Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

110 pounds down...please add me to the list.

i don't really "diet" anymore...i eat what i want only small amounts..i do make better choices now than i did before the band....i exercise every day and that is my secret to success!!!

i cold not be happier with my band.....

I am down 180 lbs and still going Been at this for awhile. Love my band and even mo5re love the support and guidance I recieve from thye group at GETBANDEDNOW.COM they told me they would be there for me 24/7 and they have many times. I love them They were the best decision I made.

I am down 180 lbs. I eat a piece of toast with a bit of butter and jam with one scrambled egg in the am.

Then coffee with protien powder till I get 40 - 60 grams in.

Then I drink clear Water all day. At five pm I eat a small lunch say Some BBQ/d Salmon with garlic and lemon sauce About 4 oz maybe more say 6 oz MAX! Then I focus on clearing my pouch VERY IMPORTANT!!! I drink more clear water till bed time. This was a personal program given to me by the Nutritionalsit from GETBANDEDNOW.COM God he is the best! Calls me at home emails me regularly and this is years after getting banded. YEARS!! Getbandednow.com saved my life. I was 58 BMI 58!! Its not the fee its the after care and long term support. You can pay more but you can't get better.... Really

Yes 100 is possible you can do it. I did it in less than 10 months not even a year and have lost over 130 pounds. It’s realistic and anybody can do it. I was banded on September 19<SUP>th</SUP> 2006 in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Bakersfield</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">CA</st1:State></st1:place> by Dr Naik and everything has been great. I do work out and also watch what I eat. Here are my numbers

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Banded 9-19-06

Weight= 360

Current 7-4-07

Weight=228

I have lost a lot and am loving it.

beforeafter.JPG

little photoshop editing in the background :clap2:

Oooh! Oooh! It really isn't going to seem real until I see the number on the scale a few days in a row, but I made it! YAY!!!!!!!!!

This is a great thread! It really is motivating to see all of you who have lost so much weight. Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!!

First of all I find this site very difficult to get around, I havent lost any weight yet as I am just 3 weeks out of surgery and I have some questions and I figured who best to ask than the succsessful people who have been around long enough to lose 100 pounds, I feel very let down after all the excitment of preparring and counting the days till surgery,then there was the recouperation and getting used to liquids,

but now I feel just like I did before my surgery, like nothing ever happened and I must wait another 3 weeks till my first fill, I feel just like before I had the surgery I am able to eat whatever I want, everything goes down easy I have not had any problems eating anything and of course I am starting to eat like the presurgery Linda EATING TOO MUCH AND BEING COMPULSIVE AGAIN ABOUT food. I must admit that on my 16th day post surgery (5 days before I was supposed to) I ate about 3 meals of solid food during to course of 24 hours, then I got scared to death that I was ruining my band and went back on liquids for the following 5 days like I was supposed to, I so regret doing that! Even though I had no PBing and everything went down just fine I am still not going to be at peace untill I go In for my first fill on July 24 and Dr Ortiz

checks everything out on xray and says that I didnt ruin anything, I am going to be flying in to Sandiego for my fill and I am wondering how many days would it be wise to stay close to Mexico so as to make sure my fill is right,not too tight and not too loose? I have planned to stay 2 days if any one out there has any suggestions please I would like to hear them, It cost me about $600 everytime I have to fly in and get a fill (350 for the flight 100 of the exray and 100 for the hotel and 50 for minor expences so I really want to do this right the first time. How often do most people get fills? Is it after you lose x number of lbs or just when you are not feeling restrictions? How bad is it when you PB? Sorry I have just been rambling on I just want this to work SO BADLY!!!!!!!!! Any insight would be greatly appreiciated as I once again am counting the days with great anxiety. Thanks so much for you ears (errr I mean eyes) Cor.lin@yahoo.com

Linda, what you're experiencing is actually not abnormal at all. If you dig around enough on this site, you'll find this complaint over and over again. You won't see big results until you've gotten at least one (if not several) fills. So quit worrying. Watch your portions, but don't stress out. It's just about impossible to stretch the band when there's not any fill in it at all.

Linda, as derbygirl said, you're COMPLETELY normal!

You're in what people refer to as "bandster hell" - you're recovered enough from the "stress" of surgery to have your appetite back, yet you don't have ANY restriction.

Think of it this way. Your band is like a light switch that's not turned on yet. No one expects you to lose weight yet - you're in the healing phase (and no more going against the doc's orders on the eating - you can damage things!).

Just know that it may take a few fills before you get restriction. It was my third before I really felt like I really had a band working with me on this journey! So don't get discouraged if you still have your appetite after the first fill!

Hang in there girl, you're normal, you're doing just fine, and poke around on the forum here - there are lots of people exactly in the same boat as you!