Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got 1st negative remark...

I do understand cause I have been there with family so you could only imagine. If she is that close of a friend of yours you should call her cards on it if you can't let it go. I have learned over the years that people will be who they are and they may try to hide it for a season but it will surely come out. Jealousy is a egly demon and it can get to the best of them. Maybe her DH is not giving her the attention she desires and by paying you a compliment reminded her of what she's not getting.

Anyway, I would say get over it and move on. Be proud of yourself and let the haters continue to hate all the way to you being the skinny woman you want to be. Be proud of yourself, you deserve it!:clap2:

My sister will bust my chops about my boobs and I'll bust her chops about hers. We always wind up laughing so hard. I always tell her to put band-aids on her mosquito bites.... but we do it in love :) ROFLMFAO

I guess it has to be taken in context. Reading what you wrote, I wouldn't be offended at all. My friends and I joke like all the time. Are you sure she meant something negative by it?

If so, then talk to her about it. Best of luck!

Maybe I tend to overreact but that heifer would have gotten a face full of hot whatever was cooking on the stove. Moreover, that is NOT a true friend. I know how you feel. I found out that my maid of honor felt I didnt deserve to get married first, and to a good man because she was six years younger and 75 pounds lighter than I. That was hurtful to find out that she stood next to me with a fake ass smile wishing that my happiness would take a backseat to hers. Dont be surprised if her friendship shrinks with your waistline. Hang in there and forget her !!

Note to self: Don't ever ever EVER piss off Pageantnurse. :)

Oh, she definitely wasnt joking. I told her I hadnt lost 30 lbs off my boobs and she said "well I can tell they look a lot smaller." Yet my DH says that look bigger because everything else is getting smaller. It is almost hilarious now that I think about it. I really think she is wishing that they WILL get smaller....or just go away altogher.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get it off my chest. And yes the pun was intended THIS time!

*DING DING DING DING* (echoing announcers voice) IN THIS CORNERORNERorner, THE INNOCENT BANDSTERSTERster. IN THE OTHER CORNERORNERorner, THE JEALOUS BITCHITCHitch. (IT'S A JOKE, PEOPLE....)

Honestly, lianna, she's jealous, she's protecting her family, her MAN! When you get the chance, put on the Lee Press on Nails (DropDead Red), go over and set her straight. Tell her you wouldn't have the (insert your opinions here) worthless, horndawg, loser of a husband of hers and that if she got some boobs, maybe she wouldn't have to defend her territory quite so often. *snap....snap...snap*

I agree - jealous! If she is a good friend I would talk to her, she may not realize that she is hurting your feelings. If it continues then you will have to re-think the situation. A friend of mine had gastric by-pass and at lunch one day someone else said that she was losing weight but not the "easy" way. The other girl said that there was nothing about gastric by-pass that was easy and if she could have done it any other way she would have. The 2nd girl backed up and realized what she said and how it might have sounded. End of conversation.

you know what they say, if you want to look thin, find a fat friend.

shes not a friend shes a jealous catty **** and someone who cant bear for her husband to notice someone. sounds like a very insecure "friend" to me.

I have been through something similar and that friendship just drifted away, I cant help wondering when I see her with her new found friend who is as big as i was pre banding and someone the old "friend" used to laugh at behind her back.

True friends stick around. I have had people make remarks like that to me and like Photonut said in her very wise post, they become just occasional friends.

Life is too short to put up with that kind of treatment. A true friend would never make you feel that way.

hugs and continued weight loss you hotty you.

Or you could say " ya know Mary, the boob thing is getting boring, can't you think of something else to say...
I agree with NJ! Looks like ole Mary has some major mammary issues. You could tell her, "In case you haven't noticed, I've lost weight in other parts of my body, too, and I'm feeling pretty good about it." Or something that gets across the message "I don't make fun of your nonexistent tits, so leave my girls alone!"