Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compliment? I Think Not..,

No disrespect intended, but................. to me looking "better" is just one of the many bonus's we all got with the band. Yes, we all got banded to get slimmer and healthier, but if you're going to lose excess weight you kind of have to expect that you're going to look "better." That just goes with the territory ! Diamonds rings are nice looking but when you have them cleaned and polished, they look even better ! Nothing wrong with the diamond in the first place, it just looks better when its polished. Well honey....................... you're a diamond too !!!!

IMO it may not be so much of a compliment than it is someone saying "Hey, I've noticed...good job." I'd appreciate that.

I welcome the compliments.it is a little always but it is inspiring also ! I've been getting comments from people who knew about the band.so I didn't take it to heart.But last week I got my first comments from people who saw me in march just before I got banded.I've only lost 40 lbs ( need to lose total of 160) but it's starting to show and I appreciate people noticing ! :-)

I welcome the compliments.it is a little always but it is inspiring also ! I've been getting comments from people who knew about the band.so I didn't take it to heart.But last week I got my first comments from people who saw me in march just before I got banded.I've only lost 40 lbs ( need to lose total of 160) but it's starting to show and I appreciate people noticing ! :-)

I know! I was thrilled the first time someone that didn't know about the band noticed!! Yippee! It's working!

I know I look horrible and that's one of the reasons I'm having the surgery. I can't wait for people to tell me I look better. I want to feel better. It's not taken as an insult when you're unwell to be told you look better and healthier.

I've had people I don't know who stop me to say they've seen me at the gym and wanted to tell me how great I'm doing. When I started at the gym I was 365 (highest was about 380) currently 212. It is validating, but also embarrasing that someone I don't know is stopping me on the street.

I only told people at work, so most people at my work do not know I have the band (I work in an office with l35 people...my one on the keyboard decided not to work lol) I have lost 50lbs and starting to get alot of people noticing. I love the attention and the fact that they can tell. Its always a compliment to me

I Get what your saying but I think I looked horrible before I lost weight. That is why I got the band. Pure vanity. I am proud when they say I look better because my goal was to look and feel better. The health aspect was 2nd to me.

Try to take it as a sign that the weight is coming off and be proud.

They have every good intention behind it. Dont read into it as a negative thing. I get told all the time that I look thinner and that I look great' date=' I dont take offense to it. Choose your reaction and choose not to be offended by it. It will change your whole outlook on things[/quote']

Well said! I agree!!

When people ask me what the secret is and knowing they'd never take the challenge of lap band, (and yes, it is a challenge). I tell them I do 1 hour of P90X, a hour of Spin class, another hour of weights, eat less than a 1,000 calories a day, then another hour of yoga on the evening. Then I ask them of they'd like to join me one day.

Oh yeah, I work 80 hours a week.

Before I got my lapband I knew a couple girls that had gotten lapbands and were actually angry and bitter about the differences in the ways they were treated after losing weight. I decided that I wasn't going to have any of that type of thinking. I enjoy the compliments and learning how to feel good about how I look. I never wore makeup before or high heels. Who would have thunk that at 52 I'm finally learning how fun it is to be a girl?

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk