Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size Goal Instead Off Weight.

Everyone always talks about weight horrors but I want to build muscle too so its it bad to make size goals instead of weight? Does anyone do this

Well, I would be happy if I would consistently fit into a size 12/14, regardless of my weight. I don't think there's anything wrong with it! Might save you some stress over the numbers on a scale!

My nutritionist asked what my goal was, she said it could be a number or a clothing size, it didn't matter. I went with pant size. I think your goal can be whatever you want it to be.

I haven't weighed less than 200 pounds since I was about 14, so I don't have a weight goal really, because I have no idea what would be a realistic, maintainable weight for me. I just want to be able to shop at regular stores.

I'm currently in a 24/26 :(

I would love to fit in a 8/10

i am in a 22/20 but i have a pair of old navy shorts i bout like five years ago and got to wear once. i seriously just want to be able to wear shorts without them riding up all the time

me too. I'm a size 22/24 pants and I would love to be a size 16. I remember last when I was a size 16 and I was unhappy being that size, I dropped down to a size 8 by pretty much starving myself and that's when my yo yoing really began. Up and down , Up and down and then just up up up. So I feel that size sixteen is doable and maintainable with the help of the lap band.

It makes a lot of sense, although you can be surprised by your body shape. I always wanted to be an Australian size 10 (which is probably too skinny at 5ft 10, an American 6). Well, to get there, I would have to be significantly underweight.

And the other problem is the variation in sizes. I actually do have some size 10 things. I can easily get into a 10 on top. But at a size 12 (which is a US 8) which is my normal size, I have quite significant ribs showing in my chest, collarbones etc, so I just have a largish frame. I never would have thought that, thinking that a 12 was a fairly largish size.

My initial goal was a size 14..then a 12 now a 10..I agree taking away the weight goal does decrease some stress...but now i've figured out that 12's are way different(as i'm sure other sizes are too) are different depending on what store and different cuts and materials..if I make it to a 10 i'm sure the bottom part will be a struggle as I am very hippiee.

I reguarly monitor my weight loss on the scale, but my realy inspiration is what size pants I can fit in!!! I am 3 months post-op. I started at 211 lbs. and am currently at 179 lbs. It seems like the weight is coming off slower now, but I can see the changes in my body. I was normally wearing a size 14 and am slipping into some of my size 10's now :-) That to me is the most exciting thing!!!!

Everyone's body is so different & watching the changes is what motivates me!!! Good luck ~ keep up the good work!

I would love to be in a size 12 by April when I walk again for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. I have a weight goal of 175 but if I'm not in the size 12 at that point then I'll continue to lose weight until I reach it. guess everyone is right, having a size goal instead of a weight goal will be less stress. ;)

I am fluctuating between 168 and 172 and can wear anywhere between 8 and 12 depending on the fit. I am pretty happy with that and im not even at my goal yet which was 164 (normal bmi). But I also had a goal to wear size 10 and I have met that...

I may try to get down to 160. Not sure yet. I am trying to see if I can maintain this weight for awhile. I have been this since about February.

I would love to be a size 8! Just because I'm so short. But I would love to be under 200lbs. Before June next year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

Thats what i did put my goal at a size 11/12 in pants not the scale weight..once im able to fit in a size 11/12 jeans i will be one happy camper!

Right now I'm focused on sizes, simply because I hit my highest size limit (which for me was a 20), and I want to be able to fit into the 15/16 clothes I've bought within the last year. My weight goal is 139, but my size goal is 11/12. It's just hard to pinpoint for me because I find so many discrepancies in sizes out there, ya know? I know my body type is broad and muscular, so it really varies from brand to brand (I can still fit in 14s of some brands and 20s of others...)