Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had My Surgery Today And I Feel Blessed Beyond Measure!!!

Yes we sound the same! People have lived on far less. And I'm not dropping lbs a day so I think my body knows something is going on. So nice not to be fighting hunger isn't it? To go all day and not think about food constantly. What an unbelievable gift. TOnight I'm having a glass of wine or two. Probably not medically allowed but it's liquid at least :) Oh and I have eaten a bit of food. I know not allowed. I had a 1/4 cup of overcooked noodles that I at one noodle at a time and a few bites of chili. I also had a spoonful of PB and some melt away baby puff type snack. My stomach didn't seem to mind. But I'm trying not to do that too much. My savior has been Frozen Greek Yogurt by healthy choice. Perfect serving size. 5G Protein 100 cals and AMAZING.

I couldn't even think of eating, I would lick a hamburger if it was in front of me, maybe chew it and spit it out. I have to really follow the post op plan, to prove that I can do it and because after my post op, I go home (I am at my mom's) which is 6hrs away from my clinic, and I can't imagine having problems being 6hrs away.

Your body is in starvation mode and is holding onto everything, it is not burning fat right now and I doubt we are losing much. Once we start eating more, better, weight loss will come.

Stacytt, I feel same way. I had my surgery the 19th. I burn when I stand up at the biggest incision site. I can only drink 3oz of ptotein shake at a time. Cant tell if im hurting cause im full or what. No bm yet either.

Stacytt, I feel same way. I had my surgery the 19th. I burn when I stand up at the biggest incision site. I can only drink 3oz of ptotein shake at a time. Cant tell if im hurting cause im full or what. No bm yet either.

I got banded yesterday and I am in so much pain. I didn't think it was going to be this bad. Hurts to get up and down. I was told to walk but it hasn't really gotten the gas moving and I tried taking the gas x and that also isn't moving it. I need some positive feedback because now I'm feeling like maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

I got banded yesterday and I am in so much pain. I didn't think it was going to be this bad. Hurts to get up and down. I was told to walk but it hasn't really gotten the gas moving and I tried taking the gas x and that also isn't moving it. I need some positive feedback because now I'm feeling like maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Go look in the mirror and think of yourself at your goal weight. Than should make u feel you made the right choice.

Banded on the 17th only on of my incisions are still really tender. Its more of a sort muscle feeling so I even forget to take pain meds.

The gas hurts worse then the surgery. Today that I chewed gum which some doc have said not to do I've burped and pooted the most. I tried gas x strips and it didn't do anything. I went walking around outside and it did help.

I can already see from your posts that u will ne my crutch! I might need your number to text u!

Go look in the mirror and think of yourself at your goal weight. Than should make u feel you made the right choice.

Banded on the 17th only on of my incisions are still really tender. Its more of a sort muscle feeling so I even forget to take pain meds.

The gas hurts worse then the surgery. Today that I chewed gum which some doc have said not to do I've burped and pooted the most. I tried gas x strips and it didn't do anything. I went walking around outside and it did help.

Thank you so much. I'm now on my 5th day post op and feeling better and better thankfully I think just reading some of the things on here are discouraging and were worrying me that something was wrong but I know that my body just went through serious surgery and it needs to heal!

Thank you so much. I'm now on my 5th day post op and feeling better and better thankfully I think just reading some of the things on here are discouraging and were worrying me that something was wrong but I know that my body just went through serious surgery and it needs to heal!

You have to truly listen to your body. Everyone is different. Some on 4 weeks liquids some on 1. I would think it has to do with age and how healthy the body is like if person smoked or drinks kinda determines how fast body bounces back. I went back to work today. Lift 30lb box after 8th day of post op. I was exhausted though from my short work day. So I know I'm not 100%. Hang in there. Flip through a magazine pick out something u want to buy. Don't give up!!