Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have my surgery tomorrow and will be released on mushy soft foods. I need ideas of things to eat.

Weird! I was on liquids for 2 weeks after surgery. Mushy foods can be pretty much anything that you can blend down. I personally like Soup so for my mushy stage I did mostly soup, greek yogurt is good for Breakfast, I tried to blend a steak but it just wasn't appealing to me. I did like doing mashed potatos and I would mix chicken soup flavored Protein Powder in it and cottage cheese with anything mixxed for flavor. Just try to do mostly high Protein foods, Good Luck

I was also on liquids for 2 weeks, first week clears and second full liquids (tomato soup). Personally I would do at least full liquids for a few days as your stomach will be pretty traumatized from the surgery. For mushies the first week was cottage/ricotta cheese and smooth yogurt (used hand blender to mince the fruit). Second week of mushies was canned tuna/chicken which I mixed with low fat laughing cow cheese.

Will a blender do the trick or do I need a food processor?

^_^

Will a blender do the trick or do I need a food processor?

^_^

For Protein Shakes I used a mini blender buy hamilton beach. Only 15 dollars at Walmart has a travel cup which is used to make the ingredients. Works really well on crushing ice in Protein shakes. I use a stick blender to make fruit in Greek yogurt during mushy. Other than that I didn't use a blender or food processor for mushies.

make sure with your dr that you're supposed to be released to soft foods... becasue my dr was very strict about doing liquids for the first 2 weeks to make sure the stitching around the band healed completely before sending food down through there. i know some others are given only a few days of liquids. so i would make sure you dont have have to do at least a couple days of liquids... especially those first few days cause you're so swollen around the stomach. it might be easier for you! :)

I only have to be on liquid for 24hrs then mushy. Every doctor is so different!

make sure with your dr that you're supposed to be released to soft foods... becasue my dr was very strict about doing liquids for the first 2 weeks to make sure the stitching around the band healed completely before sending food down through there. i know some others are given only a few days of liquids. so i would make sure you dont have have to do at least a couple days of liquids... especially those first few days cause you're so swollen around the stomach. it might be easier for you! :)

Thanks

I was released in Clear Liquids for a day and then mushy and soft foods today. I ended up having a hiatal hernia so that is why the Clear Liquids yesterday. But soft foods and mushy is his normal release instructions if a person can tolerate it. If not stay on liquids. I am able to tolerate mushy food so that is fine. I received a call from my doctor this morning.

I was on liquids for 2 days then mushies.

I lived on cottage cheese and yogurt!

Congrats and Good Luck!

Any food processor or blender that can puree foods will suffice...

It's important to begin making the better food choices now; limit carbs to ones which are not immediately converted to sugar by the body.

I pureed home made chicken, egg and tuna salads...and strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe.

Don't forget to track your Protein grams...initially I was not able to come close to meeting my daily goals with Protein, so usually had to have one shake a day to maintain proper nutrition.

Thank you everyone for your help!