Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gagging/pressure Sensation - 3 Days Post-Op

I keep feeling this gagging, pressure sensation. Kind of feels like I need to burp of vomit, but it's deeper than that. I notice it more if I am laying back and I drink.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, and I am not wanting to go and drink or anything....lol...but how long until I can have like a small glass of wine again? There is a wedding I am going to on October 6th and didn't want to be completely obvious that I had something done.

(I'm not ashamed of my surgery, I just have not shared it with EVERYONE yet)

I would recommend sitting up to eat and drink. You are probably still swollen and having your band upright as things are passing through may help. You also may be experiencing some of te gas pressure from the gas they put in your abdomen. Try putting a heating pad on your back.

My doctor said that I could have alcohol two days after I stopped the pain meds. His only concern is the empty calories and that you will be more intoxicated with less because you arent eating much so be careful

I was told no alcohol for 6 months. I am 6 days post op and that feeling you have might be the need to burp.....I have been burping like mad (my family won't take me out and my 10yr old nephew would be proud). I usually let off big ones when I go from sitting to standing or right after eating/drinking.

I was swollen and felt exactly that way I even gagged a couple of times which was concerning but all of a sudden it just went away. Wine after no meds but you will feel it much faster .

I keep feeling this gagging' date=' pressure sensation. Kind of feels like I need to burp of vomit, but it's deeper than that. I notice it more if I am laying back and I drink.

Also, and I am not wanting to go and drink or anything....lol...but how long until I can have like a small glass of wine again? There is a wedding I am going to on October 6th and didn't want to be completely obvious that I had something done.

(I'm not ashamed of my surgery, I just have not shared it with EVERYONE yet)[/quote']

We are twins!!! I was banded on the 20th... My pain

I keep feeling this gagging' date=' pressure sensation. Kind of feels like I need to burp of vomit, but it's deeper than that. I notice it more if I am laying back and I drink.

(I'm not ashamed of my surgery, I just have not shared it with EVERYONE yet)[/quote']

We are twins... I was banded on Thursday!!! The only pain I'm feeling is in my shoulders... Gas!!! I'm constantly "sipping" Water, apple juice, broth... I can't wait to have a glass of wine, maybe for Thanksgiving ;-)

Let me know how you feel after having a glass

i was told 30 days. it is not recommended to combine alcohol with pain meds. i have mixed pain meds with alcohol nothing happened. but its bad on the liver

I was just banded on Thursday too... I've been feeling like I have to burp which I was told is normal. I haven't been able to eat much, not by lack of trying but I'm just too full to do it. Anyone have any advice? Also, I'm curious when I will begin to feel more like myself as right now my port sight is sore and it's hard to move. Advice is welcome :)

I had the same pressure, I just felt like I needed to burp but I couldn't, it lasted for a couple of weeks then it eased up, take you some gas x it may help, and I did have some alcohol bout a month later, I was told not to but only because of the calories, at the time I wasn't taking any pain meds.

I was just banded on Thursday too... I've been feeling like I have to burp which I was told is normal. I haven't been able to eat much, not by lack of trying but I'm just too full to do it. Anyone have any advice? Also, I'm curious when I will begin to feel more like myself as right now my port sight is sore and it's hard to move. Advice is welcome :)

I am burping like a monster. Not sure how long that would last. I was banded on Monday and I have not been able to eat much and am nowhere near 70g of Protein. I called my surgeons office and they said not to eat if you are not hungry, do what you can. Protein shakes are good to get nutrition in. I am 6 days out and do yogurt in the morning 3oz, shake in the afternoon, probably 5oz and Soup at night 5oz. That is about all that is going in, lots of Water and drinks. Yesterday I finally felt hungry, patience.......good luck on your recovery.

My orders say I can't start yogurt or purees until week 3. I think next week (Week 2) I can start Soups, etc.

I am doing really good with my Protein Shakes (Well, slim fast) each day but that's about it. I feel SO full fromt hem.