Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had surgery on 7/19 my starting weight was 242 I'm done to 225 nd my octor says its not enought. I'm so heartbroken I wanted o tll him if I taught I could have lost more I wouldn't have had surgery. I actually taught 17 pounds was good, what o I know :_ (

I think 17 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing! I can't imagine a dr. not being satisfied with that. Keep up the good work!

Congrats on your weight loss x Some people gain in the first month never mind losing small amounts. Yours is a MASSIVE amount. I think I achieved about 9lb in that time. x I'd be feeling pretty smug if it was my loss. Your doc might have been having a bad day maybe?

I sure hope he is in a better mood on tuesday since its mg first follow up after surgery, he said possible fill will take place that day, nervous about that : /

17 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work. If you have had a group do your surgery you can request a different dr. Good luck.

What have you been doing to loose so much in a short time. Are you exercising & if so what are you doing. I'm 17 days post op & havenonly lost 12 lbs

That is awesome!, you've lost 5.6 pounds per week, maybe you should get another doctor. I've lost 36 pounds in 12 weeks and my doctors tells me that, that is great I just saw him on yesterday. Even the nurse said that, that was pretty good for 12 weeks. Keep up the good work and it will come off at a pace that is safe and healthy for your body, you can do it.

No group just one doctor he has truly been great has called thru out the weeks to see how I am feeling and how the weightless is coming along. To my surprise he called me on Wednesday to see when i was going to the office also asked how much weight I had lost and told him 15 lbs it was my exact 3 week mark and he answer thAt was too little and I had to up my exercise. Now 3 weeks and two day post op I've lost 17 pounds. I'm not really doing much other than drinking plenty of Water 1-2 Protein Shakes and high Protein blended or mashed meals. Thanks for the support everyone.

Congratulations on your weight loss. That's a very good amount starting off after surgery. Not everbody loses massives amount of weight post-op. Just read the posts on this forum. You are right in line.

Best Wishes and Be Positive.

Thank you Rojas I try being positive but with my dr telling me it's not enough I've become discouraged.

Thank you Rojas I try being positive but with my dr telling me it's not enough I've become discouraged.

Omg Rojas do NOT let the stupid comments of your doctor discourage you. You are doing extremely well. Regardless of whether he is in a bad mood or not he should not be saying its not enough, every pound you loose is enough regardless of how long it takes. Be encouraged by your weightloss so far, again you are doing well!!

Oppos I mean cristy, grrrr iPhones

Thank you so much for all of your encouraging words. Don't know what I would do with you.

Thank you all for your encouraging words

Can you please call dr back and ask why he thinks over 5 lbs a week in insufficient?!?! Maybe he was looking at someone else's chart or something. It doesn't make sense. If you have clashes like this in the early days when arguably you are losing quickly, I would be concerned for this doc to be your partner in this journey.

If your doc says something "off" you have to question him. He is not God. Speak up! It takes 3500 excess calories burned to lose 1 lb. what does he think your base metabolic rate is to lose any more than that ?!?!? What is his rationale? Maybe that is his shtick and he says that to everyone for them to keep up the loss. Who knows? But ask!! You paid a lot for this, ask!!