Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know there are many food threads here, but I am still trying to make this realistic. I will tell you guys what I can eat now and for each item please tell me what I should be able to eat later. If anyone else whAt'a to post their own Now & Laters, please do.

Now

KFC - 5 peices (one of each part and then an extra!)

BK- Double whopper w/cheese supersized meal

Subway-Footlong sub meal deal

Pizza- half of a large

Rotisserie Chicken- half (on Atkins induction I could eat the whole thing)

Ramen noodles- two packs

Mcdonalds- 9 peice chicken nuggets Biggie size meal

Breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs, 4 pancakes

uh.... that seems like a lot. i can tell you, i was banded on 3/3/06 and am not filled yet. there is some restriction but not a whole lot.... i couldn't come close to eating that much. your stoma will not let you..... you might want to start replacing some of that food with protien drinks. if you try after being banded, you will hurt! Trust me, that is experience. Best of luck!

Let's see, to be realistic about what I can eat after being banded and at 2.2cc of a 4.0cc band....just talking about the foods you have listed:

chicken strips/pieces/boneless wings: 1 - 2 medium pieces, diced up

Hamburger: about 1/3rd with nothing more than bun, single patty, 1 slice cheese, and maybe some lettuce...can be almost impossible to eat with the bun

Subway: about 1/3rd and maybe a few chips/pretzels....only attempted once

Pizza: 1 - 1.5 medium slice thin crust - pepperoni & mushroom - tried only twice since being banded

Baked chicken: 2 - 3 oz

Ramen noodles - forget it, too much sodium and Pasta can be tough to eat

Breakfast: equivalent to 1 egg, no pancakes, perhaps a piece or two of bacon - mostly Protein shakes (6 - 8 oz)

I have more or less just given up on eating any fast food and it is really better that way for me. What works well for me: chicken, fajita beef, shrimp, fish, salad, cheese, nachos, some corn based chips & pretzels, and nuts. Just be prepared that it is going to take more thought and mental processing to select your food and ordering half orders really helps take away some of the overwhelming food quantity at restaurants.

Best of luck!

Now

KFC - Have not eat this and probably won't

BK- Have not eaten any fast food

Subway-Couldn't even think about all that bread

Pizza- Not since being banded

Rotisserie Chicken- I can't eat chicken. To dry

Ramen noodles- No

Mcdonalds- No fast food for the bandster

Breakfast- 1 scrambled egg. no pancakes

I have discovered that I can eat half of a turkey breast wrap at Subway...wouldn't try the bread, but thought I'd try the tortilla, and as long as I chewed really well, it went down fine. Other than that, I haven't eaten fast food since banding and don't eat Ramen noodles at all.

Its an individual thing and will change with fills, but there's nothing on that list that should be a regular part of a healthy diet. Those are all just very very occasional treat foods, loaded with fat, salt and other nasties.

You'd need to be thinking about changing what you eat as well as how much.

I was mentioning today at our Dallas meeting about how some of us get banded, lose weight, and forget how we got to be overweight in the first place. I'm trying not to become judgmental of what others eat because I am honest with myself and let myself remember that I didn't get fat eating 500 carrot sticks a day, I got fat eating at McDonald's twice a day.

I know how it feels now to hear someone talking about eating fast food or a huge meal, but acting repulsed and being patronizing helps no one. And I'm sure that I'm not the only person who tried eating McDonald's after restriction and had to learn the hard way that wholesome foods work better with the band.

And please don't forget how bad it used to feel to have skinny people preach to us about the crap we were putting in our mouths. I certainly didn't go through surgery to become one of those people, but it's amazing how quickly we lose sight of our own past weaknesses when we are given an opportunity to judge.

Oh these were examples to show you how ferocious my appitite is NOW (pre-banded) I do not plan on eating the fast food items. I just wanted examples. Like if I can eat 10 nuggets now, with prper restriction how many do you guestimate I can eat...1? 5?

I have no problem eating healthy. My problem is p[ortion control and if I am not full and healthy items are unavailable then LOOK OUT! I actually think the band is ideal for me. I fantasise about eating small healthful foods. I am disgusted with stuffing my body with junk.

This is why I asked others to post their now and laters. I just want an idea. Lemme try this again using healthful bandster choices.

Now

4 deviled eggs

1/2 grilled chicken

huge greek salad

pint sugar free icecream (one sitting)

Being a Double Agent for the Geek Squad, and being on the road ALL day EVERY day; I often have 3 choices

1) Don't have lunch (happens a lot, but I'm not that upset, I have a good Breakfast, and a good dinner and it's helping make up for my lack of walking - lol, I know .... it's still not a good plan.

2) Stop for lunch. Usually don't have a lot of time to go somewhere nice, and not being able to eat much I've already made the mistake of Ruby Tuesday's salad bar and an Iced Tea for $12 (with tip) and only eating one plate! So it's usually Wendy's for a Jr Bacon Cheeseburger plain {I only eat the bacon cheese and hamburger, no Buns for me); or small chilli; or 5 piece chicken nuggets (which'll take me about 2 hours to eat!!

3)Bring stuff along ... I usually carry beef Jerky, cheese crackers, Water, rice cakes, peanut tubes (or other nuts) or any combination of all of the above.

One of these days I should post a picture of a "Bandster's/Geek Squad average potential food supply rations lmao. As well as what I actually go through some days.

So have you seen me on the road? Eating my slim jim, with my laptop in the passenger seat? and expired temp tags????

KFC - I don't eat fried chicken anymore unless I pick off the breading and then it's only the meat of 1 piece, I love their mashed potatoes and coleslaw

BK- don't usually eat BK, BUT once I ate a Jr. Whopper with the bottom bun removed. Had a couple of onion rings with it. (guilty)

Subway-about half of a 6" sub. If I'm doing good, I might be able to eat 2/3. No chips or anything with it

Pizza- 1, MAYBE a small 2nd piece of hand-tossed crust. If I don't think I can handle the 2nd, I'll just pick the toppings off.

Rotisserie Chicken- again, chicken I do not eat the skin I'll have about 2-3 oz of the breast.

Ramen noodles- YUCK! don't eat them, don't want to. Too much starch and sodium

Mcdonalds- hamburger with bottom bun removed with fruit and yogurt parfait. I have snarfed a couple fries from my kids, but I definately can't eat the whole pack.

Breakfast- 1 egg with toast OR a light yogurt with 1/4 cup cheerios. If I eat pancakes, it's only about 1, 4" pancake. Any larger I can't eat the whole thing-It's gotta have lots of Syrup.< /p>

BTW-Believe me, your band will tell you when you've had enough. Large amounts of food will mean NOTHING to you afterwards. I am a recovering "clean your plate" syndrome victim. There comes a point where, when you're full, you're full and if you eat anymore you'll have pain, you'll see it again, or both.

Good Luck

Then:

Breakfast: Nothing, or two bowls of Cereal

Lunch: 2 tacos and a nacho from Taco Bell, with a medium Dt. Coke

Snack: bag of chips

Snack: sundae from McDonalds

Dinner: 1/2 box of Lasagna Hamberger Helper

Snack: huge bowl of ice cream

Snack: bowl of Cereal

Snack: chips and dip

Now:

Breakfast: bowl of high Protein, high Fiber oatmeal

Snack: piece of string cheese

Lunch: 1/2 a chicken breast with 1/2 small salad

Snack: Yogurt

Dinner: 6 shrimp, a few bites of Pasta, 1/2 small salad

Snack: rarely have one, but maybe a cookie or just a glass of milk

Hope this helps!

Megan

I know there are many food threads here, but I am still trying to make this realistic. I will tell you guys what I can eat now and for each item please tell me what I should be able to eat later. If anyone else whAt'a to post their own Now & Laters, please do.

Now

KFC - 5 peices (one of each part and then an extra!) A chicken wing

BK- Double whopper w/cheese supersized meal No fries, inside of hamburger only (single meat w/no cheese).

Subway-Footlong sub meal deal No bread, probably a cup of the insides

Pizza- half of a large Maybe a 1/2 piece or 1 small piece

Rotisserie Chicken- half Chicken wing, or 1/2 of breast (no skin)

Ramen noodles- two packs 1 pack

Mcdonalds- 9 peice chicken nuggets Biggie size meal 1 nugget, maybe 2

Breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs, 4 pancakes

1 egg

Most folks fluctuate on what they can or cannot eat post band. Depends on size of fill, time of day, time of month. This is where I am now.

Shawn

I do read on here many are still eating fast food. What you listed does seem like a lot of food. :) I will be banded on Friday and my plan is to cut out ALL fast food. In fact our once a week dinner out is going to be cut to once a month or less. This is not only for my own health, but my kids too. We began eating way too much junk in our home when my husband deployed. It was a way of filing in the loneliness of him being gone. Well, since he has gone (and I had a baby in Nov) I have actually gained 10 lbs. This cycle had to stop. So, in order to show my kids how to make healthy food choices I have to make them as well. I no longer buy chips and Cookies. I buy fruit, veggies, and they love cheese and crackers. :) So, in my opinion fast food has to be something that is omitted from our diets once banded. :)

I'm just in my 4th weekpost-op so I still have some food restrictions, and still have not gotten back my appetite, but here's what I might eat instead of your foods:

KFC - 5 peices (one of each part and then an extra!) - 1 or 2 baked or grilled chicken tenderloin pieces w/ fat free sauce.

BK- Double whopper w/cheese supersized meal - Not eating red meat, sorry.

Subway-Footlong sub meal deal - Meat from a 6" tuna sub.

Pizza- half of a large - Few slices of turkey pepperoni and string cheese (mozzarella), maybe dip pepperoni in a bit of sugar free/low carb pizza sauze.

Rotisserie Chicken- half (on Atkins induction I could eat the whole thing) - About 1/3 C rotisserie chicken, blotted dry w/ paper towels.

Ramen noodles- two packs - I'm avoiding pastas so I'm not sure I have something comparable for this one.

Mcdonalds- 9 peice Chicken nuggets Biggie size meal - I'm not allowing fast food in my diet, sorry - no comparison meal.

Breakfast- 4 scrambled eggs, 4 pancakes - 1 egg over easy cooked w/ nonfat butter substitute.

Jack's approach sits well with me too. I could eat 4 devilled eggs in a sitting if I cared to, but I'd find that one or two satisfied me.

The meals i eat now are not so small that people would notice anything about what I"m eating, for dinner I might eat a 120g piece of steak, half a potato and a big scoop of tossed salad. I'd eat about the same amount of chicken, I'd probably take off half the breast and eat that, about a cassette tape sized portion. I couldnt eat half a chicken in a sitting. I eat a regular sized bowl of cereal in the morning, probably about a cup. I can eat a sandwich at lunchtime followed by a piece of fruit.

Its all good, its working, I'm losing, but I'm prepared to exercise a fair bit in order to keep it working since I like the level of restriction I have - I can still eat normal amounts (just not overeat) and I can eat anything within reason.