Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3Yrs Banded & Time For Body Sculpting..

Hello everyone

I do hope your all well. I have begun my research for reconstruction of my body. It is such a mess so my post here is about this. Have you or anyone your friends with had "laser Lipo, or full body lifts? I hear that laser lipo uses the laser to loosen up the fat cells so it can be easier to suck them out. Less traumatic I hear, done in the doctors office under local anesthetic while we chat, and talk about all kinds of things.

Have any of you had a problem with the fat growing back in different places and causing your body to perhaps look a bit lopsided? Again I am in the beginning stages of my research and I do live here in South Jersey I have a great band doctor who is also the LIPO doctor, go figure and over achiever..lol

Well I do hope to hear back from anyone with input on this topic..

Thanks everyone

Michele

I had a full body lift, with 360 degree abdominoplasty and brachioplasty 7 weeks ago now, it went easier than i thought it would, was uncomfortable but not really painful, i had lost a lot of weight, was 58 yrs old so had a mass of saggy skin and muscles. now all i have are red thin lines where the scars are and they will eventually fade .. i saw on tv a programme regarding this laser Lipo, and yes it is a great idea for very small targetted areas of fat, but the amount of fat that can be withdrawn is evidently quite small, and u have the added problem that any lipo can create loose skin so what u gain in lipo u lose in loose skin. I saw the laser lipo done on a tummy that most people would see as a normal stomach so hard to judge how an ex overweight tummy would fare using this method.

Theres quite a few of us now who ended up having to have surgery to remove skin not so many that had lipo tho :)

I had a full body lift, with 360 degree abdominoplasty and brachioplasty 7 weeks ago now, it went easier than i thought it would, was uncomfortable but not really painful, i had lost a lot of weight, was 58 yrs old so had a mass of saggy skin and muscles. now all i have are red thin lines where the scars are and they will eventually fade .. i saw on tv a programme regarding this laser Lipo, and yes it is a great idea for very small targetted areas of fat, but the amount of fat that can be withdrawn is evidently quite small, and u have the added problem that any lipo can create loose skin so what u gain in lipo u lose in loose skin. I saw the laser lipo done on a tummy that most people would see as a normal stomach so hard to judge how an ex overweight tummy would fare using this method.

Theres quite a few of us now who ended up having to have surgery to remove skin not so many that had lipo tho :)

Sounds like u are doing good, i know lipo can cause loose skin or skin with wrinkles i have seen, might be worth see a lipo expert and a plastic surgeon to discuss your options.