Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My (not so) Secret Skinny Dream

I'll go out on the boat with my fiance and not feel like everyone's thinking "why is he marrying her?"

I'll feel beautiful in my wedding dress & not like a monster next to my bridesmaids.

My new father-in-law will stop making vague comments about our bad eating habits (wtf is THAT about anyways...I mean what an ass).

I'll do all the cool stuff that everyone else said...twice!

I'll make girls jealous...of my body not my fiance. :)

I'll wear a teany bikini on my honeymoon... :)

I'll wear boots...any pair that will fit over my calves...

That's it for now!

Ok, let's see...

1. I will shop at the Gap again and wear clothes that fit my age, or at least how old I feel!

2. I will buy a really expensive ball gown and shoes to wear to the next military ball my husbands unit has.

3. Go to the mall where my parents live and NOT run through hoping I don't see anyone who knew me before I got fat.

4. Actually take my kids to the public pool and wear a bathing suit.

5. Have family pictures taken that include me.

6. Buy all panties and bras at victoria secret

7. I will start wearing shorts again and tank tops.

8. Buy some nice work out clothes and actually WORKOUT!

When I reach goal and stay thin:

1. I will THANK GOD

2. I will wear a wedding gown for our 25 wedding anniversary

3. I will wear a swim suit in our boat.

4. I will learn to Water ski

5. I will enjoy a shopping day with the girls and get to shop with them

6. I will be here for my family and grandchildren ( someday )

7. I will attend Seahawk football games. rather than watching from home

8. I will ride the go carts with the family

9. I will sure enjoy driving around in my bright red SSR

10.I will let my hubby pick out my sexy clothes..

I forgot to add one very important skinny dream to my list.... I will steal Keith Urban away from Nicole Kidman. I will make him mine! Good Lord he's hot!! Could she be any skinnnier?

After reading Bandster Brad's "One Year Anniversary" thread, I remembered this thread and thought it would be fun to revive it. So.. here it is.

*BUMP*

Oooo, need to think about this one...

I'll stand in the middle of the shopping centre and think about which clothes store I want to go in first - rather than heading to the only one I can buy from now.

I'll wear more make up, not because I want people to look at me but because I dont mind if they do.

I'll get hubby to take me round Europe and we can walk places together (this is his dream too:) )

I'll buy spa fixings for my bath that I'll then be able to sit in.

I'll have a huge party and be centre of attention (you guys all invited).

I'll buy some tailored clothes instead of loosest, baggest available.

I'll get hubby to carry me to bed!

I'll definitely go for one horse ride in my life

And, I'll just enjoy being able to do simple things without having to think if I am able to do them first.

Ok here it goes....

1. I will stop hearing family members asking if I'm still losing...or why am I not losing?

2. I wont feel like people are looking at me when I am out in public with my boyfriend and wonder why he's dating a fat chick.

3. I will never step foot into Lane Bryant or ask another sales lady at a department store where the "Womens or Plus Size" department is.(stolen)

4. I Will go into The Gap, American Eagle, Express, Limited, banana Republic without feeling like everyone is looking at me like "what is SHE doing in here?".(stolen)

5. Have my dream wedding and feel beautiful in my dream wedding dress.

6. Have healthy pregnancies someday then be the best mom I possibly can be.

7. Be a "hot" mom and "sexy" wife-someday

8. Show my sister how great being healthy is and hope she wants to be like her little sister.

9. Go into the mall and not have to tell my boyfriend I don't fit into their clothes when he asks if I want to go into a certain "hip" store.

10. Be happy

I will:

1. Go whitewater rafting. I've always wanted to do this but don't want to sink the raft.

2. Go to Disneyworld (my favorite place) and not worry if I'm going to fit in the seats on my favorite rides and wonder how on earth I'm going to get through their turnstiles without getting stuck and embarrassing myself.

3. Not worry about making a drs. appointment because I know they will weigh me.

4. Go horseback riding.

5. Go back to Hawaii and sit on the beach in my bathing suit and not wear a cover up.

6. Buy a bicycle and actually ride it.

7. Not worry about sitting next to someone who gives you the "look" (especially on a bus or plane) screw them!

8. Fit in a booth at a restaurant comfortably and order whatever I want without other diners staring at you.

9. Travel more with someone or without them. I want to see the world!

10. Breath normally when I walk up even the smallest incline. No more huffing and puffing!!!!!!!!!!

I will:

1. Go whitewater rafting. I've always wanted to do this but don't want to sink the raft.

2. Go to Disneyworld (my favorite place) and not worry if I'm going to fit in the seats on my favorite rides and wonder how on earth I'm going to get through their turnstiles without getting stuck and embarrassing myself.

3. Not worry about making a drs. appointment because I know they will weigh me.

4. Go horseback riding.

5. Go back to Hawaii and sit on the beach in my bathing suit and not wear a cover up.

6. Buy a bicycle and actually ride it.

7. Not worry about sitting next to someone who gives you the "look" (especially on a bus or plane) screw them!

8. Fit in a booth at a restaurant comfortably and order whatever I want without other diners staring at you.

9. Travel more with someone or without them. I want to see the world!

10. Breathe normally when I walk up even the smallest incline. No more huffing and puffing!!!!!!!!!!

so many......

I WILL RUN AGAIN because I CAN

I WILL FEEL PROUD AGAIN because I AM

I WILL BE A GOOD EXAMPLE TO MY CHILDREN

I WILL FEEL GOOD because I WILL

My no so secret skinny life

I wont be the “ safe Girl” when I go out with my hot girlfriends.

I stop wondering if people are looking at me and thinking she really should not be eating that.

I wont wear a swim suit with a skirt attached ie “ My dancing hippo suit”

Sunbathe topless in Mexico.

Wear a corset and mini skirt with confidence that I’m not “rolling” out of

it.

Take a yoga class without leaving in tears because I can’t reach my toes because my belly is in the way.

Stop having back pain

Take public speaking classes (a life long dream)

Take a salsa dancing class

Go to more Broadway plays because its more comfortable to sit in those tiny seats.

Buy cute matching bras and underwear that doesn’t look like it is a cover for you spare tire.

Stop think wow that’s a cute outfit I wonder if it comes in a 3X ?

( There’s a reason it doesn’t I’m told)

Dance the night away with my friends without getting winded halfway through the first song.

I remember this thread from when it was originally posted. I didn't post because I really couldn't think of any good secret skinny dreams. But since I've lost some weight and some sizes, I've realized that I really wasn't able to do some things that have become important to me.

1-I want to be able to shop in a "normal" sized store and buy clothes that not only fit me but look darn good. It doesn't have to be anything special like Gap or banana Republic or Old Navy. I just don't want to ever have to look at the big "W" behind my clothes again. Right now, I'm on the edge. So it's confusing to go to stores. Some don't carry 18. The Women's section doesn't always have 16W. Frustrating.

2-I want to wear sexy, matching undies and bras without my rolls and lumps hanging out. I don't have to get them anyplace special and I don't need anyone to see them. I know they're there and that's all I need to boost my confidance.

3-I do want people to notice me, not for how fat I am but for who I am and how I hold myself. I can learn to have the confidance to look them straight in the eye and smile.

4-I want to be able to walk in something other than flats and tennis shoes. I don't need 4 inch heels, just something a little feminine.

5-Once I get to goal, and I know I will someday.....I will get on my knees and thank God for sending me down this path and giving me this wonderful tool that has changed my life.