Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had My Surgery Today And I Feel Blessed Beyond Measure!!!

Good Afternoon,

I got my band today!!! I went in at 7:00am, and I was home by 2:00pm, I dropped off my prescriptions on the way home and I just woke up from a nap... I feel great, the only pain I have is coming from my left shoulder... Gas. Other than that I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life... It's not bothering me the I'm going to be on liquids for another couple of weeks, my goal is weightloss... I'm working with my band, I'm not going to cheat myself... I paid for the surgery out of my own pocket, I'm determined to do what I need to do to become the best/healthiest me... I've read so many post on LBT, I've learned so much my doctor was amazed at the questions I had for him this morning... The band is a tool, and I'm going to use it to the fullest :-)

#SeptemberBandster

You are an inspiration! I have an appt with the surgeon tomorrow am to get my DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited!

Congratulations, I am 3 days post op and feel really great, lucky enough not to get any pains.......keep it up, take it easy and sip that Water.< /p>

Congratulations! Of course you're going to make it!!! You have got your head in the game. Get some rest!

wow love all the POSITIVE in your post !!!

Banded 9-14, everyday I think that I feel a little better then by night time I think I've over did it for the day. I feel confused about weather I'm aching b/c I'm sore or hungry or too full!! I just don't know. I only eat 2-3 oz of broth or Jello or pudding at a time, 30-60 min later I try to sip on something to drink but I just can't get much down. I worry about dehydrating, not getting enough Protein etc. Does anyone else feel this way?

Banded 9-14, everyday I think that I feel a little better then by night time I think I've over did it for the day. I feel confused about weather I'm aching b/c I'm sore or hungry or too full!! I just don't know. I only eat 2-3 oz of broth or Jello or pudding at a time, 30-60 min later I try to sip on something to drink but I just can't get much down. I worry about dehydrating, not getting enough Protein etc. Does anyone else feel this way?

Haha...my surgery date is in 26 days :rolleyes:

Stacytt, I have the same problem with eating, I was banded on Monday. Spoke to my surgeons office today as I am having issues with the Protein, drinks, powder, anything I am trying to eat that is a 'protein' suppliment. She told me not to worry, I can go back to my Optifast if I want, to not eat if I am full, make sure I drink and don't freak out. Try to eat things that have natural protein, add cottage cheese (blenderized) to Soups, try a bit of Protein Powder in Water and I should be fine.

Good Afternoon' date='

I got my band today!!! I went in at 7:00am, and I was home by 2:00pm, I dropped off my prescriptions on the way home and I just woke up from a nap... I feel great, the only pain I have is coming from my left shoulder... Gas. Other than that I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life... It's not bothering me the I'm going to be on liquids for another couple of weeks, my goal is weightloss... I'm working with my band, I'm not going to cheat myself... I paid for the surgery out of my own pocket, I'm determined to do what I need to do to become the best/healthiest me... I've read so many post on LBT, I've learned so much my doctor was amazed at the questions I had for him this morning... The band is a tool, and I'm going to use it to the fullest :-)

#SeptemberBandster[/quote']

Congrats and good luck. The gas pain will be gone shortly.

Wow awesome I'm hoping to feel that way on my 1st day!, I'm into day 8 of my liquid pre op diet and I feel great all Water weight bloat gone, down 13lbs. Counting the days until my surgery ;) good luck everyone with yours!

I was Banded the 14th. Barely any gas. Only pain now is port pain when I move alot. I'm down 20 lbs from start of liquid. Only gettting in 500 calories a day. Not drinking enough but have no desire. Trying though :) 50 more LB's to go! Not long now! wAY TO GO EVERYONE.

Ok here is a question. I didn't hardly drink much before the surgery. So if I'm hardly ingesting any salt. And drinking the same Fluid amount. How is it I could dehydrate. Just wondering.

I was Banded the 14th. Barely any gas. Only pain now is port pain when I move alot. I'm down 20 lbs from start of liquid. Only gettting in 500 calories a day. Not drinking enough but have no desire. Trying though :) 50 more LB's to go! Not long now! wAY TO GO EVERYONE.

I am in the exact same boat as you. Haven't stepped on a scale yet, will wait til my post op appt. I am 4 days post and zero pain, no gas, I could have gone back to work yesterday. I am maybe putting in 300 calories/day and maybe 15g Protein. I was concerned called my patient care coordinator and she told me not to worry, if I am not hungry, don't eat, gave me some ideas to up my Protein without powder or the pre fab protein booster foods/drinks. I have even gone back to trying 1 Optifast /day, just to get some nutritional value - who would have thought after 2 weeks on only opti, i would be sooo happy to be mixing that up again today. I am trying to sip all day, but by 7pm and FULL and will not make myself sick by being overful!!! Clinic is okay with that. Good luck to you.

Yes we sound the same! People have lived on far less. And I'm not dropping lbs a day so I think my body knows something is going on. So nice not to be fighting hunger isn't it? To go all day and not think about food constantly. What an unbelievable gift. TOnight I'm having a glass of wine or two. Probably not medically allowed but it's liquid at least :) Oh and I have eaten a bit of food. I know not allowed. I had a 1/4 cup of overcooked noodles that I at one noodle at a time and a few bites of chili. I also had a spoonful of PB and some melt away baby puff type snack. My stomach didn't seem to mind. But I'm trying not to do that too much. My savior has been Frozen Greek Yogurt by healthy choice. Perfect serving size. 5G Protein 100 cals and AMAZING.