Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im getting banded on Sept 6 and what was my biggest support is now against it. Im trying to be good on my preop diet, but my family is making it hard. its hard eating nothing when Im sitting in a room with my husband eating chocolate and drinking pop telling me to do what i want...i feel like Im going to fail the two weeks.. Is anyone else dealing with this type of crap...

Hi there my family are 100% behind me but my partner isn't he says he is but I know different, I think their maybe scared that we might find someone better when we have lost the weight I would do what you want to do not what he wants to do, and as for eating chocolate etc be strong and have the will power don't buy crap from the supermarket and he can't eat it if it's not there good luck x

Yes , it is hard watching my family eat what ever they want to , We traveld "moved " right after my surgery and the only place to eat was fast food . Just think of the weight loss , I was so happy when I weighted and lost a pound every two days , in the begining .

I have slipped back in to my snacking and eat sugar agian . I'm so tired of thinking of what to eat . Making two different meals for dinner is getting old .

I think maybe I will give my self a reward to get back on track . Hard to think of the reward ;]

Hi there my family are 100% behind me but my partner isn't he says he is but I know different, I think their maybe scared that we might find someone better when we have lost the weight I would do what you want to do not what he wants to do, and as for eating chocolate etc be strong and have the will power don't buy crap from the supermarket and he can't eat it if it's not there good luck x

How do I stop eating sugar ?? i want to break that habbit !!

At first my husband was a little distant about my surgery, but I think more was money. He had just had some kidney surgery and we had bills coming in from all his dr.'s. But we had a long talk one day and he got on board and has been great since. But I was determined I was going to do this with or without my families support. As far as candy etc. I gave it up a month ago along with dt. coke. I haven't really missed either. I had my lap band on August 20th. So far down 13 lbs. Hang in there, be strong for yourself.

My husband was my biggest support when I was first banded feb 1, he even lost 25 lbs. after 3 months he went back to his old ways and gained all his weight back. He would come home with my favorite candy and say he brought me a snack. I gave in for 2 weeks and felt horrible. I've learned I'm doing this for a healthier me. Every night my hubs deals with acid reflux because if the crap he eats. I'm lucky to have co workers and friends that support me to the fullest. My hubs is there for me but always remember this is for a healthier you!!

As for the sugar habits. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I usually only allow myself a sugar treat 3 times a week and it's usually a Fiber one brownie only 90 calories

It is really hard not to have support, but with all the support in the world your family is not choosing this journey you are and truth be told there will be lots of occasions when they will eat stuff you can not. And they will get fat and have health problems in the long run if they over do it. You however have this golden opportunity to get healthy and lose weight. You will learn that life is so much more and better then just eating food. You will find that you have energy you never had , you will look different and feel different and this is about you not someone else.

Some one else asked how do you stop eating sugar easy you don't put it in your mouth and you can not eat what is not it your house. Honestly I ate so much crap that I bought for the "KIDS" or my husband.. If theywant that stuff they need to go out and buy it and eat it in the car. Most men are just to lazy to do that for very long it's a hassle.

After awhile you will be able to eat somethings but trust me they will lose their appeal and a little bit will do you.

I have a similar problem. My husband eats nothing but fast food 2-3 times a day. He doesn't have a weight problem, no cholesterol, no diabetes. He's a perfectly healthy (young) man. I hate him sometimes. I have been starving myself on this 100% liquid diet for the past two weeks and full Clear liquids for the past two days. The only thing I can say is be an example.

Why cook two meals? Make something healthy for your family too, it'll eliminate temptation for you and, if they don't eat it they can fend for themselves. I am making no plans to cook anything special for my husband, if he wants something different, he can take his wallet and his car to go get it, or make it himself. Think this is YOUR health, not your husbands, not your kid's, not your sisters, not your mothers. They might not like you now, but when you are healthier and alive longer i'm sure they will see your intentions (or mine in this case)

Why cook two meals? Make something healthy for your family too' date=' it'll eliminate temptation for you and, if they don't eat it they can fend for themselves. I am making no plans to cook anything special for my husband, if he wants something different, he can take his wallet and his car to go get it, or make it himself.[/quote']

You Go Girl! Do It & Be Happy For Yourself!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Of course we don't know your situation but i shop for groceries, plan meals I cook for my family every night....during preop, post op and for the past 21 months of losing, occasionally there were a few calls to order take out or we would eat out but pretty much it's all me. That said.... You cannot stop your life just because you are banded. You also cannot expect the world to make the choices you have made for yourself. Sure it's hard but no one ever said it wouldn't be. Many times I had to get up from the table because I couldnt stand to watch them eating dessert or pizza or something else I couldn't have but I set my mind to do this and NOTHING was going to stop me.

I know it sounds a little tough love but we cannot blame others for our choices, so cook.... Enjoy making a nice meal for your family and if they eat stuff you cannot have ... Dig deep and find the will power to chose to say no. It really is very simple.

And just to add.... When I wanted Cookies or brownies or something unhealthy... I would make it but not eat it....hows that for warped....lol. Of course They enjoyed it and I enjoyed making it, ;)

Im getting banded on Sept 6 and what was my biggest support is now against it. Im trying to be good on my preop diet, but my family is making it hard. its hard eating nothing when Im sitting in a room with my husband eating chocolate and drinking pop telling me to do what i want...i feel like Im going to fail the two weeks.. Is anyone else dealing with this type of crap...

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your support. I'm getting banded on Sept. 6th too. I have only told my husband, and one close friend that I am getting banded. My husband seems supportive for now. I didn't tell any of my family or friends because I don't want to deal with listening to the criticism and questions and crap. I'm doing this for me and nobody else, so I can feel better. Hopefully you will find some good support on this site, it looks like there are a lot of nice people on here. Best wishes to you on your journey!