Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

I'm not sure but this has been my outlet. I'll tell you this has been one of the hardest 6 weeks I've had in a very long time. My youngest daughter is going through a divorce and moved back in with us the day after my surgery. My oldest daughter is having a lot of problems which I can't go into but it's been very stressful! I told my husband it feels like I went to sleep for my surgery everything was great, I woke up and everything was a mess. My emotions have been all over the place, has anyone else had that problem. I feel like I'm an emotional basket case and that's just not like me.

On the plus side I got my Leslie Sanson DVD today and man what a work out! I feel better after getting myself moving but I'll be honest I did not make it through even half of it (baby steps LOL)

Please if you are a person that believes in prayers (I do) keep me and my family in yours we are having some trying times. I am praying for all of us in this journey, we can do this!

Linda,

I will most certainly pray for you. And I will pray for your daughters, too. I can tell you my life is full of God's grace and answered prayer. We have had many struggles here at the Gombosky house. But we always manage to wak through everyday because of our faith. And being a few pounds thinner is always helpful. I am so happy to hear you are working out!! Keep up the good work.

Melissa

Linda....QUICK reply here - more later...but wanted to add my voice to Melissa's...YES, I believe in prayer, so SISTER, you are on The List! :) God's grace is sufficient...

I'm off for my walk but wanted to chime in and encourage you, along w/ Melissa's note...

YIPPEE that you got your DVD...yes, it IS a work out, and YES, "Baby Steps"... and you can do it!! I have about 6-7 of her DVDs...they are great and will def motivate.

Okay...chin up. Heart toward Heaven...God hears you - You are inscribed on the palm of His hand!

Hugs,

Kim

Morning! I am so happy to report I an another pound down! That makes a solid 20. I had such a difficult first several weeks but the last two have gotten a little bit easier. The second fill seemed to be the ticket for me. I feel restriction and it is helpful as I try to stay around 1200 calories. I know sometimes I am going over but seems to be working for now. January 4th is our big family trip so I am hoping to get another 20 off before that time. Have a good day everyone. And Linda- I lifted you and your girls up in prayer this morning. Hope today is a good one for you all.

Best,

Melissa

Melissa!! THAT IS AWESOME! What a great feeling, eh?? Oh my goodness. I'm right there with you...I "allowed" myself to step on the scale, fully prepared to see the same "207" and 1/10s... but it was 204.8!! YIPPEE!! So, if we round DOWN, I'm at 20, too!!

Wearing a pr of capris today that were off limits all summer long!! Now, they're not "loose" by any means (YET!), but comfortable. Its so great to SEE it, isn't it??

Linda, I'm praying for you, too...so now you've got two more "pray-ers" on your side! And I just know the Lord is at work!!

I echo Melissa...HAVE A GREAT DAY!

--Kim

Thank you so much!! Melissa & Kim-great job!!!

Congrats on the 20 lbs, Kim! That is wonderful. I am not having the best day of eating. I had already consumed 900 calories by 10 am this morning. I bought some Soup that was just yummy and I ate the whole thing! I've had some stuck issues the last couple of days and was just getting so hungry and couldn't eat anything. I feel fine now. Lets just hope I can manage the rest of the day wtihout wanting too many more calories. UGH.

I hope you are all doing well. Perfect weather here in Washington. And I am not getting much work done!!

Melissa...we'll all have days like that. I notice it esp near my cycle...could it be that?? Either way, its a DAY. Not a lifestyle anymore!! So, make the rest of the day good and you'll be fine.

I had to work today - giving time at an artist's co-op where I have some of my designs -- and didn't get a real lunch. I ate a Nature Valley Protein Bar on the way (at 10:45am), drank a Vitamin "zero" water...and when I was headed home, I was FAMISHED.

When I got here, I mixed up some taco meat, FF refried Beans and about 1/4c mexican cheese...warmed it up and made a "dip" out of it, scooped it onto a few "Baked Tostitos" along w/ some salsa...OH YUM!! Not sure what the calories were, but it couldn't have been too bad. But oh did it taste good. Mexican cuisine is my FAVE, so anytime I can conjur up something along that line...I'm in!!

My go-to treat has been a sugar-cone crammed full of Rainbow Sherbet...delish!! Its cold and sweet but no fat!! I figure I have probably a little more than 1/2 cup on the sherbet (which is a serving), but its really the only "sweet" I allow myself in a day. Hits the spot. The cone is nearly nothing for calories.

So, got in a 2-mile walk this AM with my husband, and will likely do another 2 this evening, either with my neighbor (who I've been walking evenings with), or hubby again. Not really looking forward to it, but I sure do like the results. I know I am sleeping better, slimming up my butt and hips, and probably feeling more energetic, too. IT'S WORTH IT!.

Hoping you all have a great Thursday evening!!

--K.

Hi, I am new to this group. I had my surgery July 11, 2012. I have lost 34 lbs. I feel good. The real problem after surgery was weak & sick at my stomach. Other then that it wasnt bad at all. I had a hard time getting in enough Protein & Water. I am doing better with both. I was glad to read that other people have those days that they want to eat more then other days. I thought it was just me. I am really glad I found this group. Please keep me in your prayers & I will do the same.

Marie

Welcome Marie, you are goint to love this group!! It's the best!! You're doing great 34 lbs WOW! Yes we all seem to have those days we don't get enough or get to much.

Linda

Marie...WELCOME! Your story sounds JUST LIKE MINE!! I was so sick for the first 12 days I was sure I'd made the biggest mistake of my life...begged God to help me or kill me...LOL

My band was placed July 31...I'm down 20. Feeling great. And yep, we all still have 'those' days when we can't seem to find what satisfies...but I'm proud to say I have had few of those...really getting the hang of what my body is telling me...and excited to know it will work (HAS worked!) and will keep moving in the right direction.

We are a small group - only about 5 of us who post regularly...but please post as often as you feel the need...someone will reply pretty quick. We have found a great source of encouragment here and its actually been FUN to share this walk w/ others who're in the same time-frame. That's really helpful, I think...

I'll be SO excited to see 34 lbs off...YIPPEE FOR YOU!! We Celebrate with you. What are some of your NON-SCALE VICTORIES? (NSVs) ?? I love hearing about the changes we are each seeing in our bodies - besides the scale. Sometimes, FOR ME AT LEAST, the scale is really not my friend.

i keep watching for those other tell-tale signs....this evening, for example, I noticed I can actually see my wrist bone!! LOL It truly took me by surprise. And when I lie down, I can feel my sternum!! Sounds goofy, I know, but there's been so much padding there for so long, I was afraid I actually had some kind of growth! LOL Silly me...But, IT MATTERS!!

This is a great group, Marie...please jump in often...we'll try to keep you on the right path - accountability and encouragement! WE CAN DO THIS!! Once and for all!!

Blessings!

--Kim

Welcome Marie!! This is a great group I know you will love it, everyone in here is so supportive and we are all going through the same things ;)

I'm losing my mind today, the scale didn't move at all this week I'm still at 25 and my Dr wants me to loose 40 by oct 8 that only like 3 weeks from now, I'm so stressed out, I notice that my legs are starting to get a little jiggly if that a word lol and my stomach is getting smaller, but still I need to achieve that goal, I don't want to feel like a failure again.

I hope everyone is doing great this weekend and I'm really not a preayer buy I'll keep you all in my thoughts :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Kim, yes sometimes the scale isn't my friend either. NSV - some clothes that were too tight that now fit, easier to tie my shoes, my grandson has more room on my lap (my fav), more energy.

What I really miss in carbs is my popcorn. The bread, rice & potatoes I don't miss too much. Does anyone eat popcorn?

Marie...I eat 'some' popcorn...only a few bites. Doesn't seem to give me any trouble...my youngest son is 8 - he is a popcorn HOUND (just like my dad!!)...I will have a couple handfuls from his bowl, but that's it. My philosophy: have SOME, just don't over do it. Works for me.

Lucy...girl, getting stressed will NOT be a good thing here. While I am NOT a doctor (don't play one on TV and didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!)...it seems like an awful lot of pressure for your Dr to be putting on you. Unless your band is REALLY restrictive, then this is akin to starving yourself.

Focus on eating RIGHT...STOPPING when you feel the hunger go away...that's what I've been doing. Then just GET AWAY from the table/kitchen. OF COURSE I could eat more - that's why I am where I am today - but you have to learn to HEAR what your tummy is telling you. Sounds kid'ish I know, but its what I have to tell myself. "You ARE full enough..." and remind me that I will eat again, something I like, and this is enough.

Do whatever it takes to get yourself talked into making those good decisions...I say DO THE RIGHT THINGS and the RIGHT THINGS WILL FOLLOW!! Of course its not easy - but none of us expected it would be.

If it were me, I'd be eating myself silly w/ that kind of pressure. We eat because we're stressed and we're stressed because we're eating. Foodies can't seem to get out of that cycle - until something SNAPS and we just do it.

NOW IS YOUR TIME. Do what you know to do...and if the scale doesn't move 15 more lbs in 3 week (that's a ton)...then Celebrate where it does move...because odds are, IT WILL MOVE DOWNWARD...and THAT, my dear, is worth celebrating - I don't care who ya'are!

Enough lecture for one morning!! We're behind you and hate to think any of us are worrying ourselves sick over this weight loss...IT WILL COME. Faster for some than for others...I'm trying to focus on the BIG PICTURE...that yes, this TOOL will work WITH ME, and the weight WILL come off. Its just not going to be overnight - nor should it be...I'm trying to be kind to me and my body. The faster it comes off, the less likely my skin will re-bound. And frankly, I'm pretty sure plastic surgery is NOT in my near future. I don't want to have to fold up 5 yards of sagging belly-droop...ugh. So, the slower and more gradual - the better!!

Hugs, Lucy!!

K.

Hi Friends! I had a couple bad days of eating and finally faced the scale today. I am up about 1 pound which i am not stressing. I just need to buckle down this weekend and get back on track. I am actually feeling pretty good. I have a group of five high school girlfriends who come visit me once or twice a year. They are coming on October 4 and I am hoping to be down a bit more by then. I am excited to show off my 20 lbs loss! Maybe 25 by then. We're going to see Madonna and dress up like the 80's when we were teenagers. I'm excited!

Both my boys have football games today so I am washing game jersey's and making sure everyone is fed and ready. Looking fowrard to the day.

LInda, how are you? I have prayed for you and your daughter's everyday. I hope you are experiencing the grace of God through the middle of difficulty. Keep moving forward.

ok. Have a good one!

Melissa