Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Days Post Op Left Shoulder Pain...

It's seems like I'm more hungry that before.....why?

When was your surgery

Banded August 28 2012<br />Starting weight 293<br />Day of surgery weight 273<br />Current weight 254<br />Goal weight 160 5ft 10

I was banded on August27 and I'm not doing TO GOOD.....first off I stop smoking a month before I started even going TO see the Dr about the lap band....I got my surgery about six weeks later....so now I'm dealing with hunger from not smoking and not being able TO eat from the lap band....What can I do?????

I was banded on August27 and I'm not doing TO GOOD.....first off I stop smoking a month before I started even going TO see the Dr about the lap band....I got my surgery about six weeks later....so now I'm dealing with hunger from not smoking and not being able TO eat from the lap band....What can I do?????

well, keep following your dr's orders for starters :)

congrats on the smoking and the band also. i think

its amazing your strength and courage to do them both.

you should be around the mushie/soft food stages unless your dr has a different program. are you not eating yet?

you can eat on the band (you can eat whatever) but the band will help you eat less (especially when the fills start) but for now, since you are still healing from surgery (not even a month ago) its wise and best to eat slowly, per your dr's instructions and not over a cup at a time and focus on Protein as that is what will keep you full and gas your body.

hunger now means you are healing.

just keep going as the hard part is over.

be a success, you are already in my book.

Thank u so much for the encouraging word .....It's hard trying TO do both .....somedays I could cry.....but I promise myself I will do this....but anywho....I'm on 1200 calories now.

My start weight was 228...... I'm 5"1"...I've lost 24 lbs my goal is 135...my first fill is on Oct 2....I'll be sure TO fill u in.

I'm 4 days post-op and gas pain in my belly and shoulder is nearly unbearable. I get up and move around and my new best friend is my heating pad. I hope this goes away soon. Also has anyone else experienced a headache? Day 2 and nothing seems to touch it..

harleymelm

Omg the headache was horrible day 3-4

So sorry to hear about your shoulder pains and gas pains..oops, I guess they left that part out in the pre-op. I was banded 7/7/11 and I remember the gas and shoulder pains like yesterday. I thought my left shoulder was going to fall off - in fact, I wish it had. But, like many of you have found, when it stopped hurting, it stopped. It has something to do with a nerve located in your abdomen and when you had gas it pushed on that nerve - that nerve is attached (believe it or not) to your left shoulder. No more bad gas - no more shoulder pain. The ONLY relief I found was the heating pad. I am so excited for all of you. With the pain leaving and your journey now truely beginning - you guys can really start to see results. Stick with it..there will he highs and lows and times when you may even be a bit sad, but hang in there, it is all worth it. I can say I don't miss the 106 pounds that I have lost (a small adults if you will) and I don't think I will miss the 30 pounds I have left to loose (a small child). I am no longer on any medications and I feel better than I have in years. Sure, I miss certains foods and I do miss pigging out with friends and family but I sure like shopping in the "normal girls" department instead of the "fat girls" department. Good luck guys..and keep us posted on your progress.

Melinda in Florida

I stopped smoking at the same time i had a hysterectomy .. It was crazy for a month but the deep breaths i can take are worth it. U can do this!!

louisanalady I don't know if you are a coffee, tea or soda drinker, but that could be the problem. Try having one of those. It may help. If gas has been an issue stay away from the diet soda and stick with tea or coffee (hot tea). You may also want to put that heating pad on the back of your neck and relax a bit, it also helps.

Melinda in Florida

I had 2 hernia in my tummy. I am not allowed soda yet. They repaired both and Im thinking it might have something to do with it

Would you put the heating pad on your belly