Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

I have been 80 lbs heavier than I was when I married in 1983...have NEVER lost it all. Most was 31 with WW back in 07...put it back on in less than a year. And its been with me ever since.

My goal is to lose 70. I just don't think its reasonable for me to weigh 140 lbs at 50 y/o and after 4 kids....I think that's too much...so I'll be thrilled w/ 70. I've got a LONG way to go. This is really going slow, and honestly, it just feels like a starvation diet. If it weren't for the Protein in the Protein Shake, I'd be in a heap of trouble nutrition-wise.

I am trying to stay on top of the Water, but don't do well every day. Today is better than most.

I think 20 lbs is a reasonable goal for any of us, in 4 mos time. More than that will be pure bliss, but 5 lbs/month should be do'able, don't you think?? I have been walking every day, for about 40 mins, briskly. Don't know the distance for sure, but figure at least 1.5 miles...maybe a bit more. Hope to increase the distance next week!!

The hub and I are thinking of joining some friends for a cruise in Jan...so I'll be tickled to death if I could lose 20-25 more by then. I will have not been that "small" since the birth of my second daughter in 1990. WOW....I might even have the courage to dance in the poolside line-dancing!! We took a cruise in November...I wanted to join the line-dancing SO BAD, but was too embarrassed. Gee....all the fun you miss out on when you're fat!!

SO, we're not staying "here" are we???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....its time to get on with it!!

So, keep your eyes on the prize and know that doing the right things NOW will be so so so worth it when you are on that beach and able to get up w/o that wench!! :>) I'm with ya!!

How's it going, everyone?? Okay weekend, so far?? Okay here...got a short walk in last evening...beating the severe rain we got here in Indy. Then did the full monty this evening w/ the Hub.

He fixed grilled shrimp...it was great! I had 5 large shrimp and a few green beans...it was just right.

I think I'm in the walking groove enough that I hate to miss one...that's great news, isn't it? Took me a month, but I'm here!! I must be feeling better overall, tho I can't pinpoint it...still, I just don't want to NOT go for a walk...so I'm making progress in the BRAIN dept. That's one step closer to taking FULL charge of this change!!

Just wanting to hear from you girls...let us know what you might be struggling with this weekend. In our pasts, it might have been a license to cut loose...how've you been doing??

--Kim

meant to add that I'm down another pound!! 17 now!! Only 57 to go!!

All is well in WA. I lost one more pound and now have 56 to go. I know its a lot but I am feeling encouraged today. The second fill has been fabulous for me. I definately feel restricted and have to eat slowly. I am trying to eat healthy and follow all the rules. But the band is helping me feel full. Yesterday I had a couple glasses of wine instead of dinner (not good I know). But I am right back on track today. I went shopping and the loss of this initial weight has me down one size. It was so nice! I just bought a few inexpensive items because I don't want to waste money.

Tonight I am BBQing for my family. I just started walking with friends on M, W, and F so tomorrow morning I have my exercise group! Kim- keep on going! You are so encouraging. Thank you!!

Melissa....awesome news!! I'm looking at your ticker and I will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy when I'm where you are!!

I keep thinking about getting off 8 more lbs and getting down to where I was on my most successful WW journey 5 years ago...I'll be so excited!

Don't you love wearing a smaller size? That is so great...good for you!! and I am totally with you on not wanting to spend the $$..doesn't make sense. Do you have a Goodwill near you?? That is usually a good bet for me to get a few cheap things for the 'in between'... because no one wants to go around in baggy, too-big clothes. Makes me feel frumpy...don't know about you!?

I desperately need a couple new bras...the ones I have are old and absolutely skanky...so I'm going to do what I can to get by, w/o seriously neglecting the girls! Ha... still, don't want to spend too much because I really AM planning to buy some beautiful things when I get to goal!! And I expect THOSE will cost a few pennies!

anyway, glad to hear, too, that you are walking. I got in 4 miles today!! I have two routes from my front door, and each are 2 miles. Went on one w/ my hub and boys (on their bikes) this morning after church, then the other by myself this evening. The weather here in IN is absolutely gorgeous...low 70s today, and 40s tonight! I'm lovin' it!!

So, keep up the good work. BTW, I friended you on FB...Kim Hamel Driver Thomas (maiden name, first married name - widowed in 1996, and current married name)...I hope you'll accept!!

Blessings!

Kim

I walked this morning and we did a few large hills. It felt great afterwards but hard at the time! I am back to work today and have to drive to Seattle fo rmeetings and a dinner. It will be a challenge staying on plan and still eating. Pray for me. And I think I am going to look at clothes and pick out a fabulous "after" outfit so I can have something to aim for.

Today I am still at the same weight. Actually up about half a pound but I think that's normal- but soon I will be in the 180's and that's exciting. Best to everyone. Keep up the good work.

Melissa

Melissa...what a great start to your busy day!! I'm sure the rest will be, as they say, DOWN HILL!! ha!

As for dinner, what if you just asked for a box at the BEGINNING of your dinner, put in about 2/3 of your plate...then you eat only what's on your plate?? How awkward to open the box and eat out of that while you are still with your friends/colleagues!!?? Now, it'll take REAL control not to eat out of it when you're alone in the car!! LOL (oh believe me, I'VE DONE THAT!!)

One of our first outings recently, I totally avoided the DELICIOUS rolls...because I aleady knew they'd get stuck, so I just decided that that feeling was NOT worth it.

The other thing I'm learning is to SLOW DOWN. My gosh, do I eat fast. Its a hard habit to break...but important. Less chance of overeating!!

Anyway, you're off to a wonderful start. (the hub and I walked 2 miles this AM! -- all level ground, tho!)...so stay the course and do reward yourself w/ that new outfit! What a great idea!! For me, I have all kinds of "new" outfits hanging in my closet for when I get a few more lbs off...in fact, I've got one in mind for 10 more lbs!! I'd sure love to be wearing that in another month-6 weeks!!??

Happy Monday!

--Kim

Hello everyone!!! I'm so glad you all are doing great ;) Melissa I can wait to be where you are now!!! Kim I'm having the same problem, I need to learn to eat slow, I was doing great and haven't had a stuck episode but in the last two days I can only eat yougurt without the stuck feeling, I'm chewing and taking small bites but maybe my band is not having a good couple of days.

Last friday I went to a concert (Chayanne, Marc Anthony) it was greeeaat!! and I bought myself a new blouse for the concert, two sizes smaller!!! and it was from a "regular" store not a "plus size" store I was so happy :)

About the weight loss, I know that it is normal to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week, I had a dr.'s appt and he told me that he expected me to lose 18-20 lbs more by Oct 8!!! I will be so glad to lose 20 more lbs but, is he being realistic?

Well I hope you have a great week and keep the good work!!!!

Lucy! CONGRATS on that smaller shirt!! WOW...what a great feeling!! And what a fun evening to "celebrate" that new milestone...so happy for you!

I feel like it took me about 5 days to really notice that there was any change in my band (after last Tuesday's adjustment)....but I do wonder why it seems you're having trouble?? I hope it works its way out...but at the rate you're going, you WILL lose 18-20 lbs in a month!

THAT, tho, does seem a bit 'out there'...you'll have to really keep your calories on the low end of things, like around 900. Can you do that?? I don't think I've done that yet, esp when I was allowed to start eating.

It has been fun that people are starting to notice a change...went to a "Moms in Prayer" gathering today. Haven't seen these gals since before school was out in the spring...they could see my measley 17 lbs...that was fun. And a top I'm wearing today, while it was never tight, is noticeably looser.

I'm holding off buying anything new, at least for a while. I have several options in my closet as it is...tho I did mention to Melissa that Goodwill can be your best friend in these changing days....lots of decent things to be had for cheap...THEN when we reach our goals, we can (hopefully) indulge in some brand new things. What a great feeling, Lucy, to buy something in the "normal" range!! Love that!!

Got in a 2 mile walk this AM, and hope to do another this evening. Not going to punish myself if I don't, BUT I feel that I've got some momentum and I'd better take adavantage of it!

Have a great Monday!

Had my flouroscopic xray today they found my port and were able to get the fill in. HALLALUAH!!! I have a major headache but that's probably from stress of the last few days. I have lost a couple more pounds so I feel like I'm on my way now :)

Linda...HALLELUJAH, indeed!! This is great news! I'm sure you're right about the stress headache...it would affect me like that, too!!

So here's lookin' at you, kid!! :-)

You're on your way!!

--Kim

Linda those are great news!!! :)

Lucy,

I think you can do it! That's a pretty ambitious goal but imagine how fabulous you will feel. That would be at least one size smaller for you! I am really feeling much more restricted after my second fill. I am not sure what triggers my being able to eat some things and not others. I could barely eat a cup of yogurt for lunch but them had no problem eating salad for dinner.

And Linda, I am so happy they found your port. that sounds like a much better process.

Kim- way to go on all your walking. That's such a good thing! I slept in today but will walk tomorrow- I am trying for M, W, and F.

Have a good day everyone.

Thank you ladies, I really don't know what I would do without the encouragement I get here. :)

Aw, Linda...so great we found each other, eh?? Who actually started this thread, anyway??

I've been doing okay today...a bit munchy, and ate a couple things I shouldn't have, and now don't feel so great. But I'm done eating for the day...will get in a 2 mile walk this evening. Maybe I'll feel better. Feeling a bit sluggish right now...

Anyway, glad everyone is doing well. Keep on keepin' on!!

--Kim