Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share You Weight Loss Please :)

Hi

These ladies have given a lot of great direction..... Main concept for me: The band is a tool but we still have to put effort into it. I was banded 3/30/07. I lost 120 lbs. and key for me was what many have said in the previous posts:

1. Journal my food in myfitnesspal APP. Calories add up in little bites and licks.

2. Drink lots of Water

3. Eat Protein first

4. Exercise

5. Only weigh myself 1X a month. The scale was making me crazy and made me eat if it didn't say what I wanted it to say. And of course I wanted to lose 20 lbs if I was good one day (just joking) but y'all know what I mean.

6. Followed people on this website that went before me that we're successful and tried to follow what they did. I also saw people that weren't successful and tried to avoid what they were doing... I didn't wait for the band the be a "magic" cure.

7. I stayed always from negative/argumentative people on the site. We are all in this journey and there are many paths to follow... Not just one right way.

When I did fall off the wagon (ice cream being the main culprit) as I did in my journey.... I would immediately start journalling again and tightening up my meals.

I still struggle up and down with 10 lbs.... So recently I started coming on the site again for strength from people on here. It seems like the people on now are more positive then when I started. That energy can be contagious in a good way.

Best of luck and keep on keepin' on in your journey

Josie

I was banded June 5 th and down 39 pounds so far. Since I started my weight loss journey I am down 123 altogether I lost weight through TOPS (Take off pounds sensibly) but put 40 pounds back off. I am loving now being able to get back into old clothes. I think I kept too many pairs of pants since my closet is full!

I was banded on 10/19/2011 and I am down 83 pounds!

Great news dawn--, Dec 22, 2011- 41 lbs... still have 40 more to go-- short of my 1/2 way mark at 6 mo,,, but will keep plugging at it, 4.5 fill

I was banded April 13, 2012 and I'm down just about 50 pounds!

I had an unfill in 7/10 cause I was preggers. Had baby 1/31/11 and had gained most of my weight back. ( I had lost 120lbs) . So, had a fill 3/12/12 and have lost back a total of 102lbs. Still going down!

-Cordelia, banded 1/08

I was banded on February 20th of this year, so 5 months and 8 days out and I've lost 65 pounds with about another 100 to go!

I have lost 108 pounds and it has been a true journey. It has been worth the ride though. Hang in there it will get better with time. Some days are harder than others, but consistency is the key. We all fall off, but we must jump back on. Try to stay focused. You can view my you tube video. I think it might help you along the way. Let me send you the line. Honestly the easiest way to view is to go to you tube, and type in youjustwaitnsee. I do some all natural stuff that has helped along the way as well. I could not do the fills as much, because the restriction kept me from eating so now I am 108 down and just want to lose a little more. I am happy and healthier I can tell you that. Enjoy the video!

We're Twins ! I was banded Monday too! I don't think Ive lost any yet but I hope it starts soon. Dr appt wednesday & my friend got his 1st fill on his 1 week appointment. Keep me posted how you're doing.

I was banded on 12/19/11 and I am down 75 lbs! Its amazing how great I am feeling!

My oh my its incredible how everyone has been so succesful in there weight loss...its sometimes very discouraging seeing other peoples having issues w/the band....but these "stories" are amazing & so awesome it such a blessing to hear everyones journey ^_^

I was banded in May 2012, Im down a total of 60 lbs so far. Good luck!

I was banded 12/30/11 and am down 53 pounds.

I was banded on May 23rd 2012, and I'm down 77 pounds as of today.