Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I definitely will address this on Tuesday.

Um... Wow? 17 lbs is insane!! You really need to be careful. You could throw your body into shock and starvation mode and it will turn everything into pounds! Try to average around 2 lbs a week. That will keep you healthy and you won't be losing so fast that your skin can't keep up.

Went to the dr today and lost 14 lbs in 20 days &he was overwhelmed. I don't understand your dr.

Good luck.

I don't understand him either willbe seeing him tomorrow possible first fill we will see how it goes

That is a great number! 17 is a lot...especially for the first few weeks! I gained a few and I was following the dr orders exactly! Maybe ur dr misunderstood how much u lost, So just wait til u go in for ur appt and talk to him about it.

Please don't be discouraged! You r doing great! Keep it up!

Thank y ou Silvia I will be seeing my dr morrow morning.m

Be sure to let us know how it goes after you talk to him. I too think you should be pleased with where you are and that your dr. is crazy! ;)

Your Doc would hate me... I actually gained!! but got it off now. Really well done for your good start, long may it continue :) x

Okay so I went to see my dr today he said he was just motivating when he said 17 wasn't enough he gave me my first fill and it didn't hurt one bit. I go back in 3 weeks :)

I agree...this doc is off his rocker, and actually encouraging an unhealthy mentality towards losing this weight...the weight you've lost so far is more than enough...everyone is different, don't be hard on yourself, your doing wonderfully...don't let that $&&&$ get you down, girl ;)

Okay so I went to see my dr today he said he was just motivating when he said 17 wasn't enough he gave me my first fill and it didn't hurt one bit. I go back in 3 weeks :)

Did u tell him be was being a DB?!?!? LOL

Thank u ladies for the support, I am very happy with my weight loss this far although I still have much o loss.

I was banded on 7/19 as well and I have lost 18lbs and after my dr struggled to do my first fill he told me he wanted me to do better about losing weight. I was so shocked (not to mention in pain) that I just left.

This is what I say....if you are losing and you feel good and you are eating healthy that's all that matters!

Had surgery on 7/19 my starting weight was 242 I'm done to 225 nd my octor says its not enought. I'm so heartbroken I wanted o tll him if I taught I could have lost more I wouldn't have had surgery. I actually taught 17 pounds was good' date=' what o I know :_ ([/quote']

17 lb in a month is good! On average u will lose 1-2 lb a week after being banded. Slow and steady is the way to go. Don't b discouraged by his statement. It was unprofessional at the very least.