Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Really Miss

I guess we're all just different. The past year eating a mcgriddle and maybe more has become so habit, that it's hard to tear away from. I literally have to beat myself up NOT to go there. If you could hear the internal dialogue you'd laugh. I haven't seen the supersize me, and maybe I should. But at least for me, not unlike a dope addict, I have to say no, not even one, because it is never just one, or one day. I have to stay strong. Everyone is different though, and if that's not your weakness, then more power to you. Moderation is the key for everything. Some of us, like an alcoholic, or drug addict can't moderate some things, and have to just take it off the table. Me, I can refuse cake any day of the week, but a Breakfast taco, with cheese, or mcgriddle, never, and make mine two please. I think we just all have to find our own middle ground and know our own limitations.

the last 2 times i hit Mc'd's was when i had my last 2 fills!!! haha i had the yogurt! 2 of them and they were quite tasty! you can also have anything in moderation.

for me, i am TOTALLY allowed fast food ( i havent had any except the mc'ds yogurts THIS year) all the criteria HAS to be met:

_ dont have time for a sit down place

_ STARVING or wont be eating for a long time

...i guess thats the criteria...so it doesnt happen often but when it does i get what i want and just toss the rest! i may have a lot of leftovers but i atleast got to taste what i wanted.

i had taco bell though in Nov. on vacation and Hardees in july after a night of drinking to much at a wedding. why does grease cure a hangover?

the breakfast item i crave is a egg mcmuffin....its been well over a year since i had one!

the thing i struggle with is chocolate :angry i could eat an ENTIRE big bag of kisses RIGHT NOW (or any given moment) i just dont buy chocolate except when i am REALLY wanting it (once a month for 5-7 days haha) and i buy 1 candy bar at a time. any more and i would eat it all.

I think it's funny everyone is mentioning those damn McGriddles. They are so good because they are the absolute HIGHEST calorie, most fattening item on the breakfast menu. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I am a nurse and work in a HOSPITAL of all places that has a McDonalds on the ground floor next to the cafeteria (way to promote healthy eating huh?) As a manager, I would work long hard hours and sometimes eat up to 3 meals a day at McDonalds. Not only that, but before my surgery I was actually binging on eating 2 McGriddles in the morning. There I said it......about a week ago (7 months out from surgery) I had this overwhelming craving for a McGriddle. I am a bandster that can only eat about 4-5 bites of food at a setting. I thought to myself "Oh it will only be a bite or two, so it will be okay." Of course that day for whatever reason, my band was looser than normal, and I was able to eat all but about 2 bites of the damn thing. Didn't even taste good, and I felt like complete S..t after eating it. I didn't PB, but just felt gross/greasy/nauseated all day. It was actually good reinforcement to never eat one again. Damn McGriddles, I swear they are laced with some addictive drug!!

The main thing I have trouble with is feeling full but not being ready in my head to stop eating. Like having gone to the trouble to cook something nice, have 4 bites and be full my head is still thinking "hey! You're not done yet surely?".

If I crave something like McDonalds I just have it. This isnt a diet, its an entire new way of life and to me, junk food fits right in there in very small quantities. McDonalds is most definitely not an everyday or even everyweek food.< /p>

I loathe their breakfast food though. Ever since I was pregnant with Eliza when I ate a sausage and egg McMuffin every day for the first three months (and I gained no weight during that pregnancy) I havent ever been back for breakfast.

Hey guys thanks for all the support.

I have desided to stear clear of it all together. My band is odd. One day it likes me and the next day it doesn't. So if I get away with eatting pancakes today, doesnt mean I can do it tomorrow. Soooooo I am just going to avoid them all together...and just suck down another Protein Shake. I am a little over half way filled and I just dont want to chance getting stuck. Being stuck hurts...and the slimes and BP's are just not worth a sucky 3.00 breakfast....I will just avoid it at all costs.

Thanks for joining me in my memories of McDonalds

I'd like to have a mcgriddle for Breakfast - a happy meal for lunch and a big mac value meal for dinner and not gain weight.

I'm waiting for the day that McDonalds can make all that stuff calorie free... (I know - I know - don't lecture me - I know it's not good for you)

Some people like country food, some like french food, some like italian! Me I like junk food! - I feel like I'm in AA now - Hello my name is Christine and I'm addicted to McDonalds.

With all the science in the world damnit if they couldn't even some good tasting low calories, healthy junk food!

wow, im having flashbacks! I loved the bacon egg & cheese biscuit and the double cheeseburgers. I found my self at the drive through many occasions eating 2 helpings. Boy did I have a problem. Then I would pay for it with the terrible heartburn pains and say NEVER AGAIN. Im a month out today and I still have those cravings and would I consider having a bite...yes, but I could never eat a whole one, and Im not even had a fill yet. Maybe thats bad, but I think im really in control. So far so good!

Doll, it's time to trade up. I think that what you are craving is an experience that makes you feel good. The trip to MacD's is an enjoyable experience for you and part of the experience is the food. Find a replacement experience and make it better, "Trade Up".

I have included food in the special occasions of my life, whether it is a large family dinner or a vacation that includes plenty of meals in Restaurants. We often associate the great feeling with the food and forget that it come from the total experience. Removing the food and adding something else can often provide the required feeling of satisfaction.

I love to travel and in the past stopping to eat was a big part of what made the experiences special. As an example in Canada breakfast menus do not include Biscuits with Sausage gravy or corned beef hash. One of my favorite places to visit in the world is the Outer Banks of North Carolina and during my many visits there I would have one of these items as part of my breakfast every day. A couple of years ago I decided to trade up and now in the morning I get up pick up a big cup of coffee from Tommy’s in Duck and go for a morning walk on the beach. It is an incredible experience and it is more enjoyable than the Biscuits and Gravy. It is much easier to give up when we trade up.

The thought of the Gravy sort of grosses me out now J

I used to care for a little 5 year old who loved to sleep till noon. I'd make a special effort to crawl into bed and watch movies before 8 p.m. to make her drowsy enough to fall asleep. Then I'd scoop her and the blankies up in my arms at 6:00 a.m. and take her in the back yard so we could watch the sun come up together. Since her mom always let her sleep, I'm the first person who introduced her to the morning sunrise, which she fell madly in love with. That became our morning ritual every time she spent the night, and after the sun, we'd walk the dogs to the park.

Maybe it's not the McDonald's you're missing as much as the ritual. You can start a new ritual by feeding ducks in a local park or driving somewhere to have coffee and watch people or read the paper somewhere private. Tradition and rituals don't always have to involve food.

Everybody loved the McGriddles, but I have heard no mention of the Wonderful Sausage Egg McMuffin. I would get 2 McMuffins and 2 hashbrowns - I was in total heaven. :hungry:

I have only been a bander for 9 days, but I can't think of anything I would trade for a big-old Sausage Egg McMuffin. Maybe one of those Protein shake - Yummy :faint:

I can't think of anything I would trade for a big-old Sausage Egg McMuffin.

How about a long healthy life?

Over 50% of those calories are from fat. Great way to stop your heart.

If you aren't willing to trade them in, you might just end up giving up your life for them. *winks*

By the way, two sausage egg mcmuffins and hash browns add up to this:

1,030 calories

64 grams of fat (22 of which are saturated fats)

72 grams of carbs

Sometimes it pays to look at the facts, not just the emotions.

My addiction was sausage egg bicuits. I traded up for -50 pounds and smaller jeans. I traded up for getting on the floor with my grandson to play. I traded up for life. (Thanks Tommy.. as always, you rock!)

EEEWE BIG PAUL~~~~~ Thanks for reminding me......DAMN what was I thinking getting outta the gutter....Now, how many things to do with Syrup and Alone Time....hummmm I may have to think hard on that...now if the gutter only had some play mates. :D

Tommy O...I think your right. It is the feeling. I like coffee in the morning so maybe I can go for a cup o joe instead. I like summer mornings...all though the sun shine kills me...:) That warm moist feeling in the air....aaaa Maybe I just have the winter blues and Im craving SUNLIGHT AAAAAAA IM MELTING!!!!

Okay, it’s time for me to get way to philosophical and internal. This thread has reminded me of how important it is to have special moments that don't include food, if for no other reason than to make me aware that there are a lot of other things that bring me joy. I am now going to share with all of you one such experience.

It’s a late September morning and I have traveled to the Outer Banks of North Carolina with my Family. At about 8:15 in the morning I have just returned from a short walk to Tommy's Market in Duck, were I picked up a newspaper and a Couple of large coffees. I would have gotten up earlier but Tommy's doesn't open until 8:00 am, I am sitting on the deck of a cute little ocean front cottage staring at the sea as the wind blows on my face. The very same wind that made the waves that gently crashed onto the shore all night long. The sound of those waves gave me such a sound sleep, a sleep like I haven't enjoyed since childhood.

It's going to be a beautiful day but the morning air is cool as it blows in from the sea. I can't help but stare at the vast ocean with a twinge of inner sadness triggered by the sea’s power and mystery. The sea has always drawn me to it, as much by its beauty as by the secrets it holds about our beginnings. I don’t even consider reading the newspaper, there will be plenty of time to review the issues of the world later. Soon my wife will awaken and wrap herself in a blanket before she heads out to snuggle up beside me on the deck. She will smile at me as she takes her coffee then gets comfortable underneath my arm, her head on my chest. She will ask me how I slept and I will tell her of my incredible child like sleep the night before but that’s all the words that we will speak for a few moments. We normally are talkers but this is not the time for talk, she knows how much I love these moments staring at the ocean, so the silence will remain as we sip our coffee’s and wait for the kids to awaken and explode into our day.

No biscuits anywhere in site