Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys!

Was banded 6 hours ago and sitting in a hospital room overnight. Everything went great!!!! I'm surprised actually how little pain I feel. No pain meds so far. The only thing I have is major discomfort from gas but that's discomfort, not pain. I just got up and walked for 5 minutes. That felt good although I was moving in major slow motion.

Sipping Water. Working up to 4 oz and hour by tomorrow.

So excited for this new journey. It's day one of the REST OF MY LIFE!!!!

Thank you for the great posts and support here!!!!

Hi guys!

Was banded 6 hours ago and sitting in a hospital room overnight. Everything went great!!!! I'm surprised actually how little pain I feel. No pain meds so far. The only thing I have is major discomfort from gas but that's discomfort' date=' not pain. I just got up and walked for 5 minutes. That felt good although I was moving in major slow motion.

Sipping Water. Working up to 4 oz and hour by tomorrow.

So excited for this new journey. It's day one of the REST OF MY LIFE!!!!

Thank you for the great posts and support here!!!![/quote']

WTG. I'm 8 days post op and still have a little portside pain. But doing good. Glad ur doing great!! Good uck!!

YAY!!! Keep up the walking, it might help with the gas discomfort!

Have you thought about keeping a blog? Did you take pictures for your before and after? There have been some really cool forum topics about what people do to keep themselves motivated, how they set their milestones and also stuff that they look forward to doing again.

I know, lots of questions, but Im so excited for you too, I cant help it! :)

Congrats!! I was banded yesterday and I have no gas pain but pain at the port site. It is do different for everyone

Congrats to the new banders. Walks and SIP plenty of Water. The discomfort will all pass. Be positive and Keeep the Faith.

I was banded on tues am and have some slight discomfort but the worst is the shoulder pain on the left side. Any advice aside from walking and gasx?

I was banded 3 days ago and am already feeling sooo much better! The gas still comes and goes for me. Tried GasX and that really only helps me with the gas bubbles actually in my tummy from eating. I swear every time I take a sip of broth a bubble goes down with it. Walking makes a big difference...And it doesn't take much walking really. 5-10 min here or there. I have been trying to get out of the house, but don't quite have the stamina to make it all the way around the store, so I'll walk to and from the entrance and grab one of the little motorized carts. I HATE using them and God only knows what people say when my chubby self goes scootin' past them. But, I know its temporary and if it gets me out and working the gas out, I'll do it! The port hurt me the most so far..but I can gladly report that Im writing this from my cellphone laying on my right (port) side! Something I didn't dare attempt less than 24hrs ago! Im back to work after tomorrow, and super confident that it'll be smooth sailing! And another thing...Milk of Mag did help some with the gas. Unplugged me and have been able to pass more of that irritating gas. Just remember, no trips out or anything til its done working on ya...Otherwise, be near a restroom, Haha. Made that mistake today...Good luck!! So excited for both of us, Haha!

I'm feeling much better today, 2 days out. Amazing how I'm not feeling full at all. Been walking tons and that's helped with gas. Biggest challenge has been sipping 4oz each hour. I'm going to fast... Have to make it last.

Congrats again to everyone!!!

Jason