Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Health!

I'll be 24 in a couple days my cw is 345 ive been heavy these whole 23 yrs of mine. I started my wlj in feb of this year and so far ive only lost 22 pounds gained 5 back :-( I wanna be healthy. This saturday i will see my dr and tell her tht im intersted in the lapband.. But befor i do that i would like to hear storiess!

I totally understand you in having always been heavy! Me too! I'm 32 now so it's been a little longer! I have tried so many diets and I lose some, just to gain it back and more usually! My highest weight was 297 (occasionally hitting over 300 when I ate a lot). I had surgery this past Monday, July 2 so I can't give you too much on success story yet. But you can find many of those here on these boards!! Theres a whole section of that!

I had to do a strict Pre operation diet to prepare for the band and I lost 23 pounds during that time. It wasn't easy because I have an addiction to food that I was able to see during that time. But it's nice to see that it's possible! I've lost 2 more after surgery, though I'm sure it's more because I'm still swollen from surgery!

Definately talk to your doctor about it, research some bariatric doctors near you and find one you like and go to an informational session...there u can learn all about the banding!

Best of luck! Keep us updated! If you want, feel free to add me as a friend and send me a message!

After 35 years of trying every diet, i figured it is time for a permanent change. I am currently waiting to find out if my insurance will approve the surgery. I have already decided to do self pay if they don't approve. I have learned a great deal from all the posts. Thank you!

I wish i would have had my surgery when i was your age! Best decision i have made. Pre band 420lbs...7 months post op 259lbs. Good luck!

I'm 51 & had surgery 10 months ago. 90 lbs down - 35+- to go. Overweight since childhood, more & less, done everything including therapy (most helpful) & lost 100 lbs twice & gained it back. ((Once kept it off for 5 yrs).

Love my band. All positive. BUT, I follow Everything my dr told me, did a lot of research & made a commitment to change my eating & exercise forever. All the best to you & everyone else!

PS: I was self-pay & have a lot invested.