Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good day to you all!

I wanted to share some good news. I woke up Sunday and weighed myself and realized I hit just a tad over my half way goal! I've lost 62 lbs! I started my pre-op diet in Feb 28th of this year. The Dr had put me on a 4 week shake diet. @ weeks of all shakes except a sensible dinner then 2 weeks full liquid. I lost 25 lbs in doing just that alone. I had my surgery March 28th and have lost 37 since. It's been an up and down journey that's for sure. Good days and bad days. Days with good restriction and days where I wanted to eat EVERYTHING in sight. Meeting with my dietitian really helped. When I saw her a few weeks ago she told me she has seen hundreds of patients and that I'm the most successful in such a short period of time that's she can remember seeing. That made my day and really helped get me back to being motivated! I saw her again earlier this week and she said she couldn't believe how different I looked in just a month since she last saw me.

I was so nervous to start this journey and kept looking for excuses to not go through with it, but like many have said, in this wonderful forum, that the only regret was not getting it done sooner. I couldn't be more thrilled with the results. It has happened so fast and I cant' believe the little things I'm noticing. Several nsv's. A few of them may be silly. For instance. One I've noticed is when I was at my heaviest using a regular sized public bathroom was so difficult. I was so uncomfortable and could barely open the door to get out sometimes. I always had to use the handicapped stall. Now I'm noticing I can fit in regular stalls with ease now! :-) I was able to paint my toenails the other night with them propped in the same chair seat that I was sitting in without being out of breath and stretching to reach because my big belly was in the way. These are a few of many I notice. They may sound silly but when you couldn't do them for so long it's amazing feeling to do what "regular" people can do that they take for granted.

I'm far from goal and I'm a bit nervous because this is the weight I usually have given up with in the past. I felt I could never get any smaller than this, but I'm determined this time. I do most of the work, but this little band has really been a great tool for me. I never understood what people meant in the beginning that it was only a tool if used properly. I totally get that now. I went from barely being able to get off the couch to actually wanting to get up early to go start my 3 mile walk.

Sorry for the long ramble, I just wanted to share my story and also give myself some accountability so I won't give up and hopefully maybe to encourage others who may be struggling right now. I've had a lot of encouragement from my surgical team, dietitian, friends, and family and I'm so grateful God's been holding my hand and giving me strength through it all when I really thought I had none of my own left. Well, I hope you all are having a blessed Thursday!

The first picture is about an hour before surgery. I look extra gross because of the wet shower hair on no makeup and the fact I was talking when my husband snapped the picture. I almost didn't post it because seeing it makes me cringe, sick to my stomach and want to cry my eyes out, but I ended up posting it because I want to remind myself I never want to go there again. The second one was taken this past Sunday after church. It's crazy how sometimes my mind doesn't see a difference in the mirror at all, I have to take old pics out sometimes to keep my mind in check. Anyone else go through that?post-208113-13813134201365_thumb.jpg post-208113-13813134201682_thumb.jpg

post-332736-13813140158031_thumb.jpg

post-332736-13813140159262_thumb.jpg

Awesome journey story!! Keep at it. You look fabulous!

Wow Great Job

I am so incredibly happy for you. Congratulations and you look great!

WOW!!! so motivating, thanks for sharing. I cannot wait until the day I can paint my own toe nails without having to fight my belly :) keep up the good work

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! you look so good, keep going!

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing!

You look great!

To answer your question - I'm 8 pounds from my original goal and 2 pounds below my surgeons goal. I'm wearing a 7/8 and sometimes even a 6 and I still don't see the difference unless I look at pictures and even then I have a hard time realizing my new size. It definitely takes time. Take lots of pictures along the way.

Recently I went to my bodygallery.com and search for pictures of women my height and weight and had my boyfriend find someone that looked similar to me, which also really helped.

Good luck!

You look awesome! Congrats

That is so great, I'm 10 lbs from my halfway point and I can't wait! You look awesome. I have been taking pictures of my journey- first it was weekly, now it's every several weeks- and boy, I compared my first picture at 284 lbs to my last picture at 220 (I'm 217.5 now, LOL)- boy I could see it. I can't see it really looking in the mirror.....

I caught that Bon Jovi reference. :)

AWESOME !! Very inspiring !! Good luck as you start the 2nd half of ur journey.