Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mental Game

Can't get over how much of amentsl game gaining weight is, for me at least. I'm not even hungry and all I think about is food. I don't know how to stop :/ I have a sweet tooth and have to figure something out that I can eat that's not too bad, suggestions?

i think about food alot also. but i also think about how much weight i lost and how much better i am feeling. that usually works for me. but if i am really (hungry) i drink something or eat something healthy. (a high Protein Bar (watch for the cal intake) 2oz cheese, piece of fruit or something like that. Hang in there, you are doing GREAT.

I agree with Carolinagirl..I too get those cravings and hunger issues. That is a battle. They put the band around your stomach - not your brain! The cravings are still there. I eat a cheese stick, a couple of slices of apple (with Peanut Butter on them), drink flavored sparkling Water (solves my sweet tooth) or a bite or two of deli turkey (rolled like a cigar). The band is just a tool and you still have to work with it. Somedays will be harder than others but I for one would not go back to the old me for anything. I am 1 yr post op and loving the new me - down 104 and counting. You can do this. Just hang in there kiddo !

Melinda in Florida

Thanks :) I appreciate your support! I think unjust need to stock up on go to Snacks like cheese sticks, like u mentioned. Thanks again!

Some days are just hard String cheese. Or a Protein Drink (from Costco) helps me often. I think one of the tricks is to reduce food exposure. For me. No cookbook. No Food channel. No Tv in large periods. Commercials are good at selling food! I like this site too.

A walk is great but often not as easy for me to plan Working out is great I only go 2 x a week. But it helps a lot !!!

I am struggling with this exact thing myself right now. I know things will get better for us, we just have to stick to our bubs and hang in there! Good luck.

I love how "short and chuky" explained it! They put a band around our stomachs and not around our brain!! I too struggle with food, but hey...I wouldn't be banded if food was easy to say no to! The easiest thing for me to do is to preoccupy my mind with something else. Granted it doesn't always work, but most of the time it does! I take my dogs for a walk, or work on teaching them a new trick! I also get on here, Facebook, and my fitness pal a lot! Maybe try to look into your local rec center and see if they have any fun workout classes! I love Zumba and spin class! It also helps if I create a schedule for myself of all my daily activities including eating. Last, the biggest thing that helps me is to plan out my meals for a whole day the night before. It seems as though if I don't have a plan or a schedule, then I completely blow it. Keep up the great work and hang in there!

Lauren

I am recently banded and have not had any fills yet so food is still an issue sometimes. I have a few cute outfits I bought a size or two smaller than what I can wear and when I get hungry I think about how much I want to fit into that smaller size. I keep one outfit out of the closet so its a constant reminder. It helps me from messing up and eating something I know I shouldn't.

Another trick I have found is that I have an app on my phone to track calorie intake and calories burned with exercise. I make it a competition to keep the intake lower than the burned. Good luck!