Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Upset

This week i have veered off of my diet alot. Due to birthdays and a going away party for a co worker ive eaten alot of junk that for the past couple of months i wouldnt have normally eaten. Ive already weighed myself and have gained tremendously. I have a doctors appointment wednesday for an adjustment but im a little upset with myself because i havent been losing the weight like i want to and i feel like i get distracted sometimes. Ive been in the gym at least 3 days a week but i still feel like its not enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I find logging calories helps keep me accountable. It's one thing to say "oh I'm just going to have this one piece cake" but it's another to see it's calorie and fat content right there in writing. You can't deny or rationalize what you eat when you log everything you put into your mouth.

I have used the app Lose It since the day I got home from the hospital and it's helped me tremendously.

I find logging calories helps keep me accountable. It's one thing to say "oh I'm just going to have this one piece cake" but it's another to see it's calorie and fat content right there in writing. You can't deny or rationalize what you eat when you log everything you put into your mouth.

I have used the app Lose It since the day I got home from the hospital and it's helped me tremendously.

Thank you! I do have the Lose it app on my phone but i am so terrible about logging food into it. But when i do i get even more disgusted with myself when i see the amount of calories, carbs, and sodium. I will definitely start to use the app more often.

Thanks again :)

I love accountability thats what helps me when I fall off the "band" wagon. I have turnrd to weight watchers in the past because you weigh in front of someone else and they write it down for you. I am actually thinking about re motivating myself aslo, I was banded a long time ago now, my weight loss has been slow and steady but I still have good times and bad times, and some ups and downs. However that being said I am still down! Just want to get that last bit off. Maybe we can be accountable to each other and weigh in together, post our weight on the board and try our own (much less expencive) form of weight watchers?

I love accountability thats what helps me when I fall off the "band" wagon. I have turnrd to weight watchers in the past because you weigh in front of someone else and they write it down for you. I am actually thinking about re motivating myself aslo' date=' I was banded a long time ago now, my weight loss has been slow and steady but I still have good times and bad times, and some ups and downs. However that being said I am still down! Just want to get that last bit off. Maybe we can be accountable to each other and weigh in together, post our weight on the board and try our own (much less expencive) form of weight watchers?[/quote']

I definitely hear you on that one. Ive tried weight watchers before i even got the band when i was doing Michael Thurmond's six week body makeover but it got to be too expensive. I would be down for weighing in.

AJ

I use Myfitnesspal and I'm pretty good about logging everything in. The numbers on there are supposed to make you feel disgusted if you aren't eating the right things. If you are, you'll be happy with your progress and your willpower. Did you measure yourself before the surgery? Sometimes when the scale isn't moving, you've still lose inches. My stupid cheap Wal-mart scale (which is very soon to be replaced and good riddance!) says I haven't lost a single damn pound even after living on chicken broth for weeks. I haven't let it get me down too much and I checked my measurements yesterday, I'm down 1.5" on each thigh, 2 in the butt and FOUR in my waist. And I'm only three weeks out, so don't let the scale worry you too much. It's very common to lose inches instead of pounds once in a while.

Don't' beat yourself up too much over the junk food. Just remember how crappy it made you feel and use that to stop yourself next time you're tempted. I promise if you don't have the junk you will feel SO much better about yourself after than if you had. It's just food. Five minutes after it's gone, you won't be missing it.

This week i have veered off of my diet alot. Due to birthdays and a going away party for a co worker ive eaten alot of junk that for the past couple of months i wouldnt have normally eaten. Ive already weighed myself and have gained tremendously. I have a doctors appointment wednesday for an adjustment but im a little upset with myself because i havent been losing the weight like i want to and i feel like i get distracted sometimes. Ive been in the gym at least 3 days a week but i still feel like its not enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

whats done is done. we cant change what we did or ate yesterday.

put it behind you and do better starting right now.

sounds like you have done well and you will again. today/right now

if you dont do good today, do better tomorrow :)

I use MyFitnessPal and weigh myself daily. Some people weigh daily, others oppose it. To me, personally, it helps me stay accountable. First, when I'm tempted to eat bad food I remind myself I have to step on the scale tomorrow. Second, when I do step on the scale, I compare the number or fluctuation to my previous day. Did my meal plan work? Did I eat something high in sodium that's making me retain Water? I use it to asses where I'm at.

Logging every bite helps tremendously. Kind of along the same lines as the scale; if I'm tempted by a cupcake in the breakroom, I think about logging it and using up calories on something so nutritionally empty.

As for falling off the wagon, all you can do is dust yourself off and get back on it. It's human nature to make mistakes, nobody can be perfect at life. Change your mindset, and your eating pattern, and you'll be good in no time :)

I fully agree with jen_1381 and carolina girl

1) Try not to feel discouraged that you slipped up on your diet. It's human nature to do so (i mean it!!). Just remember tomorrow is another day

2) I also weigh myself everyday. Maybe i'll stop eventually, but for now I LOVE seeing the scale go down. it gives me so much encouragement.

The Lose It App is excellent!! I was using Simple Calorie and tried Fitness Pal. The tips and suggestions on this site are so helpful! Each day I learn something new, pick up a new tip or suggestion and I'm reminded that I'm not alone on this journey - the success others have achieved is so motivating!! thanks!!

View each day as a new beginning - you can't "undo" yesterday, but you can start fresh today. We all have bad days but one constant I've noticed from the success stories here is that when people fall off the "bandwagon" they don't stay on it the wrong track long, they get right back on track and keep moving forward. Don't beat yourself up, you're human and we all make bad choices. Just get back on track and keep going!! You can do it!

Great suggestions from the previous posters... But I think it sounds like you need a fill. In my case when I a in the green zone I don't want to cheat..and if I want a slice of birthday cake one or two bite satisfies me. I just cannot over eat.

And my ap in my phone kept me accountable. I tracked every morsel that went in my mouth. It was a game to me looking up and figuring ut how many calories were in 2 m&ms.. Or how many calories was in the tartar sauce for my fish.

When i was 30 lbs from goal and my dr asked me to start weaning off the app and eyeball my food choices. I was scared to death but I understood his reasoning and did it. That was 3 months ago and I am now 13 lbs from goal! You can do this!!!

For me it's easier to do it one meal at a time instead of one day at a time! Boy do I sound like an addict!?! :-). In the past, when I would mess up I'd think "oh well I blew it so what the heck- the rest of the day is ruined I may as well eat whatever!". Now I just think ok I didn't do so well earlier but I can now. Tiny baby steps! Good luck!

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning i will definity have my band filled because i dont feel alot of restriction.

Thank you again!