Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A La Board, Banded 8/30/12

Glad to have found this community. This is something I've been putting off for a while. Pre-op I had the jitters, ran to the bathroom twice and almost ran out of the room because I was so nervous. I got some good anesthesia that put me out for longer than 3 hours. Looking for some people to share the journey and learn from the experience. So far feeling a lot better than day one, minus the gas. The hiccups hurt. I am tired of the liquid diet, my doctor wasn't as strict as others so I've read.

I got mine 8/24 so I'm a week ahead of you. Stick with the liquids--it makes a difference. And use the pain meds when you need them. Just found the site this morning and looking forward to the great advice and extra support.

Nice to meet you!! So tell me, do you feel better after a week? I feel like everytime I breathe the band gets tight.. lol

I'm starting too. Been having mostly liquids but had a little more solid food yesterday and I felt full after a few bites. It was really cool. Some pain where the port is and once other spot but that is it. Feeling more like myself only not as hungry.

Hey girl we are surgery twins! Congrats on the surgery. My name is Kayln, since we has it done at the same time it might be nice to keep in touch!

I'm adjusting well, the gas is what is killing me! It didn't last for long but it gets under my left shoulder and I swear i'm about to pass out!

I have a feeling i'm under a SUPER conservative doctor when so you get to be off these dreaded Clear Liquids?

I was on clears just for 24 hours. Then went to strained Soups, Protein Shakes, and Jello. Added grits and cream of wheat this week, week 2.

It was important to have something in my system for the pain meds otherwise I was pretty loopy. Looking forward to adding in some more solids chewed well this coming weekend! It goes fast--but stick to the diet so you dont get sick.

Omg i'm so jealous... I had a suspicion that my doc was strict good God. Well if it works, then i'm sure I'll have dropped a ton of weight and gained a helluva lot of will power. Lol me I'll be drinking milk for another week

Hi Kayley! Nice to meet you.

Symptoms:

My back is killing me, I have a crazy headache right where you tie your ponytail,Yesterday I went out for the first time and guess what? I was walking holding my side, It hurt like a b*tch. I felt light headed and had to hold on to the shopping cart. A galloon of milk was too heavy for me. All this and I'm like wtf? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night STARVING!!! Like I haven't eaten, I ate a cold leftover chicken noodle Soup at 6am. I don't even know when I'm hungry anymore. When I get nauseated, I tend to wait then after having a lil bit of a smoothie I feel better.

I am so tired of shakes, and puddings and Soup!! Since I'm a rebel I had three small melba toast mini. I chewed them for a while scared I might throw-up. I pared it with a Soup, but guess who didn't finish it? I guess I am so tired of heating and re-heating when it used to be so easy to eat everything and then some.

Today I am going to my doctor, I am making a list lol. Lets see what he says. Mine i guess isn't strict at all, he told me to have all the liquids I wanted anything..

KIT Ladies, I am up at the crack at dawn and off this week until I feel like myself again.

Good morning!!

I was able to have all the Fluid I wanted as long as I stayed with the 50-60 Protein and less then 700 calories.

It gets better ladies....and a small price to pay for a healthy sexy you!!!! GOOD LUCK

Hello Ladies,

I was also just banded on 8/30/12. I am home and adjusting well. I actually almost went back to work today, but I decided I better take a few days to really get rested so I don't risk hurting myself. I am on mushy foods and doing quite well. I am not sure how to tell if I am really full or not. I know that seems strange, but it is true. I get really belchy and that is what makes me stop eating, not the food itself. I have not had a fill yet so that is probably part of the issue. Looking forward to discovering the new us with all of you.

hello my fellow 8/30 twins. TOday I was hungry. I ate my broth and a shake. waited 15 minutes and decided to have another shake and bowl of broth. Well silly me i had two spoons of broth and a sip of the shake. Guess I have my Breakfast for tomorrow. And now the gas is killing me. THis is going to take some getting used to. BUT, I know I am lucky. I had no back or shoulder pain just abdominal gas. and pain at the incision and port sites.

Good luck my fellow banders we will get thru this

I was banded 8/31 and I feel like a major whiner because I WANT FOOD! I have a followup appt tomorrow so ill know more about what I can and cannot have. I'm woo ready for mushies. :( ive been food obsessed, like in the "old dieting days." I'm down with making smart food choices... but where are the choices?! Lol.

Other than headaches and nausea my first couple days post op I haven't any discomfort (unless you count my head hunger!). The heating pad and going for walks have been a huge help for my gas. But, again, ive been very lucky with that too. No dreaded shoulder pain that ive heard so much about.

I'm glad I found your post because Ive certainly wondered how others in my shoes are fairing.

I feel like, of course I'm losing weight - I'm not eating!! Lol

nd

Gosh I love the internet! Hi LBSept09, Amy, Bringing Sexy Back and Mrs. Living Strong!

It's a struggle but were gonna make it through and look F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. everything is starting to fit better, I just feel a little bit swollen in the abdominal area, and yesterday I felt the band.. Omg so weird. My doc gave me the Green Light to Exercise, he said to Walk. I used to love to walk until I moved to Florida haha!! I've been sick but it has nothing to do with the band so I went to my primary care and got some medication for that. I got scared because we eat so little now, wtf happens after a fill? You eat less says the doctor, I was like less than what I'm eating now? Omg!! I guess they want to trick your body or something.

I am taking a few days to adjust, my job is crazy as it is and until I don't feel like ME.

They can wait.

Does anyone know of any GOOD Protein shakes? Not the chalky ones. I'm concerned about my nutrition. Let me know please.

Have a great day my fellow banders!!

Ladies I feel like i'm healing well. I can sit up from my bed with no problems (just the mental anxiety it's going to hurt or i'm going to hurt my band) I finally got to shave my legs today!

I do have to say two nights ago I had a huge sneeze and it hurt my port site so bad I cried for about half an hour. I thought I was going to die...and then it didn't help that I kept thinking the whole time I messed up my port, now I have to have another surgery so they can fix it, it's probably twisted... Needless to say...i'm a but dramatic. I'm fine now. Lol

I'm sick of Clear liquids, the thought of having to drink them for another week makes me sick. I can't stand the smell if my Protein shake right now... I'm about to break. I cannot wait to eat some hummus or cottage cheese or instant potatoes....it's mentally exhausting.

I'm pretty weak, but I do feel a little different hopefully it's not all mental it will bee nice to hear I've lost some weight.when I go to the doc on Friday!

My family is very supportive and my best friend and my boyfriend are both doing a liquid diet with me. Bless their hearts I don't think they knew what they signed up for.

I also was able to walk for about two hours at the store yesterday.. So I feel like i'm healing well. Hope everyone else is as well!

When you feel a sneeze or cough coming on, grab a thick pillow (if you don't have a Bari-Bear) and hold tight! It helps to put pressure on the port site when you sneeze so you don't feel like you're going to expell it like the Alien! I'll grab anything--last night it was the 85 dog who was closest to me while I was sitting on the floor. I pulled her up on my lap and got quite the look when I sneezed into her while hugging her to my side. My husband laughed and laughed!