Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Frustrated With This Stupid Liquid Diet!!

I have been on my Pre-op diet for 6 days now and have only lost 5 pounds!! I have faithfully followed the 2 shakes/1 Lean Cuisine rule and I am so disappointed and pissed off and hungry I could scream! I am having surgery on Thursday and am supposed to be down 5 more pounds by then. How in the heck is that going to happen? Why am I not losing more weight when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing? I'm so upset right now. :(

I have been on my Pre-op diet for 6 days now and have only lost 5 pounds!! I have faithfully followed the 2 shakes/1 Lean Cuisine rule and I am so disappointed and pissed off and hungry I could scream! I am having surgery on Thursday and am supposed to be down 5 more pounds by then. How in the heck is that going to happen? Why am I not losing more weight when I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing? I'm so upset right now. :(

Sorry your upset and let me tell you that I'm sure you aren't alone. I am also on my 6 th day of my diet. I have to have 2 weeks though and only liquids!! It sucks big time!! I have lost about 15lbs though so that helps. If possible you could eliminate that lean cuisine and replace it with a Protein shake. I'm just throwing an idea out there though. Be sure to check with your doc first. It could be a lot of things..I wouldn't stress over it. As long as your doing what the doc says....there shouldn't be a problem. Hope it works out for ya!

Sorry your upset and let me tell you that I'm sure you aren't alone. I am also on my 6 th day of my diet. I have to have 2 weeks though and only liquids!! It sucks big time!! I have lost about 15lbs though so that helps. If possible you could eliminate that lean cuisine and replace it with a Protein shake. I'm just throwing an idea out there though. Be sure to check with your doc first. It could be a lot of things..I wouldn't stress over it. As long as your doing what the doc says....there shouldn't be a problem. Hope it works out for ya!

I am on liquid diet too. Day seven for me. Tricia has a point. I am only allowed shakes and have list 11 pounds so far. Maybe try that. Lean cuisines have a lot of sodium that causes Water retintion.

make sure to drink plenty of Water too.

If you're like me, not having issues with Water retention because you drink plenty of fluids normally, you will not have that huge initial weight loss just because you drastically cut calories. When you hear about people who lose like 20 pounds on their pre-op liquid diet it is mostly water weight. Don't freak, just follow your surgeo's guideli es and you'll be fine.

drinks tons of Water. Lean Cuisines have lots of sodium. Also, try and choose Lean Cuisines low in carbs. Some of them have a lot of carbs.

Don't stress. You are doing what you were directed to do.

It probably wont matter that much that u havent lost as much weight as they wanted u to, and many people do have a somewhat difficult time during this 'liver shrinking' phase, but u wull have to get used to maybe not dropping much weight and being on liquids as that is what happens post - op. You will probably get frustrated and hungry much more than u realise u would, but this is following all normal patterns of the lapband story. It may take a few fills till u start to feel some restriction from it and that could take a few months post op, just follow your doctors guidelines and all should be ok .. u seem to be doing fine :)

Thanks you guys! I feel better already, lol. :) I will try doing 3 shakes tomorrow & see if that makes a difference!

Like the Master said drink a lot of Water or crystal lite it helps you lose Fluid weight and don't worry so much about the numbers. Take a walk and get moving that helps burn calories and to relax, it will all be ok. Don't be upset your body is working it just sometimes takes more time than we would like it to. Wait a couple of days and then weigh yourself. The object to this diet is to shrink your lliver and if you are faithful to the plan you should be ok.

Good luck and God Bless!

My doctor had me doing a 500 calorie a day liquid diet (yes 500). I did it for 6 days and lost nothing. NOTHING!!!! And I was doing an hour of cardio daily. Went off that crazy diet and back to MY diet. In 7 months lost 50 pounds .

Water is your BFF. Just repeat that mantra.

My doctor had me doing a 500 calorie a day liquid diet (yes 500). I did it for 6 days and lost nothing. NOTHING!!!! And I was doing an hour of cardio daily. Went off that crazy diet and back to MY diet. In 7 months lost 50 pounds .

What's your point? The pre-op diet is about shrinking the liver, not losing weight.

My Dr. has said ONLY liquids - What I wouldn't do for a lean cuisine meal! I will say that I have cheated a bit and had a small bite or two of real food each day. I miss chewing! Surgery is 7/10 and I can't wait. Nervous but I'm ready... I think :)

My Dr. has said ONLY liquids - What I wouldn't do for a lean cuisine meal! I will say that I have cheated a bit and had a small bite or two of real food each day. I miss chewing! Surgery is 7/10 and I can't wait. Nervous but I'm ready... I think :)

Ditto! I am craving anything with flavor! I can only take so much of the sweet Protein shakes. I'm not allowing myself to cheat because I'm scared its going to be a slippery slope and if I take one bite of real food I wont be able to stop. My surgery is 7/16 and I am very anxious for it!

Man, oh man. I'd be dancing in the aisles if I ever lost 5 pounds in only 6 days. You're doing fine.

You can't see it, but deep inside you, your pre-op diet and weight loss are shrinking the size of your liver and improving its texture so that it'll be more easily maneuvered by your surgeon, making your surgery safer. That's a good thing!

Now I have to dish out some tough love. It's highly unlikely that you will go on losing almost 1 lb a day, before or after surgery. I think you need to take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that this is going to be a long journey requiring a lot of work on your part, but that it's totally worth it.