Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Visit Back To Surgeon In A Long Time...

Hi,

I'm going to see my surgeon, or his LPN, I don't know...in a few days. I've been away for five years, long story. If you'd like to know why, check out "My Story" on my Profile. Anyhoo, I'm dying to find out what will happen in this visit?

Do you think I'll be sent for x-rays, or and endoscopy or what? I'm not thinking he'll fill me right away?

Have any of you been away from your surgeon for a while and had to jumpstart or start all over? What was your first visit back like? I'm going crazy wondering.....

They made me have an upper GI to make sure it was all in place and see how things moved through it. I also had switched Doctors so they wanted to know what they were dealing with. I don't know if it was because i had been away for awhile or just the switch.. Good luck!

Interesting journey you have had so far.

Best of Luck to you!

Hi,

I'm going to see my surgeon, or his LPN, I don't know...in a few days. I've been away for five years, long story. If you'd like to know why, check out "My Story" on my Profile. Anyhoo, I'm dying to find out what will happen in this visit?

Do you think I'll be sent for x-rays, or and endoscopy or what? I'm not thinking he'll fill me right away?

Have any of you been away from your surgeon for a while and had to jumpstart or start all over? What was your first visit back like? I'm going crazy wondering.....

he probably wont fill u straight away but who knows maybe he will, only he knows what he will do :) good luck and let us know if u need any support !

Heres my story

Had surgery July of 2009 lost 40 lbs in November i moved to NYC no dr would touch my band cuz i was banded by a different DR and was also pregnant, after giving birth (lying and complaining i said i was having trouble eating which i wasnt just needed to get into a lapband dr asap) i was seen by a dr who sent me for a swallow study and told me i had a dialated esophogus, and would not fill me! she did nothing for me for like 4 months i was totally upset with her the only thing she offered me was a different surgery.

In 2012 i moved back to MA where i had my surgery. April 2012 I went back to my DR who banded me told him i moved away for school had a baby blah blah blah. He was okay with it! i thought for sure he would be angry because I did sign a paper saying i would avoid pregnancy for 2 years extremely understanding, Asked me about my eating habits if I could eat more my portion sizes and various things. To my surprise i recieved a fill that same day! He gave me a 1.5CC in my band. He did send me for xrays because, of my pregnancy he thought i might have had a tipped port. Turns out it wasnt tipped and did not mention ANYTHING about a dialated esophogus. ive gone back for another fill and now have 5.75ccs in a 10cc band. im doing great! as i mentioned before i lost 40 pounds, gained back 35 due to pregnancy, but as of today im back at my lowest weight after surgery and before being pregnant so im down 40 pounds. Cant lie i struggle everyday and think to myself but it was soooo much easier the first time around i work 2x as hard. Portions are not an issue for me just making good food choices are. Just know that IT CAN be done if your truly dedicated to it.

I hope your DR is as understanding as mines was and that you arte able to get back onto the right track. You have made the biggest step which is going back to see him! stay positive and good luck to you.

Dablockz,

What's your docs name? I need a doctor who does fills in mass...do you know if he takes internationally banded patients?

Dablockz,

What's your docs name? I need a doctor who does fills in mass...do you know if he takes internationally banded patients?

I have no idea. my drs name is andrew leaderman hes located in pittsfield mass and hes apart of the berkshire surgical associates team. Good luck to u and let me know how it turns out for u!

Just a piece if info i have access to my insurence claims and they bill my insurance 340.00 for a fill/ drs visit of course my insurance only pays 149.00 just fyi if you care to know!

Went back to my surgeon for the first time in 5 years last month!!!

He was surprised to see me back at long last. Just had a long talk

- very pleasant & helpful.

Then I had a refill!!

Had to get back there the next dat to be unfilled as cld not even keep Water down all night - projectile vomiting it...felt like it anyway!!

Now I am just trying to work out if this is still too tight as can not eat more than three mouth-fulls of anything!!! Trying to re-educate myself how to chew & chew & chew & chew..slowly!

Absolutely horrifying going out to a dinner party now!