Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 3/27/12 and have done great. My last fill was about 5 weeks ago for a total of 4.5cc. I've noticed with this fill if i take to big of a bite or swallow too much it gets stuck and hurts until it works itself down but thats only happened about 4 or 5 times. Today is different. I noticed around lunch my chest started hurting right between my breasts and kinda radiated to my back and gets a little worse when I take a deep breath. I ate lunch anyways and about 1/2 way in to my cup full of food it got worse so I stopped. That lasted a few hours and it eventually died down a bit. At dinner the same thing happened, a few bites of food and Im hurting pretty bad again. I dont have a gallbladder so I know it cant be that. I dont have any reflux or vomiting. What could it be? Prob will call Dr tomorrow but he's 2 hours away so trying not to over react.

Iam new but that sounds like what was happening to me when food got stuck hot tea would push it down if I couldnt take it. lets us knwo what the doctor says specially if it is something else

Iam new but that sounds like what was happening to me when food got stuck hot tea would push it down if I couldnt take it. lets us knwo what the doctor says specially if it is something else

have you tried just having Hot Drinks? ? going off solids for 48 hours and having clear Soups? ? it sounds like inflammation. were you vomiting when the piece of food got stuck ?? sliming? i know when i have a bad episode that my pouch is very sore for a day or so. i have to be very careful .

I always have papya pills in my purse. Chew those and they make the food go down. liquids only things worse for me. Walking around helps also. I have had the pain and it is usually when I try to go to fast. Slow down and relax and enjoy your food. I NEVER drink and eat because that causes discomfort for me. Drink a lot about 30 minutes before you eat and then wait another 30 after you finish.

I don't drink for an hour after I eat per my MD instructions. Every once In a while I will have a few sips. When my food gets stuck it just hurts. No vomiting or PBing. I don't think it happened recently enough to be causing the pain?? I am feeling better agian but it's been about 3 hours since I ate dinner. Just nervous about messing something up since I seem to struggle with slowing down and chewing slowly. I only eat the right portion size but I eat it faster sometimes than I should. Don't want a slip!!!!

Everyone reacts differently to different amounts of fill. You may need to have a little out or try what others have suggested and go on liquids for a day or two as you may have some inflammation.

Hey! I had my surgery on 03/25/2012. I have pretty much EXACTLT what you just described! I will get a pain in the center of my chest that radiates to my ack. It almost feels similar to the ache one gets when bending over a desk all day. Sort of a dull ache that feels like muscle strain, but I don't think that's really what it s. I have been mulling it over for some time now. I also have about 4.5cc in my band (not that it really matters).... More to the point, I noticed this "feeling" shortly after my last fill (which was about a month ago). I am suspicious that, as much as I hate to admit it, the feeling is a result of over eating! I know it is hard to imagine that less than one cup of food could possibly result in "overeating", but I really think that is what it is. In fact, I just ate a serving of baked chicken breast about the size of a deck of cards with a small salad and I am having the "feeling". The chicken was very moist, so it went down easy with the lettuce. I may have not allowed enough time between bites or may have taken a few "bigger" small bites, but I think the feeling is different from being "stuck". I've only been stuck once, but it was VERY memorable! I guess this is where the idea of "head hunger" starts to have meaning for me! My head wants to finish my modest little meal, but I think my band is telling me that the small bit of food is too much! Ugh!! Gotta get used to leaving a little food on the plate...... :-)

The same thing happened to my friend, it ended up being she had to take some fill out and then she was fine. It didn't happen right away either after she got the fill, that was why she was wondering what it was. I would call your dr. office and tell them what's happening, they may want to take some Fluid out.

Let us know how you are doing!!

Try a different veggie. I very rarely eat lettuce anymore. I consider it a filler. It made me too full. How much chicken are you eating? I never eat an entire breast, typically 1/2 or 2/3 with a 1/4 c of a veggie. You need to experiment to see what works, but always remember what doesn't work. That is also why I log everything I eat.

Sounds like you need some out. Call yor dr and talk to him/her