Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days Into My New Life!

Hi everyone! Just had my surgery 5 days ago and am having a hard time adjusting. I did not prepare myself as much as I should have. I was hoping that there are some other people around the same stage as me who can share some advice?

I'm a young mom of 2 and really had a hard time losing weight after both pregnancies. I know this is just a tool to help me with my weight loss goals and that I am the deciding factor in the end. I'm feeling kind of down because I am getting hungry now, and whenever I are or smell food I get really upset. So much so my husband and kids have to eat when I'm upstairs.

This doesn't feel right or fair! Help/ suggestions?

Hang in there. It really does get better. The first week and into the next I would take a nap because I was so hungry. Once you can eat some pureed and mushy food you will do better. It gets much easier.

Yes, this too shall pass. Realize this is the most difficult part, just stay in your path. Today I broke 200 lbs and it's so worth it!

Sending prayers your way, I hope it goes well!!

Sorry I accidentally hit the send buttom.

I had surgery 5 wks ago and love my fitness pal program. I downloaded it to my phone and IPad and I have learned what to eat and to stay within my calories. I log my meals and exercise and it has been a real eye opener.

What saved me in the early stages was having the sugar free pudding, Jello and popsicles on hand. If you're hungry have another Protein drink. I was starving and was mad as well when others were eating. My husband eats everything and has never had a wt problem! My doctor told me to have an extra Protein shake if I am hungry. Once you add food you hunger gets better, but this stage requires more preparing. I think I finally have it done after 5 weeks.

Hang in there wearing clothing I haven't worn in years is way better than any food I have put in my mouth!

Get up each day determined to make this work. You will have a better quality of life and you are teaching your children how to have a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck

Sorry I accidentally hit the send buttom.

I had surgery 5 wks ago and love my fitness pal program. I downloaded it to my phone and IPad and I have learned what to eat and to stay within my calories. I log my meals and exercise and it has been a real eye opener.

What saved me in the early stages was having the sugar free pudding' date=' Jello and popsicles on hand. If you're hungry have another Protein drink. I was starving and was mad as well when others were eating. My husband eats everything and has never had a wt problem! My doctor told me to have an extra Protein shake if I am hungry. Once you add food you hunger gets better, but this stage requires more preparing. I think I finally have it done after 5 weeks.

Hang in there believe wearing clothing I haven't worn in years is way better than any food I have put in my mouth!

Get up each day determined to make this work. You will have a better quality of life and you are teaching your children how to have a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck[/quote']

Add me: teachone

I'm a week out now and after a rough weekend am starting to feel better and felt hungry for the first time this morning. What a wierd thing! I have my post-op tomorrow and am hoping to be able to start mushies.

Feel free to add me. From what I understand, from this point to where we get some restriction with fills is the toughest. I'm 50 pounds down from my highest weight in February so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can do this. It is hard sitting down and watching the family eat while I sip on Soup, though!

Slow and steady, right?

It will not only get better, it will be so very worth it. Just follow what the doc told you, get the water/fluids in! This helps with the hunger and it helps to make the band work correctly as well as help you heel. Don't get down on yourself the journey is hard for many people. Move around often, this will help with gas; the kids will help that happen. ;) If you take a step off of the path, don't worry just go back to doing the right thing. See your doc as you should for fills and you will do fine. Walk when the family eats, if you can. Stay strong and congrats.