Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try These! 42 Grams Of Protein In 3.8 Oz!!

I found these at Wal-Mart. I found several different flavors. These actually taste pretty good and you get 42 grams of Protein with each one. Has anyone else tried these? post-209374-13813134332322_thumb.jpg

post-343111-13813140335815_thumb.jpg

I think I might try this. its a shot right? I can't drink Protein it gives me horribel acid reflux, but if its a shot, I just maybe able to get away with it.

Thanks for sharing :)

my dr says you can't absorb more than 25 g of Protein in a meal, so just be careful to still have enough protein outside of this drink. also is it whey isolate protein? cause that makes a difference (according to my nutritionist). Good find though.

Where was this by the pharmacy?

I found these at Wal-Mart. I found several different flavors. These actually taste pretty good and you get 42 grams of Protein with each one. Has anyone else tried these? post-343111-13813140335815_thumb.jpg

yes i have some in the fridge at my home and at work.......hub got me those when i was on pre and post ops. had a few but the taste was (difficult). prefer the extreme whey from Walmart and drink one every morning (and sometimes in the evening because they taste just like chocolate milk)

Where was this by the pharmacy?

Its at walmart..you can purchase it right on their site.... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Body-Fortress-Super-Whey-Protein-Shot-Fruit-Punch-17.4oz/13274526

My favorite is Premier Protein - 30g per shake and they taste really good. I have one every morning and my husband and teenagers drink them for Breakfast as they head out the door. You can get them at costco. Only come in chocolate & vanilla.

4.jpg

yes i have some in the fridge at my home and at work.......hub got me those when i was on pre and post ops. had a few but the taste was (difficult). prefer the extreme whey from Walmart and drink one every morning (and sometimes in the evening because they taste just like chocolate milk)

Do you know how many calories the extreme whey drinks have? I would love to find something I could "stomach".

Do you know how many calories the extreme whey drinks have? I would love to find something I could "stomach".

gosh baby girl, i dont know off the top of my head, will check at home to let you know (not much i am assuming as its powder)

yes this is complete isolate Protein, as far as not absorbing more than 25g at a time...I am not sure about that. I have a really hard time eating meat so this is probably going to be my saving grace.

Going to mu post op class on 9/26 for more nutrition info. I was told by a rnutritionist not to exceed Protein bevause it can turn into fat.

Yes, I have tried the orange flavored shots; add it to my orange juice every morning.

yes this is complete isolate protein' date=' as far as not absorbing more than 25g at a time...I am not sure about that. I have a really hard time eating meat so this is probably going to be my saving grace.[/quote']

The New whey Protein tubes are not completely whey Protein. It's a combination of three different types of protein, one of which is whey protein. My dr and nutritionist but concur that max protein absorption is no more than 24-25 grams at a time; the rest passes without benefit. I bought one of the New Whey tubes to try (grape) but haven't tried yet. Their website does say they were originally developed for bariatric patients. I thought about splitting it into 2 doses; that would give 21 gr protein in less than 100 calories!

I bought these but have yet to try one. I would only recommend using 1/2 the bottle at a time because the body can only absorb about 25g Protein at a time and the other is just flushed out.

Going to mu post op class on 9/26 for more nutrition info. I was told by a rnutritionist not to exceed Protein bevause it can turn into fat.

I have never hear this about Protein, carbohydrates for sure, but not protein...proteins are the building blocks of muscle. I will have to look into that.