Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Signs Of Being Hungry Or Full

lol ew.

I always wondered about this. The "full" feeling is the same as before? My doc gave me the impression that my "full" feeling would be in my esophagus as opposed to in my stomach. I'm happy to hear that your full feelings are like they used to be. I REALLY hope mine will be too. I can't imagine feeling OK with anything else :wacko:

just my opinion, but when i am full (now) at 3/4 to 1 cup of food, i am FULL. it is and was the same feeling i had when i ate too much thanksgiving dinner or a big mac from mcdonalds. full is full (whether you got the band or the band/plication like i did). again, that is just my take on it....

you will stop eating like a baby does. when they had enough, they push the bottle away and turn their head.....unlike me who use to rest and then go back into battle :)

Carolina...I love your comparison to the baby...that's exactly right!!

I've just been given the green light to eat MUSHY...it has felt so so so good!! I had some Taco Bell refried Beans - OH.MY.WORD. Divine! LOL Good source of Protein and so yummy! I will need to get some Bean-O, tho...oh my. Gas pains were not good. Will need to head that off at the pass.

I've had serious nausea these past two weeks...feel I am rounding that corner, but I've been faithful to my 6-hr dose of Zofran. I want to try today to not use it. Feeling a little queasy right now, but trying to sip my Water.

I had a scrambled egg for b'fast - not an egg fan, but also trying hard to focus on lots of Protein today and figured that was a good place to start. Not sure its settling well, so I may have to give in to the meds.

I am trying to listen to my body, to see if this nausea might be related to hunger. I quit eating the egg because it just didn't taste good - not necessarily because I was full. It went down all right, but not feeling that great right now. Still, wondering if 2 hrs is enough time and I should nibble something more....?? Still trying to figure that out.

I have not eaten until "full" I don't think. Afraid to, so I'm just doing 1/2c of stuff (Soups, etc).

Anyone tried eating Pasta?? Even a baby-food variety? I'm thinking it could be done if the Pasta was REALLY finely mashed, with ample sauce and SMALL bites...??? I've enjoyed cream of potato Soup the past several days. I focus on mashing the potato bits w/ my tongue and it goes down great. Tastes wonderful. Its just a bag-mix I bought at the store, mix w/ Water and simmer. Perfect!!

Anyway, just so thankful to be eating food. Makes all the difference in how I "feel" about it all...not eating really sucks.

Enjoy Monday!

--Kim

Oh, meant to add that I tried on my 18W jeans this morning -- COMFORTABLY loose!! Last time I put them on, I could barely button them, and we all know how miserable that is!!

also, an 18W skort I've worn several times this summer (uncomfortably, I should add!) fit nicely, too.

I asked my husband for a new COLTS t-shirt for the new season...normally I would wear a XXL, and thats a little snugger than I am comfortable...we got an XL, I brought it home, tried it on and it fits!! It'll be even better in a few more weeks! I'm sending my boys (12 and 8) with my husband for the pre-season games, then I will go when the regular season begins in Sept...and by then, I'll have the stamina to make the walk from the car to the stadium, and up to our birds-eye-view seats!!

Those are NON-scale VICTORIES all of us should be watching for and celebrating!!

--Kim

kkcmom,

Love your non scale victories post!

go COLTS!!!

I also get left shoulder pain if I have eaten way to much.

Oh that makes me feel normal! Thanks for sharing!

I sneeze when I'm done! My husband will say "there goes your alarm!". My stomach will also make weird gurgle noises when I'm eating- my friends calls it "the barnyard" Lol! You have to laugh at some of these changes or you'll cry! :-)

Omg this topic is making me so nervous! I would hate to make weird gurgling noises in public :wacko:

Oh gosh... Here's where i begin to FREAK OUT!!! :o

I take a long deep breath or sigh while I'm eating - that's my full sign.

BAD food DAY....not bad "food" just bad "me" with food today. Guess that little withdrawal last week is finally leveling out....I have been bottomless today.

Well, except for the fact that I'm actually pretty uncomfortable...ate a few bites of pizza, (my boys' lunch)...not a good idea. Might be different if it were a THIN crust (which is sorta cracker'y)...but NO, this was SELF-RISING CRUST pizza....too doughy. Oh dear.

I just want to munch....

I did read that there would be days like this .... just gotta make sure there are FEW of them!!

I just feel a "lump" in my chest....gotta avoid that!!

Here's to a better evening....oh and, another thing I'm struggling with is DRINKING with meals. I have been, and know that's a no-no!! I just get so thirsty.....gosh, gotta work on that, too!! ----Kim

Sorry for being troll-ish, :ph34r: but I wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone else can chime in. I was just banded 6 days ago and want as much insights as possible about full signs before I start eating real foods

Hiccups belching runny nose all signs of being full I have learned the left shoulder hurts me too when I an hungry really weird almost like after surgery pain. But I don't get that when I am full. Maybe there is more gas when it's empty .....

Runny Nose! This is gross but I don't think your sinuses can drain the "normal" way when it is packed with food so it takes the next exit :-) Seems like I am always looking for a tissue.

Also get the left shoulder pain when I get too hungry.