Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tears Lots Of Tears

So I've lost a few pounds and I wanted to get my hair done add some blonde. I went to my friend who is an up and coming hair stylist. She has cut my hair and I love it. So I went to her for color. She wrinsed out my foils and we went to the chair for a cut and style. Guys the blonde was fryed! It was coming out in the comb. She started crying and I was like girl its ok I'm glad This happened to me and not someone else. Well I kept my composure and left rushed home called my really experienced hairstlist friend. She rushed down to her salon and out a deep conditioner and told me to leave it over night. She told me my other friend over processed my blonde. Thank God I have thick hair! I have a few short pieces but I can hide them. I'm just trying to look better and feel better and look what happens. I really love my friend and hope this doesn't ruin her. Go figure huh. Just trying to give my young friend some businesses and experience. She didn't make me pay of course. Lap band journey starts off with a bang! I'm 3 weeks post op Tuesday.

Oooh, that's tough. You have such a great attitude about it though! Hopefully it will just be a learning experience for your friend.

Actually having a lapband and the subsequent drop in calories and different nutrition can alter things like your hair its thickness and how much of it u have, and how strong it is, so maybe some of that contributed to it :) just a thought !

I thought that at first too and that is what I told her but my more experienced hair stylest friend said my good hair that wasn't fried was in very good condition she just over processed it.

This happened to me 6 days before my wedding :( i had the most beautiful hair and colors and my aunt who is a professional hair stylist was like mid august weddin your hair will never curl let me perm it... It was to close to the dye session it sucked all the color out so i had groas wierd browb and white fried hair!! ALL my bangs broke off it was terrible

This happened to me 6 days before my wedding :( i had the most beautiful hair and colors and my aunt who is a professional hair stylist was like mid august weddin your hair will never curl let me perm it... It was to close to the dye session it sucked all the color out so i had groas wierd browb and white fried hair!! ALL my bangs broke off it was terrible

Omg girl I thought I had it bad that is horrible and right before your wedding day. Well thanks for sharing your horror story with me. At least I'm not alone.

Lol i laugh about it now i was so depressed then thank god for my vail

do something bold and confidence provoking... like cut it all off. When I cut my medium length hair off for a super short cut... I almost cried with the first snip of the scissors. With some work and effort, my new hair style looked amazing. I got compliments on it for weeks. I learned something about that experience.

It takes a strong woman to be willing to cut most of her hair off. You have to exude confidence at that point. I still kind of like my hair short but I'm in the process of growing it back out. I kept it short for over a year.

Oh man... I cant do it lol I have a round head and when I have short hair I look like a pumpkin! Its finally after almost a year of trimming and conditioning getting long and healthy! Thinking about askin the hubby to get it professionally dyed for my one year anniversary gift :)

Yeah my husband said he doesnt want me to cut off my hair. I want him to be attracted to me still. Even though he cut off his goatee wich made me sad.

Consider the haircut a change. I change my hairstyle almost as often as I change my underwear (okay so I'm exagerating by a lot). I've gone from long to short, short to medium, medium to long, brunette to blonde, blonde to black, black to red, multicolored, etc. I have tortured my hair but I look at it this way, I do what I can to choose a style that works for me.

I learned when looking at styles that there is almost a science to getting a good cut. On the internet there are so many sites that have advice on different types of styles for the different styles of faces. I think the key for bigger women to look good and feel confident with a hair style it should accentuate one of your favorite facial features. Face framing pieces can help the bigger ladies look slimmer without too much work. I've been toying with the idea of going to cosmetology school lately. I like hair. I like messing with hair. I have some awesome ideas for styles and know I would make it work for someone. Problem is, my husband has asked me to finish my bachelor's in business first. Once I've done that, if I still want to do hair, then he will support me in going to cosmetology school.

One goal at a time right?

You sound like you would be good at hair. I wanted to go to cosmetology school but I've learned through managing a restaurant that I love customer service and business. I've lost interest in hair because I would be devastated to mess it up.

I'm a cosmetologist and a teacher. I've had more bad hairstyles than anyone else I know but each one has been a discovery, not a mistake!! Last month I bit the bullet and whacked my hair short...not super short but shorter and layered, where before it was long (long to me, but really it was just an inch or so past my shoulders, the longest it's ever been!). I'm loving it short! I forgot how fun it can be to not be dragged down by my hair. It's not very thick but it just wasn't a good look for me. Super glad I did it and have gotten lots of compliments. I still always say I want to grow it long but it will never been long and sexy like I'd prefer, so I will go with what works.

I've had it fried so many times before that I'm

Surprised it still wants to be friends with my scalp.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk