 77 inch hips stuffed in my sized 2-3x shirts and 4x skirts... today I am buying small shirts and sized medium or 10 pants and skirts feeling like I own the world! You can do this!

Floridays

Wow! What an exciting post. I loved reading them and could feel your excitement! I could relate to wearing black, in fact, right before my surgery my husband said to me "how could you only wear black now" you used to wear other colors. He's not overweight and never has been so he cant relate. Congratulations!

It is an amazing feeling. I know you will have a ball like I am trying on everything and anything. LOL Its funny my surgeon said the biggest difference he notices in people as they get closer to their goal is color. He said he watches the navys' date=' blacks and grays turn into bright colored fitted clothing. He said its fabulous to watch the transformation.

Looking in my closet now... I will say he is right... I have lime green capris for goodness sakes. LOL[/quote']

If I could find it in a 24 I had it. I've always loved color. Never was ashamed of my weight. Ive always said I love my fat. It's even all over. I think my height has a lot to do with it. Luckily for me I lose it all over and not in one spot also. I laughed to myself when I saw a spandex type dress on a manikin. Hmm would I try that? Lol I get a lot of attention now oh boy am I going to be able to handle to new crowd. Lol.

Floridays

Wow! What an exciting post. I loved reading them and could feel your excitement! I could relate to wearing black, in fact, right before my surgery my husband said to me "how could you only wear black now" you used to wear other colors. He's not overweight and never has been so he cant relate. Congratulations!

And congrats on your loss! You are almost there. :)

If I could find it in a 24 I had it. I've always loved color. Never was ashamed of my weight. Ive always said I love my fat. It's even all over. I think my height has a lot to do with it. Luckily for me I lose it all over and not in one spot also. I laughed to myself when I saw a spandex type dress on a manikin. Hmm would I try that? Lol I get a lot of attention now oh boy am I going to be able to handle to new crowd. Lol.

My height too hid alot of sins. LOL I am 5'9 so my weight... while I carried low... was pretty even as well. I lost from the top down... Got to love gravity. LOL

Hang in there. We are all cheering for you!!

Floridays you got me to look in my closet. I also had elastic everything and now my 14s all have zippers & buttons. Elastic has lost me too. Love it! Congrats to you & thanks for shedding the light for me.

My height too hid alot of sins. LOL I am 5'9 so my weight... while I carried low... was pretty even as well. I lost from the top down... Got to love gravity. LOL

Lol I'm 6'1 so 345 looked different on me. Crazy thing is, I have no idea how I will look skinner. I've been overweight my whole life. I can only looked at kid pics and see when I was in the teen sizes. I'm excited to meet that lady that has been covered with this blubber. I've already started a bucket list so to say. I'm afraid of heights. I have 12 feet ceiling and had a hard time standing on a three step step stool to change the light bulbs. When I slim down I want to go sky diving. I will be attached to someone of course. Being skinner I feel safer to be under one parachute. I also want to go key skiing. I was afraid to try it on my own. But wondered if me and someone else on it would it stay up. Lol. Ohh the thoughts that run through a fat girl's mind.