Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Price Of Fill

Switched insurance companies, new one doesent cover lap band period! I was just wondering how much you guys pay for a fill if self pay?

My surgeon charges $200.00. During the first 6 months all fills are covered by your program fee, which was paid at the pre op appointment. That was the only fee not billable to insurance.

minefirstyear is free

As self pay my first year was free. Now that the honeymoon is over they offer 3 options:

$125 as needed each visit

Or

$40 direct bill from your bank account monthly whether you come in or not

Or

$240 pay upfront for as many visits as needed in a 6 month period.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I have FEP BLUE $117 each fill plus $35 Dr visit, the reg price he charges is $500 as it is surgical procedure,,, ( :angry: ) now I can only get fills if I have money- was going crazy trying to pay all my co-pays off including Hospt. so,,, hopefully he will fill me in Sept and it last a while,,, I wonder if I told him I cannot afford them what would happen. ?? anyone have same prob?

I had a fight with the ins co. over it, but it is what it is, just going to take me longer.

200 for a fill. 50 for a check up visit that does not require fill. Ask the office if they can at least try sending the paperwork to insurance after your appointment. I was pleasantly suprised to find that my insurance covered my fill even though it claims no bariatrics are covered. I got a credit for the amount I paid! I don't know if they will continue to pay.. Just had my second visit today so we'll see!

band adjustment/fill and doc appt. $250 is the charge; I pay $112, not covered by ins.

My insurance doesn't cover the fill, but it still will pay for the rest of the office visit. My last appointment was $200, but my insurance covered all but the $50 for the fill.

As someone who works for an insurance company, I suggest giving the office your new insurance card, having them bill all the procedure codes and see what gets paid!

Many folks paid for this in advance, in the admin fees, I talked to the insurance co, The surgeon considers this " surgical" and I am responsible for the co-pay. I just think it should NOT be considered a surgical procedure, just to stick a drop of saline in a port. I had a special needs grand who had a port ( mickey button) for his food and we did our own saline thing all the time, to make sure it stayed in place. Anyhow, life being what it is, it's unaffordable now, and hope he will give me a good fill- like a whole CC, now that I am used to the band. I do notice some Drs fill you up quickly, and other .05 cc etc at a time. well enough of my bla bla,,, looking for p time job.

I'll be paying 150 for each fill that includes the office visit, fill, x-ray etc.. if i just go in for a check up it's going to cost me 125!!

Insurance said i could maybe get around it some how if it wasn't billed as "bariatric".. anyone else have the same issue?

I guess Dr's won't change their codes, but I do notice some Dr's fill you up faster than others, see other post 2nd fill 5.5 ccs!!! I am at 5cc. $400 later. ( 4 visits) In any case I am happy I did this, just no raises and everything going up things getting tighter than my band,