Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help. Weird Pains. Tight Stomach, Fatigue

What could this be?? I've been having stomach pain for about a year, have seen my regular doctor who referred me to a GI doctor. Had a endoscopy that found I had an ulcer that was healing. My GI put me on Omeprazole and just wants me to keep taking it.

The reason I saw the GI was because one night I get SHARP shooting pains in my abdomen/stomach, they hurt so bad I was almost falling down. They would hurt so much, then nothing. They seemed totally random. Now I have these weird pains, almost hard to describe. I feel like my entire abdomen is tight. I am getting mild shooting pains randomly. I felt slight pain underneath my skin at the muscle level I'm guessing yesterday and some parts of my stomach were sore.

I am so uncomfortable right now and I'm freaking out. In addition to the stomach issues I feel very fatigued, and almost like I feel when I usually have a bad cold or the flu coming on. I've had trouble eating since my last fill but if I REALLY take small bites and I usually chew 50+ times, and I take my time, I can get some tender meats down. A few weeks ago I had a terrible time eating and I threw up a couple times a day for a few days.

All in all, I am worried. I have constant discomfort, and periodic random pains. Sharp shooting pains, more dull pains. All kinds of pain!!! I just feel like something is wrong inside. Am I blowing this out of proportion or should I go see my doctor? The thing is I live in VA now and my surgeon is in NJ. It's a 5 hour trip to get to him. Could this be a slippage or something? I'm scared TBH and it's freaking me out.

I haven't had surgery yet, but I am a nurse and Sharp pain is a sign from God that something is terribly wrong. Go to the emergency room!

If you've had trouble eating since your last fill, it is time to consider an unfill. Pain should not be a daily event. See your surgeon, see an GI doc, see your primary care doc. See ANYONE until you get the answer. A band that is too tight can cause pain.

Is the ulcer still present? Is that what is causing the pain? If not, be seen. Find a surgeon in your are who will see you. Contact your surgeon and see if you can have your records transferred. He or she may even know someone in your new area to refer you to.

Well I called the on call Doctor for my surgeon and he told me to go see my surgeon or go to an ER. I am not having the shooting pains currently. I don't have a car so even getting to the ER is a problem. I'm calling my surgeon tomorrow morning and hoping to God he can squeeze me in some time Tuesday, since I will be making the trip up there on Monday. If he can't see me any time that week I think then I will go to the ER closest to him. I really hope something is resolved by Tuesday. I just have this feeling, like I know something is wrong, and I can only assume all this pain is my body telling me. Hopefully I will get some action taken in the next few days.

Thanks for the responses.

Hoping your ok. All the best to u. When was your Surgery? Isn't there a WLs you could find near you? Good luck. Keep us posted.