Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2Nd Fill Today And Feeling Discouraged

I now have 4.5cc in my band couldn't hold Water down with 5cc. Feeling bad because I haven't lost any weight since my 1st fill on 6/14. I'm eating small portion, staying away from carbs and sweets, drinking them nasty Protein Shakes. And I'm exercising not as much as I should, please HELP!

Are you tracking your food? I wasn't losing then I started tracking my food on myfitnesspal.com and started loosing. Probably because what I was eating was there in black and white. It got me making better choices. More Protein, less carbs. My user name on myfitnesspal is ajtexas0 if you want a friend.

Why are you drinking shakes? Does your surgeon require it? My surgeon said NO shakes. He wants me eating my calories. Solid Protein will sustain you longer than a shake. You may find if you consume solids foods rather than liquid calories you will consume less calories and the weight will start to come off.

Coco is right. It sounds like you're not making good food choices. You should be eating normal foods by now and not relying on shakes. shakes are slider foods. Are you eating other slider foods? Now is when you should be educating yourself to what band friendly foods you can eat.

As far as exercising goes, no one but you can get your butt up off the couch to workout. How bad do you want to be thin?

tmf

I agree about the Protein Shakes, I wouldn't take them unless your doctor said you have to. My doctor says to EAT my Protein, I use a small plate, half is meat, a quarter veggies and a quarter fruit and I don't drink anything with calories. My doc said protein shakes are good for bypass patients but not banders. I do see alot of people on here talking about shakes so other doctors must recommend them. Keep your head up & try to exercise if you can, it really makes a difference for me atleast! Good luck!

I think I've put my body in starvation mode according to myfitness pal. I barely eat 800 calories a day. My surgeon says the Protein Shakes are good

I think this is another case of every surgeon having their own ideas. I have a Protein shake every morning for Breakfast, which my surgeon totally supports. The rest of the day I eat normal foods. However, while he said having one for Breakfast is fine, that is the only one a day I'm allowed.

I agree with the others that I suspect your food choices are what is hurting you. Just because you eat smaller portions doesn't mean you're eating healthy food. I would highly recommend tracking your food intake so you can see clearly exactly what you're eating and what you need to change.

Eat more food. Get out of the starvation mode. Keep your body guessing what will happen next. It's fine to go a week at 800 calories but ramp it up to 1200-1400 a few days or a week. And do the same with your workouts. Mix it up.

tmf

Y ou made a lifetime commitment when you got banded, so dont give up so easily ! Its waaaaaay too early to get discouraged by a small setback. this is a looooong journey with some detours along the way. Try different kinds of Protein to see what you like, it will keep you much fuller. Try a tiny bite of steak, chicken and pork (thin, not thick ) fish, Beans, low cal Peanut Butter , chili etc. Ask you Dr for ideas . Try different kinds of exercise to see what you can stick with, even if its daily walking. Something is better than nothing , and soon you'll see good results ! Good luck !

I use full liquids for 3 days after fill as my doctor advises. It jump starts weight loss again plus heals after fill. I only use Protein shakes after hardcore workout as my snack. That's the tough part about those fills...when you are too restricted, you use sliders. There was one fill in which it seemed I had to really stay with soft foods for about two weeks. Didn't feel great st all. But during that time I had cottage cheese, low call Soups, yogurt, soft meats mushed up, and very careful rules on chewing and size of bites.

weight.png

I use full liquids for 3 days after fill as my doctor advises. It jump starts weight loss again plus heals after fill. I only use Protein shakes after hardcore workout as my snack. That's the tough part about those fills...when you are too restricted, you use sliders. There was one fill in which it seemed I had to really stay with soft foods for about two weeks. Didn't feel great st all. But during that time I had cottage cheese, low call Soups, yogurt, soft meats mushed up, and very careful rules on chewing and size of bites.

I agree Protein Shakes should be a suppliment to a normal healthy diet and should be used after a hardcore workout, this is when your body will make most use of the extra Protein. Otherwise u are far better getting fresh protein in if u can. If u do a Protein shake for Breakfast say, it should be one that is a Meal Replacement or has other nutrients in to replace a meal like made with skimmed milk etc. They are actualaly viewed as slider food by some doctors, but if it sustains you till your next meal i dont see the harm. After all i eat Soup before my dinner and thats classed as a slider too :).

I had my fill last Thursday slight restriction it's almost a week and no weight lost ? Should I go for more fill? Should I wait? Please respond if anyone had same experience. Please let me know thanks

I had my fill last Thursday slight restriction it's almost a week and no weight lost ? Should I go for more fill? Should I wait? Please respond if anyone had same experience. Please let me know thanks

It can take up to 2 weeks for a fill to take affect. My doctor wanted me to wait 3 weeks before getting an additional fill. It took me 6 months before I reached restriction.

Honk is right and I'd add I felt the same way about my 5th fill and went back for #6 but then had to go back and take some out. I think I could have been fine with #5 if I would have known what I know now. Did that make sense?? Anyway, give it a few weeks before you go back but if you do go back for a fill, make it a small one. Once you get to this point just a little fill of .1-.3 can cause toomuch restriction.

tmf