Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Could I Be Gaining Weight Again!! ;-(

Good Morning

It has been 3 years since I was banded and I just cannot get this last 8 lbs to get to one of my goal points. I had gotten off track for a while and since about May I have been back on track. I found a new doctor, and it was found that I am deficient in many Vitamins. So back I went to the nutritionist and she and I discussed all this. She has me on a 1200 calorie regimen daily but sometimes I really just don’t get in those 1200 calories worth of food. Could this be causing a weight gain? The band had been checked and the doctor seems to think I am tight enough by the way the Fluid flows through. I do have a 10cc band and right now I am at 8.5 cc full. He will not fill it again as he don’t want to cause any problems for me, I can totally respect that. Although I am very health conscious as to what I put into my mouth and I did find this app for my Iphone called My Fitness Pal and I keep track of everything, even the one or two packets of Splenda I might use in my tea. Even the things I think are BAD foods I keep track.

I am not big on caffeine’s; I am not big on sweets although a cookie now and then (which is counted) is very yummy. I have not had my Ice Cream or Starbucks since May so going on two full months and really I do not miss it. I make my own coffee, and eat fruit pops if I feel like I am in need of that Ice Cream fix I gave up. I do not eat out at all; I cook everything fresh and from scratch.

I just do not understand how I could be gaining weight! Could it be my hormones (going through the change) I have pumped up on the Proteins I intake as well although I am certain that I am not getting in all they recommend. I hate exercise and that might be a downfall I don't know.

I am simply at a loss any input anyone might have as to the same struggle you had like this and how you overcame it would be helpful.

Thanks so much for your help

Michele

I would say that given what u describe the weight gain is probably hormonal more than anything else. The female body is notorious for putting on weight at this time and u will have to be even more careful what u eat till it selttles down, You may find also that due to a decrease in hormone levels that u will need to exercise a little more maybe just do some dumbells while sitting watching tv it still burns calories .. not to do exercise only works if u can still lose wieght without it, but if u are stuck or gaining a bit u have to change something.

I remember putting on a ton of weight during the change and u sore it all around your tummy and thighs :) ... just work a little harder u may find thats all u need to do .. good ;luck

Your ticker says you have lost 51 bs in 3 years??? hmmmmmmm....

Everything you stated, I am the complete opposite. I do not count calories. I don't cook that much at home because it is waste of time to do all that work to eat just a few oz's of food.

I love caffiene..drink coffee all day long. I used to use an I-Phone app but like I said, I gave up on counting calories.

Sugar and soda are a thing of the past so I'm not a splenda fan either or any sweetner.

I am old school.....which means I beleieve the less I eat, the more I loose. I also excercise every chance I get. Only thing I am careful about is making wise food choices.

When I'm at a resturant, and have to choose between chicken fried steak or fish....it's not rocket science.

I don't give much attention to the "Starvation" mode.

If it was accurate for Bandsters, I would have been in trouble a long time ago.

I skip meals entirely sometimes, and have even gone full 24 hrs without eating at all because I just didn't feel ike it.

I'm at 7.5cc in a 10cc band. I do not ever want another fill either so I do a little maintence every few weeks by going on full iquids for a day or 2 to keep my band tight.

So for me, I eat less, excercise more, making sure I get my daily reequirements of Protein, Water, Vitamins, supplements, etc.

I have never felt better, and healthier. My PCP, cardiologist and endrocologist are thrilled with my progress and tell me whatever I'm doing, don't stop.

How much have you gained since May?

tmf

There really are only about 5 lbs which fluctuate up and down but really being stuck is making me nuts and do think it is more this than anything else.

I never go into starvation mode however I wonder if and when I do not get those 1200 calories in if that is not what happens, sometimes I just forget to eat because I get busy and then I will be like well couple more hours and it will be time for dinner, so I just get a Protein drink to hold me over and go on about my day.

I am just don't know the 50 some pounds I have dropped is what I expected, although it is 50 lbs gone and I am ecstatic about this I just want more. I did think it would a bit easier then it has been even with this band guess that was a bit of a mis conception huh? I still have 50 more to lose and simply am getting tired of the not being able to get past this one mid zone hump!

I guess I should just change something up a bit, but really I wonder if lack of food intake is putting me in starvation mode, this would bite totally.

The sad fact is that the less you weigh the less you need to maintain or lose weight.

E.G My ideal weight is around 50kg. I have gained back up to 52kg. In order to lose 2kg in 1 month I would need to eat 860cal per day for the 1st week, 855 2nd week, 849 3rd week, 843 3rd week.

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

I don't know how much you weigh but it is quite possible that 1200cal per day is too much for you for weight loss. The reason your dietician would have given you this figure is that this is the no. of calories per day that most believe to be the minimum an adult female should eat in order to remain healthy and meet all her nutritional needs.

Instead of eating more you probably need to eat less or alternatively step up your exercise.

The sad fact is that the less you weigh the less you need to maintain or lose weight.

E.G My ideal weight is around 50kg. I have gained back up to 52kg. In order to lose 2kg in 1 month I would need to eat 860cal per day for the 1st week, 855 2nd week, 849 3rd week, 843 3rd week.

http://www.healthywe...ories-required/

I don't know how much you weigh but it is quite possible that 1200cal per day is too much for you for weight loss. The reason your dietician would have given you this figure is that this is the no. of calories per day that most believe to be the minimum an adult female should eat in order to remain healthy and meet all her nutritional needs.

Instead of eating more you probably need to eat less or alternatively step up your exercise.

I agree if i eat more than around a 1000 calories a day i gain weight .. try reducing the amount like elcee says, wont do u any harm at all and might actually work !!

I totally agree with the previous two posters. If I eat 1200, I gain! I am 54 and eat between 600 and 800 calories. I am losing very, very slowly right now. Age is a HUGE factor!