Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High Protein/low Fat Foods...

Can you guys give me some food ideas that are high in Protein but low in fat please?

Sent from my MB865 using LapBandTalk

I'm a big fan of low fat cottage cheese. Greek Yogurt is also an excellent choice.

tuna is also a good one. I mix it with a wedge of Babybel light cheese instead of mayo.< /p>

chicken breasts, pork chops (just don't cook them in a super fatty sauce or breading)

I agree Cottage cheese is a fav I like to mix the Cottage cheese with some green olives, eggs are really good also. Sometimes I like a Refried Beans and crackers or tortilla chips but I thin the Beans out with lowfat or nonfat sourcream or Greek Yogurt. I make a 15 bean Soup with veggies sometimes and even Posole with Pork, the pork is so cooked down that it is easy to chew and swallow. In the Posole there will be fat so I put the pot in the fridge after cooking it and the next day i take the fat off that hardend on the top. For a snack I love Pistachio nuts in the shell. I personally Love fish, pretty much any fish as well as shellfish I do stray away from canned fish like sardines because they are mostly packed in oil.

Homemade chili, I use organic ground bison, far less fatty and more nutritious than most other meats. Keep to darker beans.. i add in Kidney/Pinto/black Beans

Black Beans I mix with salad, or even with cottage cheese. You can even heat up with a bit of salsa in it..and it gives it a kick!

Might sound kinda gross but if you make a spagetti sauce with low fat meat.. if you add cottage cheese to it, it actually tastes to me like lasagna.

Canned tuna in Water, canned chicken breast and make a version of a salad with them both. I put in a whole grain wrap, not the huge ones but the smaller wrap.

I put morningstar farms products dice them up and mix them into egg beaters or eggs.. with onions or even a salsa and make an omelet thing.

Salmon, Salmon and more Salmon... I have found I LOVE this fish!

chicken Breast... YUMMY

Steak, I keep to the really good cuts or I can have problems.

I too love the salmon which I never ate before . I make chicken stew with kidney white and black Beans. Veggie burgers (Morningstar) with orowheat thins instead of Buns and cottage cheese, ground turkey and tofu tossed in spinach Pasta (if u can eat pasta) u can also add tofu to Soup stew and salads for a Protein boost. Lunches I will eat one slice of rye or a thins, topped with turkey tomatoes and avocado. Usually followed by Greek yogurt. If I don't have time for Breakfast I keep a stash of Protein Bars on hand so I can grab and go :)

Mis73, I've never had greek yogurt, what does it taste like? Is it real thick?

And, Babybel cheese, is it soft? If so, your idea of mixing it with your tuna sounds way yummy!

I'm a big fan of low fat cottage cheese. Greek Yogurt is also an excellent choice.

Tuna is also a good one. I mix it with a wedge of Babybel light cheese instead of mayo.< /p>

chicken breasts, pork chops (just don't cook them in a super fatty sauce or breading)

Thanks you guys for all the great ideas! I especially like the idea of putting the laughing cow cheese in the tuna. I will so have to try that :)

tuna, chicken, (both mixed w/ff or low fay mayo and eggs (with or w/o yokes) Beans (all types)..pieces of low fat cheese (hub got me sharp cheddar cheese, 2 oz with 7 grams Protein (packed/sealed in 2oz pieces)........these are mine mainstay as i progress further into more foods

Cottage cheese mixed with yogurt and tsp of granola

Italian seasoned ground turkey with Pasta sauce made like a Soup.< /p>

Tilapia, green Beans

weight.png

Mis73, I've never had greek yogurt, what does it taste like? Is it real thick?

And, Babybel cheese, is it soft? If so, your idea of mixing it with your tuna sounds way yummy!

Greek Yogurt is pretty much just like normal yogurt only more Protein.

Babybel comes in firmer wedges and soft wedges, I use the soft light swiss wedges to mix with tuna. It's excellent.

Mis73,

Thank you so much. I'll have to buy a cup of Greek yogurt to try it, but I don't like plain yogurt. And I wouldn't know how to use it. Any more suggestions anyone?

As for the cheese, it's a do'er! :)

Can you guys give me some food ideas that are high in Protein but low in fat please?

I don't know just how much Protein is in these, but they have some....

I eat a lot of tuna (packed in water) or you could use canned crab...so I had to come up with new ideas, so I tried this simple thing.

Make your tuna (I'm now going to make it like Mis73 does!), cut up an English cucumber into slices. Top each slice with a little tuna. Maybe add a little ff or lf amercican or cheddar cheese. It's a fun snack in this heat!

I also eat a lot of three bean salad's. Not the one's in the can.

I'm new to making my own food (my husband's a chef and does all the food, I am/was spoiled!) so I'll have more ideas as I learn myself! Good luck!

I'm definitely trying the babybel cheese and tuna.

I love tilapia but I've never had salmon. What does it taste like ?

Is it like can tuna or sardines ?

Not at all salmon is a nice firm fillet not very "fishy" at all top with avocado after baking and I eat it with steamed squash or asparagus

Some Greek yogurts are better than others I'm finding. Aldis has a Greek yogurt, pineapple flavored. It's my favorite. Maybe Greek yogurt is an acquired taste?