Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower Left-Side Abdomen Pain 2 Weeks Post-Op

Hi everyone,

Since surgery, I've had this achey, weird pain on my lower left side, below the belly button and off to the left. It feels like I ran too far and got a side "stitch" - does anyone know what I'm talking about or maybe know what's causing this?

It's nothing serious I'm sure but is pretty uncomfortable sometimes. Thanks :) D

Is it not where your port is located ?

No, it's off to the left side, down lower - like a side ache. :blink:

Hi everyone' date='

Since surgery, I've had this achey, weird pain on my lower left side, below the belly button and off to the left. It feels like I ran too far and got a side "stitch" - does anyone know what I'm talking about or maybe know what's causing this?

It's nothing serious I'm sure but is pretty uncomfortable sometimes. Thanks :) D[/quote']

I have that also would love an answer

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi I'm Cindy and I am having the same problem. First it felt like a charliehorse sudden sharp, now I am having sharp burning pains and sometimes sudden. I am going for a CT scan Thursday. Someone said it could be a Hernia which I am praying its not. Please keep me posted as well as I will.

Cindy

I had that.. Thinking it would go away .. Had to go to ER after 3rd day ... Without sounding crude ... I needed to poop.... After that lesson I keep milk of mag on hand and eat plenty of watermelon...

Hey thats is funny but honestly I have diverticulitis... problems with the pooping! I keep saying maybe I need to drink some prune juice? But I still have the pain even when I go. Thanks for the help and the chuckle! Keep in touch ok. It is so nice talking to people who have had same surgery and hearing everyones accomplishments and issues.

Cindy

How is it going? Still pain? I am still same maybe alittle better... and regarding POOP, I am good in that department. I actually got my results from CT scan an there was nothing wrong, no hernia thank god. My doctor really didn't know what it is said it could be a bad muscle pull? So alittle aggravated since I just have to live with it, which doesn't make any sense. Let me know how your feeling....

Cindy

Hi Cindy - I'm 5 weeks out now and I think the pain is starting to get better. It comes and goes, and like you, no problem with the pooping (LOL!) Seems to bother me most after I eat or drink, usually later in the day. Sure could be muscular - that's what it kinda feels like. The good news is, I do think it is going away very slowly, and doesn't seem to bother me as much now as it did about three weeks ago.

Let me know how your doing - it is so nice to hear from others with the same stuff going on!!!

D :)

OH thank you so much for emailing me. The pain doesn't seem to be going away, I wish it would. I have good an bad days. It does come when I eat even alittle bit. Or I could just be sitting down at computer and BAMM, a huge sharp pain. It comes alot when I try to bend down to pick something up. I am getting upset actually it really hurts a bad burning sharp pain. I can cry. I told my husband that some days I am ready to go to the hospital. I feel like something is rubbing on the band? I also feel it could be a very bad pulled muscle. When I ice it it feels better. Thank you again and please keep me posted if you hear anything on this ... THANK YOU SO MUCH>

How is the weight loss coming? I feel it is coming but so slow!

Have a good night, Cindy