Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 12 Post op update.

I am feeling almost back to myself now. I went out for lunch and shopping today. I did fine except....

I had to keep pulling my jeans up because they are too big

I didnt have enough money to buy a new wardrobe

and the swelling tonight is killing me...I am huge!!!

The bruising is healing nicely and I am doing most things except bending to the ground. Here is a few more pics...please dont look if nudity offends.

Thanks

post-204619-13813133051026_thumb.jpg

post-204619-13813133051657_thumb.jpg

post-204619-13813133052271_thumb.jpg

WOW Girl , you look amazing!! I bet you feel like a new woman. I know that I am going to have to have the same thing done, but I am such a BIG CHICKEN!!!

Kelly, did any insurance pay for any of this, I have heard they will pay from some of plastic surgery in certain cases. (like skin discoloring , or rashes from hangin skin)

I am amazed at how caring you are to share these pictures with us, that takes a big heart. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Hi Tammy,

I am in Australia and I didnt have any insurance cover. It was $27 000 for everything including private hospital.

I too am a big chicken, but in the weeks leading up to surgery I did a mind over matter thing. I have wanted this for so long that I think when I came out of surgery and seen my pinny for the first time :D I was just so excited I didnt feel the full extent of the pain. I mean, it really is only a day or so of real pain before its not even a big deal...get through that and you will be amazed. I still cant believe it. I know I dont have a flat tummy, but after losing the last of my kgs I think it will be pretty flat, just the fact my tummy isnt to my knees and my boobies arent to my belly is hugeeee in itself. I am so excited...can you tell?? :) :) :)

I am sooooooooo excited for you!!!!!! Let's dance! After having not 1 not 2 but 3 c-sections and being a 300 lbs for a while I know that I will have an "apron" of skin. I am a size D now but I am sure I will be able to tuck em my pants before this is all over, so I better start saving now huh?

Ok very personal question and please dont feel you have to answer me, but does the "kitty" sag as well, and if it does do they pull all that skin up and remove it when doing the TT?

I am still so excited for ya!!! It must be an amazing feel to reach your goal and see all your hard work finally pay off!!

:clap2: :clap2: Congratulations on the new you. I'm so proud of you for taking the steps to be that new person. Now if I can just get up the courage to do it again, but when you describe the pain, OUCH! I'm such a wusssss.

First step, make an appointment, LOL.

You go girl!

You look fabulous! It looks even better now, I cant imagine how good you are going to look if you lose to goal.....I think you look like you are at goal now! I am so damn excited over your surgery, I want to be there already myself! Incredible results, your surgeon is excellent. LOL, I am glad the pain is all but forgotten now!

I dont have the tummy problem but I've developed an obsession with your boobs, lol. I keep coming back in to look at em.

Lol Jacqui, my whole life I have never had boobs that arent saggy with huge areolas, so yes i keep taking my bra off and looking at them in the mirror. I went into the bedroom last night to have another look and Paul had put a huge picture that I couldnt lift in front of the mirror. I called out to him and asked him why it was there and could he move it. He said he just want to see what I would do if I couldnt look at myself for 5 minutes hehe :). All I hoped going into this was improvement, the life changing I feel just from not having a belly over my thighs is...well I cant think of the words. I know when I was researching this I wished I could find more pictures of "real" people that had it done instead of touched up surgeon pics...so I promised myself that when I had mine done no matter how embaressing it was I would share my pics with people who wanted to have it done. It has been sorta humiliating everytime I come to this thread and I know those pics are there, but I just try not to think about it and think of the ppl that they are helping.

Love you guys, you know how to make a girl feel special!!

Kelly,

Thank you so much for having the courage to share your experience with us. Many of us will have similar surgeries and I really appreaciate your post. You look awesome!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!:clap2:

Way to go, girl.

My TT was the best thing I've done since getting approved for Weight Loss Surgery. It's been over 13 wks now and I starting seeing a post-op improvement each week, so I know you're gonna recover great.

Later the plan is for me to get "The Twins" lifted and Lipo done (hopefully in one fell swoop) so I can also get a new silhouette like you have.

Hooray for you!

Happy Band Journeys To All...

I think it is AWESOME that you have shared your pictures! You have nothing to be ashamed of. You are gorgeous, even in a state of healing. Seriously, it's great to see some REAL women going under the knife and sharing the results. Thanks and Bravo!!

I am sooooooooo excited for you!!!!!! Let's dance! After having not 1 not 2 but 3 c-sections and being a 300 lbs for a while I know that I will have an "apron" of skin. I am a size D now but I am sure I will be able to tuck em my pants before this is all over, so I better start saving now huh?

Ok very personal question and please dont feel you have to answer me, but does the "kitty" sag as well, and if it does do they pull all that skin up and remove it when doing the TT?

I am still so excited for ya!!! It must be an amazing feel to reach your goal and see all your hard work finally pay off!!

Hey Tammy,

I will answer any questions that I can to help. As for the kitty, mine, well...it sagged and was so fatty. With the TT it is inevitable that it gets pulled higher, but I specifically asked my PS to pull her all the way up, I didnt care if my bikini line ended up at my throat :).

Anyway yep he did give her a rather nice lift hence the extreme swelling to my mound which will last for a few months yet, but how do I say it...hmmm, ummm it hasnt been that high in yrs and for the first time my girlie sensitive part actually isnt buried if you know what I mean.

I know that might offend some that is why I tried to think of the nicest way to put it. Please excuse me if it has offended some.

Tammy - Be excited!!!!!!!!! If you want to talk about any of it I am happy too.

Hugs

I keep coming back here and looking at the pics. I can't get over it .. its amazing!! Having perky boobies has always been a dream of mine lol.

I'm soooooooo happy for you, Kell!!

How's the pain feeling these days?