Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question(Need Help)

I wasn't raining on anyones parade, I was just pointing out that loose skin is far more likely to be an issue than scars.

I have a belly button that frowns....boobs that sag and remind me of a tube sock with a tennis ball in them and barely fit into a B cup, upper thighs that jiggle and arms I could fly with. My tummy/hips measured 77" on the start of my journey. They are now 38". I have lost 208 lbs... I have 9 to go. I do not however have a trace of visable scarring. thankfully I also do not have a huge flap of skin hanging from my belly.

Between the weight loss and time.... its the peril I must live with as a thin person unless I get plastic surgery. I am 52 years old and I will wear a 2 piece bathing suit on vacation next month. Its a size small on the top and medium on the bottom. It is a push up top.... obviously. :) It is replacing the sized 3 or 4x I wore at the same resort 2 years ago. I wont look hard bodied but I will look presentable and thin and healthy! I will also be packing cute flirty skirts in a size 8/10, capris in bright colors paired with small tops and cardigans because as a thin person I now get chilled in air conditioning. Who knew?

Do I have a body of a thin 22 year old.....? Obviously not. Would I like one? You bet. Am I willing to go under the knife to get it? Maybe if time and money werent any object. At this point I am thinking about it for the boobs and tummy. But if I dont... they make padded push up bras and clothes to wear which if I dont say so myself I look fabulous in!

Basically my quippy reply is to tell you to focus on the positives. You can exercise all you want and use creams and potions.... but what will be will be. So Celebrate the journey and find happiness in the fact that your quality of life will improve!

Best of luck!

I have a belly button that frowns....boobs that sag and remind me of a tube sock with a tennis ball in them and barely fit into a B cup' date=' upper thighs that jiggle and arms I could fly with. My tummy/hips measured 77" on the start of my journey. They are now 38". I have lost 208 lbs... I have 9 to go. I do not however have a trace of visable scarring. thankfully I also do not have a huge flap of skin hanging from my belly.

Between the weight loss and time.... its the peril I must live with as a thin person unless I get plastic surgery. I am 52 years old and I will wear a 2 piece bathing suit on vacation next month. Its a size small on the top and medium on the bottom. It is a push up top.... obviously. :) It is replacing the sized 3 or 4x I wore at the same resort 2 years ago. I wont look hard bodied but I will look presentable and thin and healthy! I will also be packing cute flirty skirts in a size 8/10, capris in bright colors paired with small tops and cardigans because as a thin person I now get chilled in air conditioning. Who knew?

Do I have a body of a thin 22 year old.....? Obviously not. Would I like one? You bet. Am I willing to go under the knife to get it? Maybe if time and money werent any object. At this point I am thinking about it for the boobs and tummy. But if I dont... they make padded push up bras and clothes to wear which if I dont say so myself I look fabulous in!

Basically my quippy reply is to tell you to focus on the positives. You can exercise all you want and use creams and potions.... but what will be will be. So Celebrate the journey and find happiness in the fact that your quality of life will improve!

Best of luck![/quote']

I agree thank you

Some may make comments you don't want to hear, but their right their trying to prepare you. What the results is is another story though. You may have that flat tummy and we will all be jealous. Something that may or may not help. It depends on the person is Vitamin E get capsules puncture the and spread them on the scars, should help stretch marks as well. B4 people jump in saying it won't work. Remember it's a case by case basis. Some it does some it doesn't. I will keep my fingers crossed for your scar free flat tummy. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I wasn't raining on anyones parade' date=' I was just pointing out that loose skin is far more likely to be an issue than scars.[/quote']

I understand my post was more of a venting post because im tired of ppl's negativity you feel me. I understand you were just stating your opinion but ive been experiencing alot of negavitiy from different ppl.

Even though someones profile is in black and white some ppl on this site take it literal when they make there comments.

If you feel that other forum participants are posting negative comments in response to your posts...perhaps that's your perception. What did you believe that participating on a forum of individuals would be like?

Newer bandsters have much to learn, and more experienced bandsters only want to share their knowledge from their experiences. It's helpful to share best practices and encourage others. And through that, we all should remain grounded in the reality of what is.

That said, perhaps it is your interpretation of the post which is the issue. Elcee was only sharing her experiences with you...and in that area she has much insight to offer.

How can you look at profiles? I get on this through my app and it never asked for detail profile. I would like to set one up!

I found where you set your profile up at. Still learning about this site. Wish I would have done this 10 months ago, love the information that is available.

Thanks to Everyone that posted their comments!!! They help out!! Well I got alot to do b4 my trip... I'm young things like that sre gonna get to me but anyways after it all said in done and I've lost what I need to lose be out on the look for pics & with a flat stomach! Have a nice afternoon

well' date=' i will take the scars over being obese.

(scars fade over time. you may or may not see them).

and if you can or someone else can, who cares.

i am with you, lets get it pierced :)[/quote']

I'm down for whatever!!!

Like I said you don't see fat girls with belly rings so that's my goal is to get my stomach to the point where I cn get one and be happy to show it off

I have to agree with you and im tired of ppl trying to rain on my parade at least...as bad as this sounds you have ppl on here who have positive comments to say about what you post and then you have ppl who feel like they know everything and then post discouraging comments which is y i stopped posting on here because ppl read too much into your profile and im sry if your not my doctor then dont worry about my loose skin or if ppl want flats stomachs. I go by what i was told which was because im young the skin will stretch back if i workout and i know a couple of ppl who had gastric bypass and just by working out they tone their skin.

But i agree with you id rather have loose skin then be obese. *virtual high five*

I wish you would post more and stop letting me discouraged you based on what they think they know!! You know my story and you what I'm trying to do! & if they can do it then you can.. Anyways ily

I'm down for whatever!!!

Like I said you don't see fat girls with belly rings so that's my goal is to get my stomach to the point where I cn get one and be happy to show it off

i think i love you GF

thus makes me excited my doctor is able to do the artery with one incision near the belly button

I wasn't raining on anyones parade' date=' I was just pointing out that loose skin is far more likely to be an issue than scars.[/quote']

I'm not so much worried about loose skin that's not really a big issue when I don't have much to start with..