Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I also have very small ankles. In fact, framewise I am very petite. Since you don't have "tankles" I think you would like it. :)

post-207154-13813134194791_thumb.jpg

This is the tattoo on the underside of my forearm. I took the pic 2 years ago when I got it (hence the redness and puffiness)

This one has literally just shrank along with me as I've lost weight, it hasn't been distorted or stretched at all.

post-327257-13813140144845_thumb.jpg

post-327257-13813140144845_thumb.jpg

This is the tattoo on the underside of my forearm. I took the pic 2 years ago when I got it (hence the redness and puffiness)

This one has literally just shrank along with me as I've lost weight, it hasn't been distorted or stretched at all.

Missy, that is really a beautiful tattoo! perfect inscription :)

My aunt used to joke that when she was 18 she got a rose tattoo on her hip, and as she's gotten older it's turned into a whole rose bush!

Then there was the babe who got a nice little rosebud tattooed on her left breast. Forty years later, it was a long-stemmed rose.

I have two, one on the inside of both of my forearms and still the same the newest one is my profile pic

I got a Japanese character on my hip when I was 18, I havnt seen it in 5 years!! I'm excited to lose my tummy tire and see it again...wonder if it changed? Lol

It really depends on location. My tattoos on my forearm and back have just shrunk with me' date=' the one just above my right breast is now kinda stretchy and icky.[/quote']

I have a large butterfly on my right breast with ivy vines wrapping around...I am super worried it is going to misform badly when I lose my weight. I really hope not though.

My ribs and back are covered in tattoos from before banding. I did a lot of research before gettin banded on what might happen. I still get nervous about it sometimes when I think about it-- but I would recommend anyone getting banded wait until after weight loss. Depending on your skins elasticity, the type of tattoo (certain styles age better as it is, without considering lap band) and placement, it could shift or distort. My fingers are crossed that I don't end up losing all this weight and being unhappy with my body because of how my tattoos have adjusted. Fortunately, I carry most of my weight in my stomach and am tattoo free there (and hips!- don't want pregnancy to ruin any tattoos in the future either). I figure my tattoos tell a story and this is a huge part of mine, so whatever happens, happens. That being said-- I can't wait to get more once I hit goal!

Good luck- and I would hold off until you know how your body responds to the weight loss if you can :)

I have three...two are one my upper back and one is on the top of my right foot. After losing almost 100 pounds, I haven't noticed any changes in them. But if you have a low pain tolerance, stay away from foot tats. I almost broke the damn chair when I was getting it done!